Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Your welcome. You honestly think after playing his freshman year he is going to come back after getting no relevant playing time this year? His brother decommitting is the giveaway he will not be returning. I don't feel he does anything extraordinary.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I think the fact Owen's brother decommitted and he is not in the rotation is enough evidence he will be transferring.
    Hmmmm, not in the rotation logic. Ok, I am convinced now. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    I think the fact Owen's brother decommitted and he is not in the rotation is enough evidence he will be transferring.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    The speculation about Owen King may need to take a break unless there is more evidence than Noah King pulling his verbal. Unless there is more than speculation, it is a bit premature to have him on the transfer portal. He is still practicing with the team and he is in uniform on the bench during games. Situations in the past found neither of those criteria. Meanwhile Wrightsell was on the Jackrabbit radar in July according to the Verbal Commits that I found. He is also on other mid major radar as well which may swell to larger programs as he plays the season and gets more attention due to current play. They list him as combo SG & PG. He also has some great springs to get up in the air.

Leave a comment:

• blue?
    replied
    Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post

You are definitely taking things way out of context. My comments had nothing to do with our current back court and more to do with Wrightsell being a potential steal if we were able to land him. I think most would agree we could use more ball handlers and athleticism on the perimeter. As it stands there is no clear backup PG going forward. Plus the team consists of mostly Posts & Wings. Key Graduates, a lot of uncertainty with Owen's future, and his brother who's a guard de-committed. So it would be helpful to add another guard. Think a little before jumping all over someone's post that was simply a question about a recruit's interest in our program.
    First, eat a snickers and take a deep breath. I didn't jump all over your post and prefaced my comment right at the beginning that I may be reading more into things that you intended. If I did, I apologize.

Second, if you were talking specifically about the point guard I agree that depth at that position will be needed with Key's graduation and King's speculated-on transfer. You didn't say point guard, however, you said backcourt, which is typically referring to both guard positions, and sometimes even the 3 with today's guard heavy offenses.

Finally, I hope he's as good as you believe he is and he comes to Brookings. This year's team has been a great surprise and they should only be better next year. Adding two more good pieces to the mix could make next year's squad scary.

Leave a comment:

• MNJack3
    replied
    Originally posted by blue? View Post

Maybe I'm taking your comment out of context, but are you saying the current backcourt hasn't been formidable? I get wanting to add talent and if Wrightsell and Mfum can improve the team that's great, but it seems a bit disrespectful to the current guards who have us first place in the summit to say only with those 2 additions will we have a formidable backcourt.
    You are definitely taking things way out of context. My comments had nothing to do with our current back court and more to do with Wrightsell being a potential steal if we were able to land him. I think most would agree we could use more ball handlers and athleticism on the perimeter. As it stands there is no clear backup PG going forward. Plus the team consists of mostly Posts & Wings. Key Graduates, a lot of uncertainty with Owen's future, and his brother who's a guard de-committed. So it would be helpful to add another guard. Think a little before jumping all over someone's post that was simply a question about a recruit's interest in our program.

Leave a comment:

• blue?
    replied
    Anyone heard any updates on Latrell Wrightsell Jr? The more I read & see videos of this kid, he could be a game changer and create a formidable back court with Willie & Alex. Super athletic and described as a 3 & D guard in one write up. I don't think he's quite DJJ Impact but not far behind. His recruitment has picked up and bigger programs have called on him.
    Maybe I'm taking your comment out of context, but are you saying the current backcourt hasn't been formidable? I get wanting to add talent and if Wrightsell and Mfum can improve the team that's great, but it seems a bit disrespectful to the current guards who have us first place in the summit to say only with those 2 additions will we have a formidable backcourt.

Leave a comment:

• MNJack3
    replied
    Anyone heard any updates on Latrell Wrightsell Jr? The more I read & see videos of this kid, he could be a game changer and create a formidable back court with Willie & Alex. Super athletic and described as a 3 & D guard in one write up. I don't think he's quite DJJ Impact but not far behind. His recruitment has picked up and bigger programs have called on him.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    According to a tweet from the player himself, the Jacks have offered 6'7 PF Luke Appel from Kirkwood CC ( same JUCO as Douglas Wilson ). Also has offers from USD, Illinois State and Jacksonville.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied
    Re: 2020 Recruits

Did Hendo elaborate on why King de-committed? Interesting that Owen has stuck through it for a whole year. I would have figured he would transfer at Semester if he an Noah were thinking of playing together elsewhere.

As for Mfum, really excited that he was able to enroll early. Physically he looks ready but having a full semester and summer in the weight room will be great as well as knowing Hendo's system come next season.
    No he didn't elaborate. Just said something to the effect that King decided he wanted to play somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    The school he went to in TX was a prep school so I think kids come and go from those places a lot. Prep school is a fancy term used for "a school that pumps out athletes that makes their kids to go class a bare minimum amount of time". I have zero evidence for this but that's just my personal take on it.
    It was a prep school.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    I wonder what Mfum's HS coach thinks of him graduating and leaving during their season. Did he play the first semester for his HS team? I don't think I've ever heard of a kid graduating early for basketball. Football, yes, but not basketball. Is it common?
    The school he went to in TX was a prep school so I think kids come and go from those places a lot. Prep school is a fancy term used for "a school that pumps out athletes that makes their kids to go class a bare minimum amount of time". I have zero evidence for this but that's just my personal take on it.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Did Hendo elaborate on why King de-committed? Interesting that Owen has stuck through it for a whole year. I would have figured he would transfer at Semester if he an Noah were thinking of playing together elsewhere.

As for Mfum, really excited that he was able to enroll early. Physically he looks ready but having a full semester and summer in the weight room will be great as well as knowing Hendo's system come next season.
    I don't think Noah has committed elsewhere yet, so Owen wouldn't know where to transfer even if he does decide to leave.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

I wonder what Mfum's HS coach thinks of him graduating and leaving during their season. Did he play the first semester for his HS team? I don't think I've ever heard of a kid graduating early for basketball. Football, yes, but not basketball. Is it common?

Leave a comment:

• MNJack3
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    At the Staters Luncheon today, Coach said that Mfum graduated high school early so he could enroll at semester and then use this as his redshirt year.

Sounded excited about him as a player and said he adds some needed athleticism to the guard position. Said he is a combo guard that can do a lot of things, and he's been happy with how he's shown in practice.

Henderson also confirmed that King de-committed, and that he is excited about having another scholarship available to go shopping. Will be looking to add more athleticism again with that slot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X