GDT:Jackrabbits vs Pioneers @ Magness Arena on Super Bowl Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:Jackrabbits vs Pioneers @ Magness Arena on Super Bowl Sunday

The Jackrabbits are on the road vying for 8 wins in a row. The preseason pick of #3 Summit spot, the Pioneers have not suffered extreme injury. 3rd year Coach Billups has not found the combination for this talented squad. The team has been at the higher elevation for a couple days which may create the need for some extra minutes from the bench. The Jackrabbits are showing good strides as they have stayed at the top of the standings. No stumbling at the Mile High City and they should make 8 straight wins. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits vs Pioneers @ Magness Arena on Super Bowl Sunday

Story Links

About Denver
    • The Pioneers are averaging 69.5 points per game in 2018-19.
    • DU is shooting 44.6 percent from the field on the year.
    • Denver is hitting 3s at a good rate, ranking fourth in the Summit League in 3-point percentage at 38.6, 24th in the NCAA.
    • The Crimson and Gold are knocking down 7.7 3s per game.
    • The Pioneers are handing out 12.5 assists per game in 2018-19.
    • Senior Ronnie Harrell Jr. leads the team in scoring at 14.0 points per game, 10th highest in the Summit League.
    • Harrell Jr.'s four double-doubles this year are fifth most in the Summit League.
    • Fellow teammate Joe Rosga ranks close to Harrell in scoring, coming in a 12th in the league in scoring with a 13.2 average.
    • Rosga ranks first on the team in 3s made per game with a 2.6 average, also good for fourth in the Summit League.
    • Rosga has been more of a playmaker this year, ranking 11th in the Summit League in assists per game with a 2.6 average.
    • Rosga has also made his presence felt on the defensive end, ranking seventh in the Summit League in steals per game at a 1.2 average.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Jacks are fortunate to have the extra day between games considering their short bench. Hopefully Daum isn't needed to play 40 minutes for the third straight game.

Comment

Joe Rosga, for a brief moment in time during the 2016 SL tourney appeared to be the next Nate Wolters never quite lived up to that. After that 2016 season Denver fired Joe Scott and hired alum, Rodney Billups. Billups inherited a pretty nice roster and has since ran things into the ground.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          Joe Rosga, for a brief moment in time during the 2016 SL tourney appeared to be the next Nate Wolters never quite lived up to that. After that 2016 season Denver fired Joe Scott and hired alum, Rodney Billups. Billups inherited a pretty nice roster and has since ran things into the ground.
          Yeah I would have thought they would have been top half easily with the talent they had the last few years.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Yeah I would have thought they would have been top half easily with the talent they had the last few years.
            The initial year the Pioneers came to the Summit they were expected to compete for the SLT. Many of the years since have also had similar expectations including 2018-19. The WBB at Denver has made more noise the past 2 seasons.

Comment

Tyler has indicated that the early crowd at Magness is slight advantage for Jackrabbits for attendees.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Tyler has indicated that the early crowd at Magness is slight advantage for Jackrabbits for attendees.
                It does look like a nice section of blue behind the bench, plus scattered along the sideline. Nice.

That’s a sharp looking court too. Hopefully we’ll be upgrading ours with the Frost renovations.

Comment

The broadcast has to have the loudest mics on the rims I've ever heard.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Denver annoys me. Their fans were obnoxious about how they'd dominate the league when they came in. They're also one of the only schools (maybe the only one) with no relationship with ESPN or ESPN+ so you have to pay to see them. It just feels like they're only halfway part of the league. So I'm perfectly OK with repeated failure in Denver.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

On Direct 681.

Comment

Pfeifer with two offensive foul calls on Daum late in the half, next time I go to White River I better take more cash.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd View Post
                          Pfeifer with two offensive foul calls on Daum late in the half, next time I go to White River I better take more cash.
                          He was from Phillip but lives in Mitchell now. I talk to him quite often. I will let him know your concern

Comment

This is SDSU at their best. They’re playing loose and with high energy. Dunks, steals, blocks and threes - it’s been fun to watch. Denver is like a deer in the headlights.

Comment

Flatten is in fire...31 pts 7 of 11 on 3s
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X