GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks 5:30pm @ Pentagon via Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks 5:30pm @ Pentagon via Midco

UND still has Rebraca and Allen-Eikens. Allen-Eikens has missed 3 games due to injury. They have also added a Kirkwood CC player to the roster. Sims is 6'7" G-F from Iowa City. Nero is a Weber St transfer at 6'2". Another starter is Ihenacho who is 6'4" freshman from Prior Lake Mn. Sueker 6'9" transfer from D2 School of Mines was a starter yesterday as well. Sather who is accompanied by Zach Horstman will have a scrappy game plan for the Jackrabbits. The hawks will likely not be as fluid as last year's team. The Jackrabbits could use an extra contributor if Douglas Wilson is still healing. We saw a little more life from Dentlinger and Appel seems to be getting in a groove speedwise. We should be a little bigger at the guards compared to the Bison. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

It's all about Rebraca, especially with Stewart gone. He's a very good player.

Sather is a good coach, and I'm guessing his transfers and incoming freshmen will be good players. Like Hendo and also Richman... he's a good guy, and he'll get good players. (IMO)

I'm of the opinion that if the Jackrabbits can shoot even close to what they did at Bradley or vs Utah State this could be a walk in the park. However... the last 2 games played in the Pentagon we have not shot the ball well at all. Hopefully, that turns around tonight.

Comment

A couple years ago they struggled against Missouri state i think there shooting also. Nothing as nice as the friendly confines of frost.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Is Dentlinger back?!? 4 minutes in and he already has 8 points, a couple rebounds, and a block!
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Maybe we are saving our good shooting for the usd game? This is a bit of a stinker shooting. Basicall we are doing a few things better but not much. Would like to see them attack the basket more in the 2nd half.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Need to be more consistent. Good three minute spurts followed by bad three minute spurts. Not great perimeter shooting so far.

Comment

UND has a decent game plan. Double Noah whenever he has the ball. Jacks need to use that to find someone inside faster. Matt seems to be out of his funk so use him and give him a great game!
              Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Great start to the 2nd half! Also, Matt is definitely feeling it tonight; he just hit a 3!
                Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Official should have called blocking below the waist on that UND player that took out Scheierman in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Official should have called blocking below the waist on that UND player that took out Scheierman in the corner.
                    It seems they have been letting them play a bit more tonight. Keeps the game going when you don't blow your whistle every 10 seconds.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Jacks win, and welcome back Matt Dentlinger!
                      Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Dentlinger played like the man tonight.

Comment

We've won 2 games without the reigning league MVP and shooting below 30% from behind the arc. I'd say that's a good sign going into Summit League play.

Glad to see Dent play well, but to me the most surprising thing of the showcase has been Appel. He is really crafty with his back to the basket and he needs to see more playing time even when Wilson is back, IMO.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Well we were thinking dent was going to pick up during summit league play. And appel the game would slow down and that appears to be the case.

Comment

The big difference in the second half was the Jacks didn't allow UND to go on those 8-10 point runs like they did before the break. Encouraging to come up with two wins without Wilson, and playing far from their best.

Comment

Working...
                              X