No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Leathernecks @ Western Hall 7pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we just look at the stats for the 2nd half, there were twice as many shots taken by WIU 38 shots to 19. WIU made 7 more field goals. The Jackrabbits had 12 turnovers while the Leathernecks had 1. Overall, SDSU shot 52% and grabbed 16 more boards which made the first half a darn good half of basketball following a trip from Tulsa which gave SDSU a second road win in 4 days. It was an ugly 2nd half which WIU played an aggressive paint defense. There is a week of practice before Omaha comes to Brookings.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      If we just look at the stats for the 2nd half, there were twice as many shots taken by WIU 38 shots to 19. WIU made 7 more field goals. The Jackrabbits had 12 turnovers while the Leathernecks had 1. Overall, SDSU shot 52% and grabbed 16 more boards which made the first half a darn good half of basketball following a trip from Tulsa which gave SDSU a second road win in 4 days. It was an ugly 2nd half which WIU played an aggressive paint defense. There is a week of practice before Omaha comes to Brookings.
      The WIU Fg percentage was about 36 to 37% for both games this year. WIU is not a good shooting team or our defense is good excluding second half of last night. I like where we are at. Hendo is doing great as head coach .
      Last edited by Nidaros; 02-02-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I am glad I read this because if not for descriptions of the up and down in the game with 20 point lead and getting it cut down to a single point, I would have just checked the score and stats and thought descent road win.
        Don't get ne wrong, it is still a descent road win. I still just dwell in the fact that this team is far from perfect, but they are far ahead of where I thought the would be at this point in the season. It will all come down of course to what kind of tournament team the Jack's will be, and we won't know that until we show up at The Denny in March.
        For now, it does warm my heart every time I look at the Summit League standings and see SDSU at the top.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

The WIU Fg percentage was about 36 to 37% for both games this year. WIU is not a good shooting team or our defense is good excluding second half of last night. I like where we are at. Hendo is doing great as head coach .
          I don't think this can be understated. Yet another great hire by Justin Sell. Hopefully Coach Henderson sticks around.

​​​​Wish I knew what Hendo was "making the refs aware of" late in game while Jacks were in timeout

Comment

Did this game make SVP’s Bad Beats list last night? The Jacks were giving 9.5 and WIU fouled the Jacks several times late including the last one with under two seconds on the clock. Dentlinger stepped up and knocked them down. They cover. Those that had a rooting interest in WIU could not have been happy.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Since this will be my only live attendance of the year.

1st ten minutes-- Meh, WIU hanging around a bit.
              2nd ten minutes-- Explosive-- got an 18 year old team-- like that.
              Begin second half-- WTF-- Went to a fist fight and a basketball game broke. Only see a one to three Jacks games a year but the only thing live that I've seen that approached this was the SLU game ('14 maybe).
              End-- Got some points back, but still kind of backed into it.

Looking forward to seeing (hopefully) three games next year: Kansas City, Omaha and back to Macomb. I've long dissed this program but I'll give the Leathernecks some pluses for being scrappers. Seeing some crowd reaction was a plus, first time in twelve years of going there. The bones of Western Hall aren't that bad, just need to spend a few bucks cleaning it up. Hopefully there won't be a repeat of last year's loss in Sioux Falls. This is a team that can (kind of) get up.

Resolution-- I will not make fun of this program until at least 2021.

Comment

771 in attendance plus our very own Grizzled Jack.

Watching the last 10 minutes on my phone, had to have half of those fans in front of the camera. when WIU got rolling, those fans started obstructing the camera view. Maybe it was better that I didn’t see some of that action.

Still have a hard time believing that we’re in 1st place with a nearly total reload.

Comment

Watching the last 10 minutes on my phone, had to have half of those fans in front of the camera. when WIU got rolling, those fans started obstructing the camera view. Maybe it was better that I didn’t see some of that action.

Still have a hard time believing that we’re in 1st place with a nearly total reload.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

I can't figure out why in the hell you'd position the main action camera anywhere where people could possibly stand up in front of it. Failure by the production team there.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I can't figure out why in the hell you'd position the main action camera anywhere where people could possibly stand up in front of it. Failure by the production team there.
                      They aren't used to people standing during their games? (It's never happened before!)

I'll give Western credit... they came out and played much more aggressively the 2nd half. They attacked the paint better on offense, and their defense picked up as well.

Jackrabbits... probably just fell into a little complacency. Got up by 20, in the 1st half, on the road... it's human nature to let up a little.

It was good to see them respond to the challenge, would have been easy to let that one slip away.

For as poorly as their team has played... they have some good players. Webster is good, Pyle is good.

If they would happen to change coaches in the coming year, I would not be averse to Pyle joining the Jackrabbits... if he wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

That was incredibly irritating. Granted it seems they have a student run production, someone should have thought to build a riser or platform to set the main camera on.

Comment

There was actually a fair turnout of Jacks fans including some black folks that I assumed were Doug Wilson's extended family-- should have turned around and asked. Last season's game had only Alex Arien's family and Katie Falco who I didn't notice (hadn't attended a Lindenwood women's game at that point) but whom I found I must have been sitting next to after talking to her. Any way, I now hope WIU stays in the conference, and that Billy can turn it around, etc. Saw a glimmer of fight in 'em for the first time since Molinari left. And they should be complimented in actually having a fan board, even if only three people post to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X