WNAX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WNAX ?

I have not been able to find a feedback link to WNAX and pass on my comments. Does such a link exist on their website. Also I wonder other coverage enhancements we can expect from other media outlets. I think the Argus Leader will get on board with time. We have talked about the Register and their poor coverage of the Jacks. How about Coaches shows on TV and other tv coverage for the money sports.

Comment

Texas Jack
      The young Steve Imming you referred to I believe is Dan Peters who did the Augie game  while Steve was at the Disney classic.  I am not sure what is background is but he did a good job with the Augie game. He had one brain fart at the beginning and called the Augustana Vikings the Minneosota Vikings.  
      ;D
      Oster I do like and and he knows more about the game than I do as I have a walkman on at everyhome game and he often sees stuff I dont. Especially on penalties, he has a good idea on what happen.  Jerry does the news by trade and that what he. Dan could possibly relace Jerry as the color guy.

The guy that does not have a good radio voice is Chris Stoebner, however he was very good with comments during the Pepsi classic.  He was Steve's color guy and did pretty fair, but I dont think Chis was a communication major, and he felt little ackward, but did okay.

Comment

SDSUFAN- No disrespect to you as your usually on target with your comments,but Jerry Oster is one big brain fart. I think he is terrible and the broadcast suffers with him on it. If I have to hear him say one more time "Oh Man" I'm going to puke. I sense Imming gets frustrated with him as well. We don't need to make excuses for the Brookings Register and Jerry Oster when they fail to do their jobs and that would be to paint the picture for us fans that follow Jacks sports. I will take commentary by the Argus Leader as at least its coverage. I think following the game Oster throws softball questions to Coach Stig. and totally lets him off the hook when he should be asking the tough questions that all of us want answers to. Case in Point the Winona game where we had numerous opportunities to go for touchdowns in the redzone and setteled for field goals. The Winona and UND games were games we should not have lost and Oster if he was doing his job should have asked tougher questions. I think Stig intimidates him as he bristles at any hint of questioning strategy, but that is what the media and fans do.

Comment

Jackguy

No big deal, I guess you just have a slightly different take on things and maybe we do need better answers, but Oster has been doing the post game shows since Wayne Haensel was coach and maybe before that. I do agree that Jerry tends to throw softballs, but then again, WNAX and Oster need that next interview.  That may be why they dont rough the head coach up too much in post game interviews.
          We could always get Ed Schultz from KFGO and formally WDAY to work Stig over. ;D.  I saw him do that to Rocky Hager on his show when the Bison lost once in a while.
          Ed used to ask Hager"  What happened Rocky?" :

Yes the "Oh man" from Oster seems a little tiring, but I had  not  thought too much about that until you brought it up.

I will say this is an interesting discussion.

Comment

Working...
          X