Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ FGCU Eagles in Alico Arena(The Nest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ FGCU Eagles in Alico Arena(The Nest)

Dunk City is a marketing dream on the sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico at Ft Meyer. Coach Michael Fly is in his first season at FGCU. It is a big enough dream that 9 of the players transferred from junior colleges, P5 schools, and other smaller schools. 18 players on the roster with 4 walk-ons should keep plenty of healthy players for practice. 4 of the projected starters are RS Sr players. Iona, Michigan, Marquette, and Daytona St were their original choices for basketball. Alico Arena is 4600+ capacity and they brought in over 3800 for the opener and win against Southeastern. The Eagles have lost to Illinois St and Michigan St on the road. The Florida trip needs a good start tonight as 4-0 seems doable. The Eagles are 90-20(past 110 games) in Alico Arena and it would be great if the Jackrabbits give them #21. Go Jacks!!

Watch on ESPN3.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits @ FGCU Eagles in Alico Arena(The Nest)

Really astonishingly bad production values on the Learfield radio/streaming broadcast so far.

I mean really, really astonishingly bad.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm giving up on the Learfield radio streaming. It's just awful. Among its problems is it sounds like the play-by-play guy's microphone is seriously overdriven and is distorting like crazy.

And, since I don't give ESPN money if I can help it, I guess I'll find out who won tomorrow.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wow, these announcers on ESPN+ are painful to listen to. Ok start to game.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Anyone else have choppy audio web watching sspn+

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I'm giving up on the Learfield radio streaming. It's just awful. Among its problems is it sounds like the play-by-play guy's microphone is seriously overdriven and is distorting like crazy.

And, since I don't give ESPN money if I can help it, I guess I'll find out who won tomorrow.
            filbert: Live stats on gojacks.com are working. I have those on a laptop but also have the game on ESPN+ casted up to a big screen.

Comment

Daum at the line. Makes one of two and we're up 17-12

Comment

Jenkins putting on quite a show.

Timeout.
                Jacks 22, FGCU 13

(Jenkins 13, FGCU 13)

Comment

Jenkins is a bad man. So much fun to watch.

Daum looks a lot quicker off the dribble and more nimble than before. He looks more comfortable putting the ball on the floor altogether.

Comment

Why was daum in with 2 fouls late in the first half when we had the lead. Seemed like a bad idea that now he has 3 fouls.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

At the half: SDSU 37, FGCU 30

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Why was daum in with 2 fouls late in the first half when we had the lead. Seemed like a bad idea that now he has 3 fouls.
                        Should be able to trust him to not get that 3rd foul. Baxter is quick and good at beating Daum to the spot to set up for the charge. Baxter is a really tough matchup for Daum on both ends of the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Wow, these announcers on ESPN+ are painful to listen to. Ok start to game.

SUPERBUNNY
                          I think their salary is commission-based on the number of times they can say Dunk City during the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Should be able to trust him to not get that 3rd foul. Baxter is quick and good at beating Daum to the spot to set up for the charge. Baxter is a really tough matchup for Daum on both ends of the floor.
                            I guess I am of the mindset you dont need to play him so you can let the team figure out how to play with out him and younger guys get big experience.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Maybe we should guard the 3pt line some?
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X