GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mastodons @ Denny Sanford Premier Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clapbackit View Post
    It’s no wonder this university is full of losers... the team loses to one of the worst teams in the nation to end their season and they get praise for it.

well hey, the gutless losers are returning next year! That’s great news. They won’t win the tournament next year either. Because they’re gutless losers.
    well if this team is full of losers losing to one of the worst team in the nation what does it say about that school to the south losing to one of the worst teams in the nation.

Comment

• Wow! Just logged on after a couple days of cooling period. Pretty shocked by some of the negativity but that happens on anonymous internet threads.

Obviously a very disappointing loss. Just no two ways about it.

I guess 2020 goes down as the year of the injury for Jackrabbit athletics. Just crazy how we got hit with the injury bug to key players in almost every sport.

While I get that there can be lots of questioning things in a tough loss like that. After all, we had a really young team and a first year head coach.

What I don't understand is how any Jackrabbit fan can say that this season wasn't an overall success. Henderson has proven to be a fantastic hire. For crying out load, he was just named COY and totally deserved the honor. He and the staff took the team from where they were after losing four key starters and 80%+ of last years offense and added some key new players and went on to win the Summit regular season title. This team was 335 youngest out of 341 D1 teams. Look at the development that happened with Dentlinger and Arians. They both made tremendous leaps forward. And gosh damn it, he got us back to playing Jackrabbit Basketball again where defense and rebounding are prioritized and got us away from the selfish style we played under Otz.

So it ended Saturday night. Yep, it sucked. It was a bad lost. Everyone could have been better. It also happens. We all felt the pain.

The good news is this program is in a great spot. We are going to be fantastic next year. My bet is this will be motivation for them to work even harder. I'm all in on where this program is and where it is going. ALL IN!

Hopefully there is some more basketball to be played. It would be good for them to get more games in. If not, I'm proud of them for a really good season. Outside of Saturday, they exceeded the expectation of every Jacks fan. They were a blast to watch! The scary thing is they are going to be better next year. If you don't have season tickets, commit to gettting them today!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

What I don't understand is how any Jackrabbit fan can say that this season wasn't an overall success. Henderson has proven to be a fantastic hire. For crying out load, he was just named COY and totally deserved the honor. He and the staff took the team from where they were after losing four key starters and 80%+ of last years offense and added some key new players and went on to win the Summit regular season title. This team was 335 youngest out of 341 D1 teams.

SUPERBUNNY
        Some of that crew will never be happy.

If NDSU suddenly lost Ward or USD lost Hagedorn right before this tournament no one would blink an eye when they got bounced out (at least outside of Bisonville, which would burn). Those are teams with plenty of other seniors, too. We had less than 3:00 played by an upperclassman. What are you going to do?

Last year was a shocking, embarrassing loss - this year to me feels completely different.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          Wow! Just logged on after a couple days of cooling period. Pretty shocked by some of the negativity but that happens on anonymous internet threads.

Obviously a very disappointing loss. Just no two ways about it.

I guess 2020 goes down as the year of the injury for Jackrabbit athletics. Just crazy how we got hit with the injury bug to key players in almost every sport.

While I get that there can be lots of questioning things in a tough loss like that. After all, we had a really young team and a first year head coach.

What I don't understand is how any Jackrabbit fan can say that this season wasn't an overall success. Henderson has proven to be a fantastic hire. For crying out load, he was just named COY and totally deserved the honor. He and the staff took the team from where they were after losing four key starters and 80%+ of last years offense and added some key new players and went on to win the Summit regular season title. This team was 335 youngest out of 341 D1 teams. Look at the development that happened with Dentlinger and Arians. They both made tremendous leaps forward. And gosh damn it, he got us back to playing Jackrabbit Basketball again where defense and rebounding are prioritized and got us away from the selfish style we played under Otz.
          Could not have said better myself! Hendo and his team were phenomenal, i thoroughly enjoy his style of coaching and play over Otz. We lose the CPOY right before the Tourney and play a Fort Wayne Squad that is terrible offensively and statistically shoots poorly (32% 3pt) and they catch lightning in a bottle from 3pt in the first half. The loss sucks and is disappointing, especially knowing NDSU will coast to the NCAAs. I personally thought it would take a couple years to recover from last years roster loses and now we'll be overwhelming favorites to win next season.

