GDT: Jackrabbits(5-2) vs Bison(4-1) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(5-2) vs Bison(4-1) @ Frost Arena

Or denfwnse struggles when they went iso in the second half. We should have double teamed imho to get the ball out of their hands since they were getting mismatches they wanted like ward on schierman or friedel. Schierman is to slow and fridel is to short. But team hung on to be the most experienced team in the conference. Winning up there wont be easy.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Maybe his knee didn't respond very well after playing on Sunday.
      Henderson said pregame that the brace is bothering him and that he’s gotta get past that.

You could tell Sunday as usd he was bothered by it.

Comment

It's exciting when you realize that Matt Dentlinger has two plus seasons of eligibility left. I can't recall a Jack that has made so much improvement from one season to the next.

Comment

the crowd and atmosphere was electric i thought, it has to give the guys such a big boost when we pack the seats and are loud. Mims has been a great surprise as others have mentioned, really looking forward to watching him continue to progress and get big minutes

Comment

The player development throughout this year has been incredible IMO. The confidence, skill set, intelligence, and understanding of roles/strengths has improved significantly for nearly everyone the roster. You hope for that with a young team but development is FAR from a given. Credit to the coaching staff.

Comment

It's exciting when you realize that Matt Dentlinger has two plus seasons of eligibility left. I can't recall a Jack that has made so much improvement from one season to the next.
              The player that comes to mind as I watch Dentlinger the past 5 or 6 games is Marshall Bjorklund. Get him the ball within 8' of the basket and odds are he is going to be crafty enough to score - typically using footwork more than power or quickness.

I also want to join the chorus praising Arians. He's about as low-key of a player as you'll find but it's becoming clearer all the time that he's the guy holding things together. Among plenty of other things, the zero turnovers in 39 minutes stat really sticks out from last night. Again, we played without a single minute from a senior last night, but he played like one. Like most of this team, Arians and Dentlinger are just beginning to figure out how good they can be.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                You think height mismatch has any influence?
                No. Key didn't look good at Vermilion IMO and NDSU's guards, talent wise, are significantly better than USD's. He would have been a Liability out there last night. Overall, we can nitpick 2nd Half Defense, but the boys played one hecka game last night. Raced out to a big lead by pounding the ball inside and getting NDSU in Foul Trouble which in turn hurt them offensively in the first half. Dent & Doug are such a dynamic low post Duo! Arians is such a great example of how big you can impact a game without scoring. You see it a lot when a kid struggles shooting, the rest of their game goes to the dumpster, but Alex scrapped away and almost gets a Triple Double while hitting crucial free-throws. Lastly, the emergence of Matt Mims has been exciting. He's gaining confidence in his 3pt Jumper, plays terrific perimeter defense, and hit the most important FT's of the season so far. Great crowd, battle for the conference lead, playing your biggest rival all during your Freshman Year, and he knocks down Front Ends of 1&1's, huge!!!

Comment

I'll echo the crowd, Great Win... Great atmosphere.

The Crazy thing is... they played 8 guys last night. 4 of them were freshmen. (2 RS and 2 True)
                  And Dillon played about 4 minutes... so they Mostly played 7 guys... NO Seniors, and 4 Freshmen. And they beat a veteran squad that is really good.

Not saying the Jackrabbits will win the conference, or have any clue how the conference tournament will go, but this team has been a joy to watch.

Comment

A lot of credit should go to Justin Sell for the almost immediate hiring of Hendo. Not only was he able to keep the team and recruits coming in but has this team playing very well with still some very real upside.

It is crazy to think that this team is playing this well with such a young lineup. We start two juniors, a sophomore, and two freshmen. There were several times when we had Arians (junior) and four freshmen on the floor last night.

Maybe a thank you to UNLV is in order as well.

The future of SDSU MBB is really bright.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Ariens is a sophomore SB...you are right, however, the future is bright! We have two juniors in Wilson and Buchanan. Was great to have Doug back last night...his presence is huge!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        A lot of credit should go to Justin Sell for the almost immediate hiring of Hendo. Not only was he able to keep the team and recruits coming in but has this team playing very well with still some very real upside.

It is crazy to think that this team is playing this well with such a young lineup. We start two juniors, a sophomore, and two freshmen. There were several times when we had Arians (junior) and four freshmen on the floor last night.

Maybe a thank you to UNLV is in order as well.

The future of SDSU MBB is really bright.

SUPERBUNNY
                        It gets even more exciting when you look at the NDSU, USD, ORU and Omaha rosters and realize how many good seniors that those teams will lose next year. The Jacks are set up to have a good run for a few years. If they can add another really good player or two with the scholarships they have available, things could really get interesting.

Comment

It gets even more exciting when you look at the NDSU, USD, ORU and Omaha rosters and realize how many good seniors that those teams will lose next year. The Jacks are set up to have a good run for a few years. If they can add another really good player or two with the scholarships they have available, things could really get interesting.
                          Usd loses basically everyone but umuede and ndsu losses a good amount. Frankly I am glad deng geu transferred. He is the x factor that ndsu probably needed to work the post. He was long quick Nd athletic would have been trouble for wilson and dent. I dont want to overlook this year bit at halfway point in conference we are at worst tied for first place with probably the youngest or second youngest team in the conference.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Usd loses basically everyone but umuede and ndsu losses a good amount. Frankly I am glad deng geu transferred. He is the x factor that ndsu probably needed to work the post. He was long quick Nd athletic would have been trouble for wilson and dent. I dont want to overlook this year bit at halfway point in conference we are at worst tied for first place with probably the youngest or second youngest team in the conference.
                            Not trying to be confrontational but who would be the other team you consider to be the "youngest" in the SL? I'm asking here because I'm too lazy to do the research and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Game last night was as fun as I've seen in Frost for a while. Both teams throwing haymakers at each other and both responding. Thankfully we came out on top and weathered NDSU's many runs.

If this team can figure out things on D and be more consistent, look out!!!!!!!

Congrats to Hendo and staff for getting this team to where they are at already!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Not trying to be confrontational but who would be the other team you consider to be the "youngest" in the SL? I'm asking here because I'm too lazy to do the research and I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Game last night was as fun as I've seen in Frost for a while. Both teams throwing haymakers at each other and both responding. Thankfully we came out on top and weathered NDSU's many runs.

If this team can figure out things on D and be more consistent, look out!!!!!!!

Congrats to Hendo and staff for getting this team to where they are at already!
                              I think Denver is pretty young also. not sure if they have any upperclassman at all.

Consistent Defense and how to run the offense with out Wilson and or Dent out there. going to ORU and NDSU I worry about and maybe at UND but the only home game I worry about is Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Geu was a shot blocker, but he was a ball stopper on the offensive end. Their team was better as his minutes declined because he no longer plugged up the middle and it created driving lanes for Shahid and Ward....in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X