GAMEDAY 11/25 #15 West Virginia @ Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAMEDAY 11/25 #15 West Virginia @ Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic

The 2020-2021 Basketball Season is finally here. Didn't know we would get to this point but am excited for some Jackrabbit Basketball.

Should be an exciting year with a team that is loaded with veteran experience and a ton of physical talent.

What a way to get it started against Bob Huggins (a.k.a. Huggy Bear) and his #15 ranked West Virginia club.

Don't know much about their team other than their ranking and you can count on a Huggins coached team to play fierce defense. ESPN has the Jacks a +10 dog to the Mountaineers. The game is on ESPN2 at 6:00 CST. Should be a fun game to watch and a real opportunity for a statement win right out of the gate.

Was planning on being there but instead will be at home with an ice cold beverage cheering on the Jacks!

GBGBGJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    The 2020-2021 Basketball Season is finally here. Didn't know we would get to this point but am excited for some Jackrabbit Basketball.

Should be an exciting year with a team that is loaded with veteran experience and a ton of physical talent.

What a way to get it started against Bob Huggins (a.k.a. Huggy Bear) and his #15 ranked West Virginia club.

Don't know much about their team other than their ranking and you can count on a Huggins coached team to play fierce defense. ESPN has the Jacks a +10 dog to the Mountaineers. The game is on ESPN2 at 6:00 CST. Should be a fun game to watch and a real opportunity for a statement win right out of the gate.

Was planning on being there but instead will be at home with an ice cold beverage cheering on the Jacks!

GBGBGJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    Looks like WV's best players go 6'10 and 6'9, so should be a good test for Wilson and Dentlinger.

Comment

I'm curious to see what the back court rotation will be. Super deep at that position. They have to be ready to handle that WV ball pressure.

Comment

To have a chance, turnovers will have to be limited. That is a tough task against WV and Huggins.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
          To have a chance, turnovers will have to be limited. That is a tough task against WV and Huggins.
          Like where your head is at Diesel! Ariens should be a good asset in that regard. I look for Mims and his speed to be key to breaking press. That and just passing it well in general. The starting 5 should handle it as well as anyone. Since it is a three day tournament we will need to play a lot of people but everyone is in that boat. Rebound, limit turnovers, move the ball, and make free-throws.

Really looking forward to seeing how our starting 5 perform and just getting a first look at all of the new additions.

Basketball is back! So excited!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It’s crazy to go straight from practice to playing a ranked WVU team - there was not even an NAIA exhibition squeezed in there. I guess everyone has similar challenges and at least we are not trying to work in a bunch of new guys.

Comment

Jackrabbit athletics are back. LETS GO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Line - WVU -10.5, O/U 146

Comment

Under 12 media timeout. WVU has been guarding Douglas pretty well. Usually double-teamed, and I think only 1 shot off so far. Haven't been forcing it into him but he hasn't been given the opportunities, either. Jacks hanging around by sharing the ball. Jacks up 16-14 over the #15 team!
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Under 8 and Jacks are still ahead, 22-20! Wilson finding openings and making them pay with and-1s.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Only down by 5 at half, and could have played a lot better. Limit the turnovers guys! Nice effort on the rebounds

Comment

Mountaineers lead the Jacks 37-32 at the half. Overall, Jacks are looking great! Can tell they are a little slower at times than West Virginia, but that's to be expected. West Virginia seemed to be warming up behind the arc just before the half. Hope they cool down and the Jacks starting heating back up. Jacks got lots of guys who can shoot the 3 but haven't been hitting them liked I hoped. Gotta draw defenders in to open the shooters on the outside. Share the ball and keep turnovers down.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Jacks look gassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not so sure of that, but are definitely competing. Could use someone else to get hot though other than just Friedel

Comment

Jacks hanging around. 5:33 left and they're only down 68-64.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X