GDT: SDSU JACKRABBITS vs UTAH STATE AGGIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU JACKRABBITS vs UTAH STATE AGGIES

Welcome back to South Dakota Austin Hansen and Eric Peterson and Craig Smith. Utah State has that Coyote flavor on the bench. They bring 4 juniors and 1 freshman as starters for USU. They are chosen as the 2nd place(some 3rd) team preseason(rather than 4th or 5th for UNLV). The other SDSU is picked first out there. we can hope the Jackrabbits can keep the USU squad behind this SDSU as well. Both of these squads had trouble with turnovers yesterday. I can rationalize that WVU has the better defense for that stat. The shooting from 3pt was a bit tougher for USU yesterday, but the Jackrabbits will need to contain the 7' big guy who scored 17 and rebounded 10. They have 3 bench guys who play double digit minutes. It would be a great holiday to send these guys back to the room with another loss. Go Jacks!!
    Last edited by OldHare; 11-26-2020, 03:02 PM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

4 minutes left in the first half, and the Jacks have been playing well. Kept turnovers down and hitting 3s. Jacks up 34-27.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

You can't stop Baylor Scheierman, you can only hope to contain him !

Comment

Scheirerman a beast I think

Comment

Up 44-29 at half

Comment

Jacks lead 44-29 at the half. Scheierman is having himself a game! Already a career high in points at 19 with 5 baskets from behind the arc. Always great to see other Jacks step up when others are sitting on the bench or not hitting shots.
            Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
              Jacks lead 44-29 at the half. Scheierman is having himself a game! Already a career high in points at 19 with 5 baskets from behind the arc. Always great to see other Jacks step up when others are sitting on the bench or not hitting shots.
              It looks like he's definitely passed Wingett in the pecking order.

Comment

Only thing I wish for is that they would have really gone after their big guy on offense to get him into foul trouble. He is their whole team. Held him to 6 in first half!

Finish!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Incredible shooting. Fun to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing against Owen King, but Charlie Easley definitely appears to be an upgrade. And Buchanan looks to have a boot on a foot. Wonder if it's a new injury or re-occuring from last season.

Comment

That was some entertaining SDSU basketball. This team certainly has big potential.

Comment

Final: Jacks 83, Utah St 59. Craig Smith still can't beat the Jackrabbits in Sioux Falls! Great win by the Jacks over a really good team. That's what we want to show on national television. Probably gained a few more followers after tonight.15 baskets from behind the arc as a team is awesome! Congrats to Baylor on a career high 23 points! Won't be long until it's broken.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Sure this one stings for smith and hansen a bit. We looked good for 2 games in 2 days. Will like to see how we shoot tomorrow with tired legs. Glad to see this team will probably have a new leading score every game. Wish cod have been there these 2 games. Sucks to play a ranked team in sf and no one could be there. Should have had that at the denny and would have been sold out yesterday.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This has the potential to be a nice win come the of the year. Decisive win against a team that could easily get hot and win the Mountain West considering they are picked 2nd/3rd. In a year where the OOC schedule is so limited every win is magnified.

If Scheirerman can keep shooting it anywhere close to where he has been these first few games we are going to have our own version of a big 3 with him, Friedel, and Wilson. Nearly impossible to stop all the on a given night especially with the different skill sets and willingness to share the ball. Incredibly fun team to watch when everyone is willing to make the extra pass to get their teammate a better shot. My only "complaint" is I havent seen much from our new guys flashing skills that will make them a true impact player but its their first 2 games so Ill stop there.

Nice win wish we could watch this team on a full schedule this year.

Comment

The new additions will take time to fully settle in, this year especially. Just think how long it took our freshman last to get comfortable last year.

I have been impressed with Easley so far. He seems to be willing to do the dirty work without needing to get shots to be happy, yet still capable of knocking shots down if need be. That's a valuable role on this team.

Appel seems to be adjusting to the speed of the game at this level. A couple of times last night he had good looks down low but waited a split second too long to get his shot up. I would bet he adjusts as he gets more experience and he will end up being an asset by the end of the year. With Alou gone, Appel's development will be important as we don't have a lot of post depth.

I agree with you tbjack, it would've been great to see a full non con schedule this year. Hopefully we are able to pick up a game with one of the area majors like NDSU just did with Creighton. Iowa State will be be a good one next week.

Comment

Working...
                              X