2020 Transfer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Who knows with Grill? Maybe he didn't adjust well, maybe he didn't have a good attitude, maybe he was behind people like Owen King here, or maybe he wasn't good enough. The coaches are no doubt aware of it and will contact if they have interest. I trust them.

SUPERBUNNY
    He played sparingly throughout most of the year, but started his last couple games and showed a bit more. Iowa State had him shooting mostly threes. I think if Grill gets to control the ball a bit he will succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Hopefully Hendo is all over this.

Be crazy to see this come full circle.
      Pretty sure there is interest.

Comment

Just the thought of it is fun during these crappy times. At least keep us hanging a while, Caleb.

I peaked in on multiple IA State games during the year. To my casual observation he looked the part of a Big 12 guard much more during the last month than the first.

Comment

Hopefully Hendo is all over this.

Be crazy to see this come full circle.
          Hendo was the Assistant responsible for initially recruiting him, so definitely a real relationship there. I know the NCAA issued a "Dead Period" for recruiting due to COVID-19 but I think that's only for "Visits". If they can still make calls, I fully expect he reached out to Caleb.

We do have 3 open scholarships available and i would guess at least 1 of them will be used on a Transfer. I would consider another Ball-Handler & Post Depth (preferably a combo 4/5) are biggest needs. Don't know much about the JUCO Forward that played with Doug and for Coach Petersen but hope he's a combo if we do get him. Alou seemed to be primarily a 5 and so is Dent which would be my guess for lack of playing time. Could use someone to back up either position.

Comment

6'7" Jayson Kent has an offer. High school senior from Oak Forest, Il is the guy referred to earlier. 2 star shooting guard who is gaining mid major attention.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Owen King in transfer portal per verbal commits.

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I think the Caleb Grill hopes are gone. Per twitter, below is the following of who is talking to Caleb. Those programs will be hard to compete against. This was posted by a guy with the Blue Check Mark FWIW.

"Creighton, UNLV, Wichita State, Colorado State, amongst others have reached out to Iowa State transfer Caleb Grill, he told
                @Stockrisers"

Comment

https://twitter.com/caleb_grill0/sta...480068/photo/1

Comment

I don’t have much knowledge on Iowa State. Why is Grill transferring? I thought he got decent playing time for a freshman. Is there bigger issues in the program or what? If he was transferring because he doesn’t like the big city/school feel, maybe SDSU is in the running. Otherwise, like previously said, I imagine our chances are much lower than us jackrabbit faithful would like to think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was there more to this tweet? It had already been reported here yesterday Grill was transferring.

Comment

Matt Johns, USD Soph, is leaving USD to return to Australia. USD has 5 open scholarships.

Comment

I'm most concerned about who will step up and replace Beau Brown's energy on the bench. All joking aside, I don't really see any immediate needs outside of depth at the 4/5. I'm really excited about Mfum, and wouldn't be surprised to see him be the starting PG to start the season. I also wonder if a healthy Buchanan would take Mims' minutes.

Luke Appel would be a really nice addition, and I'm very intrigued by 2020 SG, Jayson Kent, who was just offered this week. 6'7 as a guard is elite size in the Summit and I assume with that he can play and guard multiple positions as well. One under the radar transfer to keep an eye on is 6'9 PF Mitchell Sueker from SD School of Mines. He graduated in three years so he would be immediately eligible with two years left to play. Originally from Marshall, MN Sueker had several D2/NSIC offers including Northern State, so I'm sure Sather and UND will show some interest.

As for the rest of the Summit, I think SDSU will open as the preseason favorite. USD and NDSU both lose a lot. USD loses four starters, but they'll have three transfers become eligible after sitting out last season, including 6'11 Brady Heiman who transferred to USD from Nebraska. NDSU still has a lot of familiar faces and should be solid again. I've always been perplexed as to why Samuelson started over Cam Hunter. I see NDSU being much more balanced next year, with Griesel, Hunter, Kresuer, and Eady still around. ORU, Omaha, and Denver could be decent too.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Matt Johns, USD Soph, is leaving USD to return to Australia. USD has 5 open scholarships.
                            Can they give 2 to Grill? If so, they might be in the running.

This is kind of a put up or shutup time for Todd Lee. He's proven he can't win with someone else's recruits, but can he win with his own?

Comment

I am trying to understand why there are some that see Arians being tossed aside as a key leader for this team. PG is a key leader position which I am confused why he is likely to be supplanted and moved aside. It was an injury that moved him to PG and it may take an injury to move him to another spot. It is possible there is a shake up in the starting 5 for next season, but it will take some fantastic effort by another player in practice to make it real.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Can they give 2 to Grill? If so, they might be in the running.

This is kind of a put up or shutup time for Todd Lee. He's proven he can't win with someone else's recruits, but can he win with his own?
                                At this rate he's going to run out of grease for his hair before that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X