Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Friedel reminds me of that point guard USD had a while back. Kid was from West Central...Josh somethingorother. I hated that kid, but man did I want him on my team. I think his Dad was the football coach and basketball coach.
    Yeah, he's got a little Josh Mueller in him but he doesn't take it that far. Noah didn't take a senior picture which just a basketball covering his private area like Josh did. Once Josh did that, we were done recruiting him under the Nagy regime. And if Noah did or does something similar, he can go find somewhere else to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
      Owen King seems to be the forgotten man on the roster. It appears that he has now fallen behind Mims on the depth chart. If I recall correctly, his brother has committed to SDSU as well. I wonder if Owen's lack of playing time this season will affect his brother's commitment to SDSU?
      According to a tweet just posted by Minnesota recruiting expert Ryan James, Noah King is withdrawing his commitment to SDSU and reopening his recruitment. He signed in the early signing period, so he will need to get a release.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        I don't know what the deal is with Owen King. He seems to have a lot of athletic talent, though he might not be well suited to play the point against tough defensive teams. As I recall from last season, he tended to turn the ball over quite a lot. Maybe he's hurt. I don't know. Regardless, filling in at a critical ball-handling position is probably more of a Mims thing, at least for now. Hopefully Brandon Key can return to action soon and give the top six some needed depth.
        His brother, Noah, just decomitted from SDSU so I wonder if Owen is transferring
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          He's got issues off the court - that's been the talk since before he was even a Jackrabbit. He's already been suspended for the first half of a recent game by the current coaching staff for "disciplinary issues". So no doubt they are trying to get a handle on it and I'm confident they will. Last night he was complaining to the ref about some non-call and you could tell his teammates and coaches were making an extra effort to calm him down and get him to the bench. That was a sign to me as well.

He's a really confident kid who has that "you aren't going to like me swagger". Not a bad thing to have as long as you can keep it under control and not get yourself in trouble on or off the court.

Time will tell.
          The video on twitter of Noah betting someone he will drop 40 on USD his freshman year backs all this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I don't know what the deal is with Owen King. He seems to have a lot of athletic talent, though he might not be well suited to play the point against tough defensive teams. As I recall from last season, he tended to turn the ball over quite a lot. Maybe he's hurt. I don't know. Regardless, filling in at a critical ball-handling position is probably more of a Mims thing, at least for now. Hopefully Brandon Key can return to action soon and give the top six some needed depth.
            His brother just decommitted. Don’t think that’s a coincidence.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
              The video on twitter of Noah betting someone he will drop 40 on USD his freshman year backs all this up

I think people could be reading way more into the video than what is really there. I will give him benefit of the doubt until I see something that changes that. So far all I see is a highly competitive kid that hates to lose. That's not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                I think people could be reading way more into the video than what is really there. I will give him benefit of the doubt until I see something that changes that. So far all I see is a highly competitive kid that hates to lose. That's not a bad thing.
                Yeah the videos reeks of a swagger and confidence that opponents will hate for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                  He also is a kid that can absolutely drop 40 on a team. It isn't smart to post that kind of stuff, but I would rather have players that are confident in their abilities over someone that defers.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    He also is a kid that can absolutely drop 40 on a team. It isn't smart to post that kind of stuff, but I would rather have players that are confident in their abilities over someone that defers.
                    When you say he is a kid, that is exactly right. If I remember(vaguely) when I was 18, I may have done 1 or maybe 2 things not exactly mature. If there is someone that has not acted or spoken inappropriately, congratulations on your having parents who were nearly as perfect. Even the good parents have a moment that the child betrays them by doing or saying something a bit dumb or embarrassing. Now if this young man decides to do something illegal, that could involve consequences beyond breaking a team rule that landed him on the bench for 20 minutes. The equation of 18 year old banter to immoral behavior has turned down a crazy road.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      When you say he is a kid, that is exactly right. If I remember(vaguely) when I was 18, I may have done 1 or maybe 2 things not exactly mature. If there is someone that has not acted or spoken inappropriately, congratulations on your having parents who were nearly as perfect. Even the good parents have a moment that the child betrays them by doing or saying something a bit dumb or embarrassing. Now if this young man decides to do something illegal, that could involve consequences beyond breaking a team rule that landed him on the bench for 20 minutes. The equation of 18 year old banter to immoral behavior has turned down a crazy road.
                      I shudder to think what stupid videos there would have been of my friends and I if camera phones/social media were a thing back then.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Yeah, he's got a little Josh Mueller in him but he doesn't take it that far. Noah didn't take a senior picture which just a basketball covering his private area like Josh did. Once Josh did that, we were done recruiting him under the Nagy regime. And if Noah did or does something similar, he can go find somewhere else to play.
                        Oh Lord, I forgot about the trophy incident. I think there was even more to the story, but my mind is foggy so I'm not 100% sure if it is true or just rumor. I was comparing them on the court only. He is gritty and go, go, go all the time with the skills to back it up. You love him if he is on your team and hate him if he isn't.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Where is this video? I need to see it

Comment

Noah Freidel reminds me a lot of Tyler Herro

Comment

We could have one of the best Jackrabbits ever, by the time he is done, and we are trashing him? I could care less about a video that yote fans are showing. F$ck the U

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                I shudder to think what stupid videos there would have been of my friends and I if camera phones/social media were a thing back then.
                                Haha this is so true. Kids these days don’t get away with much.

Comment

Working...
                                X