GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Bemediji State Beavers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Bemediji State Beavers

This is an exhibition game for the Beavers. They most recently played UNI and lost by 46. They were 14-16 last season with 2 starters returning this year. #3, Ja Morgan, is 6'1" jr guard is currently the lead scorer. This is another game for the Jackrabbit bench to get some game experience. If you want to watch this game, it is available on the Jackrabbit All Access. It should be a nice afternoon for a game and we can hope that the football game is in control by tipoff against the Beavers. This is the last tune up prior to the Florida trip. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Bemediji State Beavers

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    This is an exhibition game for the Beavers. They most recently played UNI and lost by 46. They were 14-16 last season with 2 starters returning this year. #3, Ja Morgan, is 6'1" jr guard is currently the lead scorer. This is another game for the Jackrabbit bench to get some game experience. If you want to watch this game, it is available on the Jackrabbit All Access. It should be a nice afternoon for a game and we can hope that the football game is in control by tipoff against the Beavers. This is the last tune up prior to the Florida trip. Go Jacks!!
    Should be a great opportunity to give the "old" guys some rest before a tough stretch. Shouldn't need the starters in there for more than a half.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Todays game was kind of overshadowed by football @ SIU. Had to look up the score, Jacks win 86-63. Starters scoring were Daum with 26 on 8-16 from the floor (10-11 FT's), and 0-4 3ptrs. Jenkins adds 16, Flatten 13, Tking 11, and Dentlinger 9. One interesting note from the game is that Flatten was called for a technical, as well as a Bemidji State player...I wonder what happened?

Coming into the year, I was a little afraid Daums body changes over the summer would affect his long range shooting...Is it too early to say it seems he's struggling from outside? 0-4 today, 2-6 vs Alabama St., 1-3 vs GCU, and 2-6 vs Mines...5-18 overall, 27%? Hopefully he'll start hitting them at a little higher percentage as the season continues.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Flatten was fouled. He continued to play and went up for a layup and Bemidji State player came across Skylar face with his arm. Skyler took exception to it and approached and got in the player’s face. Double technical was accessed.

Comment

Flatten had a really nice drive and dunk over a guy (end of the highlights below). I wonder if this was before or after the T. This is the kind of play I want to see Flatten make at least once a game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=1Q2PJKM9CNQ

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Flatten was fouled. He continued to play and went up for a layup and Bemidji State player came across Skylar face with his arm. Skyler took exception to it and approached and got in the player’s face. Double technical was accessed.
            It might be added that the #20 who was chippy with Skylar also had a couple of incidents during the rest of the game. The Beaver coach pulled the player after the technical.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Todays game was kind of overshadowed by football @ SIU. Had to look up the score, Jacks win 86-63. Starters scoring were Daum with 26 on 8-16 from the floor (10-11 FT's), and 0-4 3ptrs. Jenkins adds 16, Flatten 13, Tking 11, and Dentlinger 9. One interesting note from the game is that Flatten was called for a technical, as well as a Bemidji State player...I wonder what happened?

Coming into the year, I was a little afraid Daums body changes over the summer would affect his long range shooting...Is it too early to say it seems he's struggling from outside? 0-4 today, 2-6 vs Alabama St., 1-3 vs GCU, and 2-6 vs Mines...5-18 overall, 27%? Hopefully he'll start hitting them at a little higher percentage as the season continues.
              I'd say 18 shots is too small of a sample. If a two shot swing is more than 10%, it's too early.

Also, I'm curious what you think the connection is between his body and his outside shot. If you would have said you were worried it'd affect his rebounding or post game, that would make sense, but his 3 point shot? I'm confused.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Flatten had a really nice drive and dunk over a guy (end of the highlights below). I wonder if this was before or after the T. This is the kind of play I want to see Flatten make at least once a game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=1Q2PJKM9CNQ
                It was before the T. He was trying for another big dunk in traffic and that kid wasn't going to let it happen. We looked pretty lackadaisical yesterday. About what you'd expect with a D2 game. Bemidji played well so we weren't able to blow them out too bad. Owen King hit a 3 and Daum bullied some lesser athletes down low. That's about the only takeaways, forgettable game.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I'd say 18 shots is too small of a sample. If a two shot swing is more than 10%, it's too early.

Also, I'm curious what you think the connection is between his body and his outside shot. If you would have said you were worried it'd affect his rebounding or post game, that would make sense, but his 3 point shot? I'm confused.
                  I think you're right, it's perhaps to early.

As for why I think that...I don't know for sure. I didn't really spend a whole lot of time thinking about it, but I figured adding or losing muscle/weight would screw with a person's muscle memory?
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

That game was about a complete waste of time. Far less talented and kinda chippy d2 team. All I could think of was this is gonna suck if somebody gets injured in this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      I think you're right, it's perhaps to early.

As for why I think that...I don't know for sure. I didn't really spend a whole lot of time thinking about it, but I figured adding or losing muscle/weight would screw with a person's muscle memory?
                      Only if that person doesn't spend time shooting during the body change

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                        That game was about a complete waste of time. Far less talented and kinda chippy d2 team. All I could think of was this is gonna suck if somebody gets injured in this mess.
                        It may have been a waste of time, but it is what was available for a good scrimmage prior to the FGCU game on Friday. The 4 games in Florida will likely be closer to the GCU talent than the Bemidji outfit. The travel before the games might have been too much to schedule more games next week. Hopefully a week off and sandy beaches do not let the team forget about the basketball season.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                          Only if that person doesn't spend time shooting during the body change
                          He also spent time in the offseason making his shot release quicker - according to something I read in the off-season which I'm too lazy to look up. I would say he succeeded in making it quicker. Time will tell if it affected his % from deep.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            He also spent time in the offseason making his shot release quicker - according to something I read in the off-season which I'm too lazy to look up. I would say he succeeded in making it quicker. Time will tell if it affected his % from deep.
                            Agreed, it's not as much of a wind up as before. Likely something NBA scouts told him would help his stock. He's a good shooter, I'm guessing he'll still be around 40% from 3 at the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                            X