GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mastodons @ Denny Sanford Premier Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    I tried to let some time pass since last night but my emotions are still the same today. Brandon Key sitting on the bench during the game looked very disinterested in things and him standing there and not fouling was perplexing. Freidel's effort was incredible and seeing nobody else join him at that level was too bad.

Overall, I have a sour taste in my mouth from this entire year of Jackrabbit sports - we've lost to our rivals really in every major sport. Surpassed expectations in some ways but overall, it's been a disappointing year. Unfortunately, injuries seemed to really change our year more than anything else and that is out of anyone's control. I'm as faithful as any and will stick with our teams through thick and thin but the general trajectory this year was disheartening.
    I’m not sure how anyone can have a sour taste from our MBB season. Considering where we were 11 months ago to today.....I don’t think even the most biased Jack fan would have predicted we would have split a conference title.

You can call these excuses but we started three freshman and two sophomores last night and we played without the best player in the league. We should have won and if it was a series we probably do, but it’s one game. Sometimes the ball just doesn’t bounce your way.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I’m not sure how anyone can have a sour taste from our MBB season. Considering where we were 11 months ago to today.....I don’t think even the most biased Jack fan would have predicted we would have split a conference title.

You can call these excuses but we started three freshman and two sophomores last night and we played without the best player in the league. We should have won and if it was a series we probably do, but it’s one game. Sometimes the ball just doesn’t bounce your way.
      The MBB season as a whole was a bright spot on the year for us, it really was. It's the fact that we lost a lot of big games in multiple sports throughout the year and watched USD and NDSU have a lot of success. If we want to fix attendance and build our fan base, capturing those major games and big titles are key. I get we lost a lot of talent last year in multiple sports but it felt like we could have had a more successful year regardless. Maybe Justin Sell can announce the Frost renovation is happening finally/soon and cheer us all up ha.

Comment

That starting lineup had a total of 34 minutes of Summit tourney experience, and Arians had 33 of those. And other than Key, no experience off the bench. I know that it is an extremely Jacks favorable environment, but that can create pressures in itself. Compare those minutes to NDSU or even USD and most of the other teams in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post

It is very discouraging to spend the $$$ for All Tournament tickets and the stay and see us do worse than when we first joined the conference all those years ago.
          If you're looking to sell any future years' passes, let me know. I'm buying.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

If you're looking to sell any future years' passes, let me know. I'm buying.
            Pretty sure the Tournament isn't sold out. Buy away.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post

The crowd was really good as far as attendance, but I actually thought it could've been louder given how many Jacks fans were in the building. There were a lot of opportunities for the place to get loud and a lot of fans were sitting. One time specifically in the 2nd half we made a mini run that made PFW take a timeout and the place should've been rocking and it was quiet. I just wish it would be as loud the first 30 minutes as it is the last 10.
              The team never really gave us the back to back plays to keep the noise going except before the time out. Just sayin'

Comment

If people are thinking of not renewing their seats, hopefully they would sell them to Jack fans. I have 6 tickets that i renew every 2 years but sell 4 to other Jack fans. If they dont want theirs renewed next time, i will still buy those and fine other jack fans to buy them. Id rather they were empty than take a chance of someone in red sitting in those seats

Comment

Easy. We were predicted at the beginning of the season as a #5. We proved we were better by winning the regular season and than we lost to #7 in the Tournament. The Tournament for a Mid-major League is almost everything.

Think about this. In your opinion which was the better season. This season or the one when we beat USD on a last second shot and went on to win the Tournament.

if you don't have a bad taste in your mouth on a first round loss you need to raise your expectations. We are SDSU.

Comment

First - Hendo taking responsibility for the last play. Did you expect anything different. Class guy through and through.

Second - Key being disinterested and unengaged is on him. He spent most of H2 moping.

Third - The assistant coaches should have been communicating with him down the stretch. “Be prepared, we might go offense/defense”. Keeping him engaged.

You could see it. The coaches made the decision to sub him in. He wasn’t ready, prepared or expecting it. By the time he checked in and got back to the huddle he probably missed most of the instructions to the team.

it should not have come to this. Two guys had 75% of the teams points. No balance, nothing to note of inside scoring and their perimeter defense was poor. Arians makes too many jump passes a lot that lead to TOs.

Started 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores. POY returning as well. Future is bright.

Comment

• Good season overall with expectations exceeded. We have everyone returning from the best team in the league IMO(with Wilson obviously). Conference POY is back. The next Jackrabbit superstar in the making returns for 3 more years after proving he will play his best in the biggest moments. Multiple freshman showing significant upside. An impressive rookie head coach. The best teams in the league are senior heavy as well.

Last night sucked. I'm as depressed as anyone about it. Anyone who watched Wilson ginelrgly walk around in warmups could see he wasn't playing later this week in addition to last night. Us beating USD and NDSU two nights in a row without the conference POY was a long shot at best. Losing to USD on Monday would have been equally or more depressing. Bad luck but it is what it is.

Once the emotion wears off we will see this season for what it was - a success.

Comment

• I’ll leave the negatives we’re all feeling aside.

On a high note, last night it occurred to me how similar Friedel’s game is to Jon Konchar’s. Maybe someone said that above, I skipped over the posts. Anyway, last big hit it was like watching Konchar 2.0. John completely took over a game like that in Sioux Falls just a year ago. They both can slash, dunk and shoot from anywhere on the floor and both have a high octane motor that helped with defense and rebounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakeJack View Post

The team never really gave us the back to back plays to keep the noise going except before the time out. Just sayin'
                          So we are a crowd of frontrunners? Is that was you are saying? Because great fan bases don't need the team to get them going, they get the team going.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue? View Post

So we are a crowd of frontrunners? Is that was you are saying? Because great fan bases don't need the team to get them going, they get the team going.
                            Cool story Bro

Comment

• Originally posted by LakeJack View Post

Cool story Bro
                              Tell me why I'm wrong. You agree it's the team's responsibility to get the crowd fired up and not the reverse?

I'm really not trying to stir anything up.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue? View Post

Tell me why I'm wrong. You agree it's the team's responsibility to get the crowd fired up and not the reverse?

I'm really not trying to stir anything up.
                                I'm sure you are wrong a lot and I don't have time to hold your hand all the time. Please help me understand your current stupidity, and provide us with your "Great Fan bases" that doesn't need good play or winning to get fired up.

And I'm throwing the BS flag you are trying to stir things up.

Comment

Working...
                                X