No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits (8-2) vs Mavericks(5-4) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the public address announcer. More energy!

Comment

You are kidding right? JT is the best. DeBeer is ok when JT is at Guards

Comment

I agree with Lakejack. Couldnt understand what he was saying half the time.

Comment

No I'm not kidding. Didn't realize how bad JT was until we got somebody who actually acts like they enjoy being there.

Comment

Was Zimmer at Guards too?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Was Zimmer at Guards too?
              Who were doing the postgame interviews? It seemed there was a woman and a man. I did not pick up other voices.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                You are kidding right? JT is the best. DeBeer is ok when JT is at Guards
                I also agree with LakeJack. JT does a great job. The guy last night did a nice job but JT is the guy.

Getting back to the focus of this thread (the game). I was impressed watching Freidel last night. In the first game against Omaha in Omaha, Freidel was instrumental in keeping us in the game --he played 39 minutes and scored 28 points. Yes, I know we lost by 3 but Freidel was keeping us in position to win. Yesterday, Omaha clamped down on Freidel early but he kept working his tail off on defense. He finally got loose near the end of the game and finished with five points. 32 minutes in the game yesterday and only 5 points in the box score but another outstanding effort for his teammates.

I'm really liking this team.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I also agree with LakeJack. JT does a great job. The guy last night did a nice job but JT is the guy.

Getting back to the focus of this thread (the game). I was impressed watching Freidel last night. In the first game against Omaha in Omaha, Freidel was instrumental in keeping us in the game --he played 39 minutes and scored 28 points. Yes, I know we lost by 3 but Freidel was keeping us in position to win. Yesterday, Omaha clamped down on Freidel early but he kept working his tail off on defense. He finally got loose near the end of the game and finished with five points. 32 minutes in the game yesterday and only 5 points in the box score but another outstanding effort for his teammates.

I'm really liking this team.
                  This is what makes this team great. Omaha obviously had a game plan of shutting down a player, but the Jacks are unselfish and find someone else to get the points. They don't have to rely on one guy to be the threat when any guy can do it on any given night. That makes playing the Jacks really difficult; hard to plan when you don't know who to try and shut down.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Henderson is showing himself to be a great coach. Doing a really nice job of getting the guys to play tough defense, but still be strong on offense like the Otzelberger days.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                      Henderson is showing himself to be a great coach. Doing a really nice job of getting the guys to play tough defense, but still be strong on offense like the Otzelberger days.
                      Hendo is likely in the early favorites for COY in the Summit. The offense he has on the floor is totally different than the Otz sending Mike Daum and DJJ out to get their shots.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Hendo is likely in the early favorites for COY in the Summit. The offense he has on the floor is totally different than the Otz sending Mike Daum and DJJ out to get their shots.
                        Honestly it feels like a Nagy team. Good defense play inside to work the ball out for good shooters. That was nagys thing for a long time. Especially during his D-2 days as a coach.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I'd say he's a sure thing as long as we don't finish outside the top 3. USD and NDSU are loaded with some talented seniors and (except for our party crashing) are right where everyone expected them to be in the standings.

You guys are right about the unselfish nature of this team. A person would have to look pretty hard to find many "hero ball" threes in the last several games. A guy like Friedel is obviously hyper-competitive, yet he's able to sit back and let others do the scoring when that is best for the team. I'm as impressed by that as anything - especially coming from a freshman that knows he can light it up. It seems like we have several of those type of guys. Hendo is sitting on a gold mine if players stick around the 2-3 years.

Comment

These guys are playing really well together, as a team - defense, rebounding, and sharing the ball. I can't help but wonder if Jenkins and Otz moving on ended up being positives for this years results. A volume scorer who needs to get his shots and is a negative on the 3 components above changes the make up of a team. A culture has been created where everyone gives huge effort in all facets of the game and not just with the ball in your hand. I have a feeling offensively guys would be doing more watching of Jenkins rather than stepping up when its your night given what the defense provides or flow of the game. Fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                              These guys are playing really well together, as a team - defense, rebounding, and sharing the ball. I can't help but wonder if Jenkins and Otz moving on ended up being positives for this years results. A volume scorer who needs to get his shots and is a negative on the 3 components above changes the make up of a team. A culture has been created where everyone gives huge effort in all facets of the game and not just with the ball in your hand. I have a feeling offensively guys would be doing more watching of Jenkins rather than stepping up when its your night given what the defense provides or flow of the game. Fun to watch.
                              Having a guy like Daum is wonderful and on top of that he was a great teammate but you then get other guys looking at him saying why not me?

I truly believe teams take on the personality of the coach/leader ... you cannot help but see how genuine, positive and upbeat Hendo is ... that rubs off especially on a team with such young players.

Comment

.http://www.statsbywill.com/2020/02/1...-of-2019-20/2/ Fun read. Most interesting stat - SDSU ranks 341st out of 353 D1 schools in terms of experience. Makes one excited for what is yet to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X