Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs Denver @ Frost Arena(Military Appreciation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs Denver @ Frost Arena(Military Appreciation)

Friday night game in the Summit. I hope we do not have any odd things tonight as the WBB had yesterday. The men's team should not lack energy or desire as they are pushing for a #1 seed in the SLT. Hendo has the 9-2 Jackrabbits tied with NDSU for the lead. The game in Denver had 5 Jackrabbits in double figures with Wilson at 31. Denver was also 1-20 from deep. This should keep the Pioneers in the cellar and the home winning streak extended. Go Jacks!!

Jackrabbit All Access/WNAX
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Denver played the post straight up last time wonder if they'll do the same.

Comment

Wilson's going to score 40 if that kid stays on him all night.

Comment

Jacks are going to have a hard time if they don't start hustling more. Denver dominating the glass. It's bad.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Worst half in weeks. Down 3 to a pretty bad team.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Are we over looking Denver again for another game coming up? Wilson needs to stay out of foul trouble. I'd they go at wilson we will have to help so he does t sit for half the game if foul trouble. Got home from work and got the game on and seemed like we are giving up a lot of offensive rebounds.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Just about posted at halftime that the way Freidel had played in the last game and a half, that he may have hit the freshman wall. Sure glad I held off on that one. He has played a ton of minutes, but just keeps plugging away.. Wouldn't have won this one though without Mims and Scheierman.

Comment

Not a great first half but Denver didn't play like a one win team either. Still ended up scoring 90 somehow. The freshmen case up huge in the 2nd half.

Comment

Judging from the radio broadcast, the home crowd deserved an assist for this victory. Nice going, Jacks' fans!
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Jacks win 90-78 but give up 42 points to guard Ade Murkey. Denver could be a dangerous team if they somehow win a couple of games in the next two weeks and squeak into the Summit tourney.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

The first 30 minutes were a little reminiscent of the women’s debacle of a Denver game, but the men snapped out of it with plenty of time to spare.

I like these two diverse stat lines - both these guys really went to work in crunch time.

Friedel: 16 pts, 8 assists and 7 rebounds.

Scheierman: 6 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds and 3 steals (in 15 minutes).

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        The first 30 minutes were a little reminiscent of the women’s debacle of a Denver game, but the men snapped out of it with plenty of time to spare.

I like these two diverse stat lines - both these guys really went to work in crunch time.

Friedel: 16 pts, 8 assists and 7 rebounds.

Scheierman: 6 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds and 3 steals (in 15 minutes).
                        What I noticed was the comeback pretty much directly coincided with them eliminating the negative rebound margin too.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

What I noticed was the comeback pretty much directly coincided with them eliminating the negative rebound margin too.
                          Watching the game as best I could, rebounding obviously helped, but in the first half, we matched Denver for effort level and Wilson being on the bench with fouls didn't help. Also we had several bad shot attempts in the first half, but had several really good looks inside and out that just didn't fall like normal, so if those drop in by dentlinger that I can think of, we probably have 40 in the first half or more. 2nd half we were playing more effort and energy. I don't worry to much about Denver unless Murkey figures out how to score 40 every night. His shot was locked in for sure. If he doesn't score lights out, we probably win by 35. he made some late 3s to keep the score seem closer then it probably was in the 2nd half.

The key to this team. Keep Wilson on the floor out of foul trouble, have more effort and energy then the other team which leads to the rebounding numbers, finally ball movement on offense. When we have ball and player movement, the offense really works at a high level.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Watching the game as best I could, rebounding obviously helped, but in the first half, we matched Denver for effort level and Wilson being on the bench with fouls didn't help. Also we had several bad shot attempts in the first half, but had several really good looks inside and out that just didn't fall like normal, so if those drop in by dentlinger that I can think of, we probably have 40 in the first half or more. 2nd half we were playing more effort and energy. I don't worry to much about Denver unless Murkey figures out how to score 40 every night. His shot was locked in for sure. If he doesn't score lights out, we probably win by 35. he made some late 3s to keep the score seem closer then it probably was in the 2nd half.

The key to this team. Keep Wilson on the floor out of foul trouble, have more effort and energy then the other team which leads to the rebounding numbers, finally ball movement on offense. When we have ball and player movement, the offense really works at a high level.
                            Murkey was something, if they had another who could match his scoring, the Pioneers are SL champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Murkey was something, if they had another who could match his scoring, the Pioneers are SL champions.
                              Murkey is second leading scorer for Denver on the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X