The only thing I could maybe be critical of in Saturday nights game was not sticking with Alou in the end. Dent had an off night and Alou gave the team great minutes and spark off the bench. With that said we have a phenomenal coach that's proven in one season he can coach and develop his players. Next couple of years are going to be ripe for the picking for this you Jacks Squad

Comment

• Maybe this has been said, IDK. But it's not all or nothing. The Jacks had a great season that exceeded most people's expectations. With that said, to go out like they did, against the team they played, was a big dissapointment. Both of my statement's sum up my feelings as how the year went/turned out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              Maybe this has been said, IDK. But it's not all or nothing. The Jacks had a great season that exceeded most people's expectations. With that said, to go out like they did, against the team they played, was a big dissapointment. Both of my statement's sum up my feelings as how the year went/turned out.
              NDSU darn near lost to Denver, North Dakota beat USD, and of course Fort Wayne's upset of the Jacks.

Focus during the conference tournament has to be high because on any given day ...

Comment

• Whats more frustrating is how good FW shot against us but couldn't buy a 3 against UND. that was irritating to watch.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

You are a dip****, sell your tickets and skip next year, pry a government corn farmer too. You guys are worthless when it comes to grit.
                  You so fluke

Comment

• This is where I remind people to discuss posts, not posters.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Really good season, overall. The Jacks reloaded very effectively. Next season is looking very promising. Playing in one of the secondary post-season tourneys this season could be fun, too, and good prep for next year. I wonder if Wilson will be available for the post-season?
                      This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Really good season, overall. The Jacks reloaded very effectively. Next season is looking very promising. Playing in one of the secondary post-season tourneys this season could be fun, too, and good prep for next year. I wonder if Wilson will be available for the post-season?
                        I wouldn't hold your breathe on any postseason tournament that isn't the NCAA tourney happening now that .0003% of the population of the US has Coronavirus.

Comment

• I think we just have to realize what shape TJ left the program in. Our best player, in this game, was a recruit that Hendo brought in after Jenkins JR and Grille jumped ship. Dentlinger had a good season but he struggled in this game. Only Noah and Arians played an above average and great game.
                          You could maybe argue that Key or Owen King could have been ran out there when Mims was unproductive but the team is want it is. Maybe Dillion could have played a few more minutes but those are the only options that they had.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I think we just have to realize what shape TJ left the program in. Our best player, in this game, was a recruit that Hendo brought in after Jenkins JR and Grille jumped ship. Dentlinger had a good season but he struggled in this game. Only Noah and Arians played an above average and great game.
                            You could maybe argue that Key or Owen King could have been ran out there when Mims was unproductive but the team is want it is. Maybe Dillion could have played a few more minutes but those are the only options that they had.
                            I get what you are saying and don't completely disagree, but TJ also had Wilson committed. He also had Grille committed which was a pretty widely-considered great recruit. In hindsight of course he should've been recruiting Freidel all along, but I don't think it's fair to say he left the cupboard completely bare. Having said that, I'm glad things worked out the way they did since Hendo is the coach and the roster seems to be in pretty good shape for the forseeable future.

Thinking back on Saturday, I think the reason the loss stung so bad was the way the final 14 seconds unfolded. It was so shocking to not give the foul and then not get a good look to attempt a tie that the loss seemed to be as bad as last year. After giving it more time, we went in with a badly timed injury and a really young roster that was probably ahead of schedule. It's going to be hard to wait for next season to start because this team could be crazy good next year.

Finally, does anyone else feel like we were robbed of getting to see a last second shot by Freidel? With the game he had that could have been a legendary finish.

Comment

• Alou Dillon transferring per his Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X