2020 CBI Tourney Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 CBI Tourney Cancelled

Makes you wonder how this affects our chances of a post season berth. Quite significantly I'm afraid. And CIT may follow suit as well but they list in this article that the CIT is still on as of now.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...virus-concerns

SMH.

Comment

“As of now” means a lot these days.

I would not feel great about my chances of seeing games in person if I had NCAA basketball or wrestling tickets right now either. It’s very easy to see something like the CIT or WNIT being cancelled completely because why risk it?

Comment

As rapidly as this situation is developing, things will be so much different a week from now than the are today. If any postseason games are played, it is likely they will not have fans attending.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          As rapidly as this situation is developing, things will be so much different a week from now than the are today. If any postseason games are played, it is likely they will not have fans attending.
          I think it's also worth noting that for the vast vast majority of Americans Coronavirus is not likely to cause many issues. It's the older demographic and people with compromised immune systems that need to worry.

Comment

The governor of Ohio just directed that the first four games in Dayton and first round games scheduled in Cleveland will be played with no fans in attendance. University of Minnesota is not bringing students back after spring break and going to online learning.

Comment

I think at this point it's probably a fairly safe bet there will be no WNIT or CIT. The NIT may still be played in empty arenas because there is some TV revenue associated with it.

I assume the CIT is similar to the WNIT in that host schools bid to host games. Not many schools will bid to host games in an empty gym.

Comment

The NCAA's COVID-19 Advisory Committee has just recommended that all postseason events not be open to the general public. Only essential personnel and limited family attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  The NCAA's COVID-19 Advisory Committee has just recommended that all postseason events not be open to the general public. Only essential personnel and limited family attendance.
                  NCAA just announced they are following the recommendation. That's one hell of a lot of ticket money that has to be refunded.

Comment

Working...
                  X