Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(11-2) vs UND Fighting Hawks(6-6) @ Betty Engelstad Sioux Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(11-2) vs UND Fighting Hawks(6-6) @ Betty Engelstad Sioux Center

It is Dakota night in the Summit as SDSU travels to Grand Forks. FHawks are 7-2 at home with losses to Omaha and USD. A road win for the Jackrabbits would keep them in a great position with 2 road losses going into Fargo next week to finish the conference year. Coach Sather has done a good job for UND, but the coaching staff in Brookings has done a great job putting together a competitive team with this young group. Hopefully we will see a strong first half tonight from the Jackrabbits to encourage the FHawk fans to leave early. UND has some experience and talent which beat Nebraska on the road and ORU at the Betty, but they have generally struggled against the top half of the Summit. 40 minutes of strong play by the Jackrabbits should provide a road win. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+ 7pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Hopefully Hendo has the team dialed in tonight because this is a classic "trap game" if there ever was one. A young team hearing more and more about how great they are going on the road for what might feel like a formality standing in the way of two HUGE rivalry games. Will it be a business-like win or a costly "teaching moment"?

A win tonight produces one of two very good results:

- If NDSU wins at USD, we lock in a top-2 seed.
    -If USD wins we are in first place alone with an ORU tiebreaker that becomes more likely to come into play over either USD or NDSU.

Comment

Hopefully the young guys remember the tournament debacle last year for every game going forward.... anyone can beat anybody on any given day.

Comment

This is definitely going to be a tough test. UND is better than several teams in the league, especially at home.

That said, the Jacks have the personnel to beat them, but they will have to execute well to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Hopefully Hendo has the team dialed in tonight because this is a classic "trap game" if there ever was one. A young team hearing more and more about how great they are going on the road for what might feel like a formality standing in the way of two HUGE rivalry games. Will it be a business-like win or a costly "teaching moment"?

A win tonight produces one of two very good results:

- If NDSU wins at USD, we lock in a top-2 seed.
          -If USD wins we are in first place alone with an ORU tiebreaker that becomes more likely to come into play over either USD or NDSU.
          Completely agree. Huge potential to get stung by a better than average team on the road due to looking forward to the next two on the schedule. They are well coached and I was impressed with both Stewart and Rebraca when we played them at Frost so they could easily pull the upset, especially if we have a first half like the previous two.

Is anyone willing to admit they are pulling for the Yotes tonight? If they beat the Bison and we take care of business tonight and Sunday I believe it would lock down the #1 seed regardless of what happens next Thursday. I may be wrong on that and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am!

Comment

I think unam going for ndsu. Would like to see usd with another loss.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I am going for whatever result will be keep NDSU and USD in the 2 vs 3 slot for Monday in Sioux Falls. Let them battle each other because there is a clear separation between the top 3 and the rest of the league.

Comment

We need to not suck in the first half. If we have a decent start we are crazy good.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I’m pulling for USD. If that happens and we win tonight and Saturday the #1 seed is locked up. If USD loses we almost certainly will need a win in Fargo to get the 1. A game against senior laden NDSU on the road for a conference title sounds tough.

Comment

Great offense first half. Defense could use some work. Both teams shooting over 50% but jacks are winning the rebounds so that is the main difference. I think we pull away in the second half as our defense fixes some of its issues at half

Comment

Having Dentlinger on the floor will help.I wouldn't mind seeing Dillon, need Wilson to shut down Walter. He is keeping them in the game with his 3's.

Comment

7 of 12 from deep for UND is keeping them in it.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          7 of 12 from deep for UND is keeping them in it.
                          4 of them were from Walter, that's why I said what I said.

Dentlnger with some dumb offensive fouls, Rabraca is a good flopper, so is Stewart.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

4 of them were from Walter, that's why I said what I said.

Dentlnger with some dumb offensive fouls, Rabraca is a good flopper, so is Stewart.
                            He hit 5.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

He hit 5.
                              Even worse than I thought, he has barely hit rim on his last few. Great defense by Wilson tonight, huge trap and turnover on Stewart.

Comment

Working...
                              X