Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mount Marty (Exhibition)

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Looks like some want to consolidate men's and women's basketball threads! That's not going to happen. For the convenience of the readers, how about trying to put info on women's basketball in the women's basketball section. I recognize there will be some cross-over talk from time to time.
    Rules Scmoolz!

(I actually think that's a wise idea)

Comment

Originally posted by uniftw View Post
      Good to see SDSU handle a team they should.

Seen far too many MVC team struggle, or lose, in their exhibitions.

I was a bit worried about SDSU after I heard the "results" of how the secret scrimmage between UNI and SDSU (and NDSU for that matter) played out

I'd like to see SDSU continue to be a high end MM program.
      I know this has nothing to do with Mount Marty but it is about mens basketball.

I find the talk about the UNI scrimmage interesting.
      UNI has 6 of their top 7 scorers back from last year (1- 15.1, 3- 7.7, T4- 7.6, T4- 7.6, 6- 7.4 and 7- 4.1). They were NOT a powerhouse last year but they have most of their players and coaches (I think) back.
      SDSU, on the other hand, has a coaching staff with new personal and coaches shifting. They only have 5 players back with DI playing time (6 if you want to count B. Brown) and Key sat out last year. When TJ came in, SDSU had several players back with more DI playing time than this roster except for 1 player and it took him about half of a season to get things rolling.
      I'm not saying this season will be all roses but this team was gutted and it will take time to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I know this has nothing to do with Mount Marty but it is about mens basketball.

I find the talk about the UNI scrimmage interesting.
        UNI has 6 of their top 7 scorers back from last year (1- 15.1, 3- 7.7, T4- 7.6, T4- 7.6, 6- 7.4 and 7- 4.1). They were NOT a powerhouse last year but they have most of their players and coaches (I think) back.
        SDSU, on the other hand, has a coaching staff with new personal and coaches shifting. They only have 5 players back with DI playing time (6 if you want to count B. Brown) and Key sat out last year. When TJ came in, SDSU had several players back with more DI playing time than this roster except for 1 player and it took him about half of a season to get things rolling.
        I'm not saying this season will be all roses but this team was gutted and it will take time to recover.
        And I enjoyed watching the Jacks absolutely destroy UNI last year in US Bank Stadium!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          And I enjoyed watching the Jacks absolutely destroy UNI last year in US Bank Stadium!
          That was a crushing experience. The Panthers in our seating area became very silent after the pregame confidence that night. 82-50 was the final for those who were not able to watch. The bison gave away their game to a not so good Drake in the first game.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Yet that same Jacks team lost to one of the worst teams in D1 basketball at the most crucial point of the season. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Yet that same Jacks team lost to one of the worst teams in D1 basketball at the most crucial point of the season. Ugh.
              That would be purple and gold or yellow of mcomb Illinois

Comment

Working...
              X