No announcement yet.

2020 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a nice little Saturday! Corneman might have some potential after a redshirt year. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Cornhusker PG Charlie Easley transferring to SDSU. Played in 28 games, started 4 as a freshman. Started as a walkon, but went on scholarship spring semester. Is a sit-one, play three, unless he gets a waiver, or if the immediately eligible rule takes effect.
      I'm sure he got his scholarship pulled with all the new players that Hoiberg brought in, hopefully he is good enough to use a scholly on. I trust the coaching staff that he is worthy of one.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

I'm sure he got his scholarship pulled with all the new players that Hoiberg brought in, hopefully he is good enough to use a scholly on. I trust the coaching staff that he is worthy of one.
        It may have been pulled, or he may have been told at the time that the scholarship was only for spring semester. If the NCAA would pass the one time transfer rule and make everyone eligible right away, Hoiberg is going to have to cut players. I think he has three transfers that he would have to make room for if that happens.

Comment

Still 1 scholly open at this point... Could balance with the senior class (Tray/Douglas) or keep eyes open for another sit transfer or Senior Grad transfer. Plenty of options.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

If you Google Charlie Easley, the stories seem to indicate that the spring scholarship was for the semester. Hoiberg had stated Charlie had earned that scholarship for the hustle, attitude, and results. Some of the tweets and stories also bring strong inference to scholarship in Brookings that was the pull away from his hometown Huskers.
            It should also be noted that Easley had those opportunities due to injuries to those ahead of him in the depth chart. There were new recruits that would likely jump ahead of him on the early line ups. He is a sleeper on the bench that made it shine with the gate opening.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If you look at the comment section on the articles, the Nebraska fans all loved him for his hustle and effort on defense. It seems like most of the pictures show him diving on the floor for a loose ball. That's a perfect kind of player to bring off the bench with the second unit to create energy for both the team and the crowd.

Comment

His high school senior 3put shooting stats seem pretty solid at first glance. Would like to see some high light videos.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I like both signings. I said in an earlier post or thread, that depth at PG was pretty thin. Well, both these signings put that to bed, although they will both probably be out this year.

Maybe looking to add another big? RN the bigs are Douglas, Matt, Luke and sometimes Baylor. (Who knows if Fiegen gets back to 100%? Sure pulling for the kid.

I guess, with both guys signed sitting...they could look at another "True" PG, bc Arians can play anywhere.

Who knows, find the best players out there Hendo!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Cornhusker PG Charlie Easley transferring to SDSU. Played in 28 games, started 4 as a freshman. Started as a walkon, but went on scholarship spring semester. Is a sit-one, play three, unless he gets a waiver, or if the immediately eligible rule takes effect.
                    National college bb writer Jeff Goodman has an article on the status of all the transfers, and lists Charlie Easley as having his waiver approved for playing this season. Didn't realize that the Jacks were even applying for one, but he should provide depth at PG.

Comment

Working...
                    X