Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-19 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Looks like we are playing Memphis this year. https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...ech/570350002/

    Also playing: http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/11/...px?path=mbball
    Montana at South Dakota State
    South Dakota State at Eastern Washington


    Playing a game at Nevada. https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/col...ule/489205002/

    The 2018-19 Basketball schedule is shaping up like this:


    November 1st Home South Dakota School of Mines (Exhibition)
    November 6th Home Grand Canyon University (Season Opener)
    November 8th Home Alabama State (nothing official yet)
    November 16th Road Florida Gulf Coast
    November 19th Neutral TBA - Gulf Coast Showcase
    November 20th Neutral TBA - Gulf Coast Showcase
    November 21st Neutral TBA - Gulf Coast Showcase
    November 28th
    Home UMKC (nothing official yet)
    December 1st Neutral Northern Iowa (U.S. Bank Stadium Classic)
    December 4th Road Memphis
    December 7th Home Southern University
    December 11th Home Savannah State (nothing official yet)
    December 15th Road Nevada
    December 18th Road Eastern Washington
    December 22nd Home Montana (nothing official yet)
    Last edited by SidelineObserver; 08-23-2018, 12:57 PM.


  • #2
    Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

    Memphis game should be fun! Definitely an opportunity for a quality win. Also, I'm excited to see what Penny does with the Memphis program.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

      Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      Memphis game should be fun! Definitely an opportunity for a quality win. Also, I'm excited to see what Penny does with the Memphis program.
      Mike Miller is also an assistant with Memphis.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

        Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
        Looks like we are playing Memphis this year. https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...ech/570350002/

        Also playing: http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/11/...px?path=mbball
        Montana at South Dakota State
        South Dakota State at Eastern Washington


        Playing a game at Nevada. https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/col...ule/489205002/
        Hope we get a chance to play in a Holiday tournament again. With only 14 league games it is a great way to get a few games on the schedule, but there aren't many openings left at this point.
        https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2...s-thanksgiving

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

          Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
          Hope we get a chance to play in a Holiday tournament again. With only 14 league games it is a great way to get a few games on the schedule, but there aren't many openings left at this point.
          https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2...s-thanksgiving
          This year UND will be in the conference so there should be 16 league games unless somebody drops out at the last minute like last year.
          Not to say I still wouldn't like to play in that tournament if they still need to find some games.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

            Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Mike Miller is also an assistant with Memphis.
            I wonder he played a part in making this game happen.

            Hopefully we can add a few other big games to the docket. Need some chances at quality wins next year!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

              Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
              Looks like we are playing Memphis this year. https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...ech/570350002/

              Also playing: http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/11/...px?path=mbball
              Montana at South Dakota State
              South Dakota State at Eastern Washington


              Playing a game at Nevada. https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/col...ule/489205002/
              Nevada and Memphis will both be top 100, if not top 50 RPI. Montana is going to be good, really good for a Big Sky school. No clue about EWU but at least we are beginning to see top 100 schools on the schedule. We need those games, especially in Daum's last season.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

                Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                I wonder he played a part in making this game happen.

                Hopefully we can add a few other big games to the docket. Need some chances at quality wins next year!
                One of the Memphis people tweeted that this game was scheduled before their change in coaching staff.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

                  Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  One of the Memphis people tweeted that this game was scheduled before their change in coaching staff.
                  I was thinking sdsu has played some tubby smith teams before. I figured that was the connection.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                  Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

                    The linked article said that Memphis was paying SDSU $90k for the guarantee game.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

                      Any chance for Jackrabbits vs. Gophers at U.S. Bank? Not a blueblood, but a next tier program. Would think they'd want to maximize the draw??

                      https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...53732154556416

                      @JacksFanInNeb

                      I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

                        Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                        Any chance for Jackrabbits vs. Gophers at U.S. Bank? Not a blueblood, but a next tier program. Would think they'd want to maximize the draw??

                        https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...53732154556416

                        It's Oklahoma State.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

                          Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                          Any chance for Jackrabbits vs. Gophers at U.S. Bank? Not a blueblood, but a next tier program. Would think they'd want to maximize the draw??

                          https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...53732154556416

                          If you follow the comments you'll see that Wolfson mentions he "know(s) they plan on having at least one other local college play that weekend." And there seems to me to be an insulation that SDSU could be a possibility.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

                            Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            If you follow the comments you'll see that Wolfson mentions he "know(s) they plan on having at least one other local college play that weekend." And there seems to me to be an insulation that SDSU could be a possibility.
                            If you read the two tweets below it someone directly asks about SDSU being a possibility. The phrase was do you mean state or regional by local, would love to see SDSU play.... and he responded with I believe state but Ill check it out. So sounds like it will be one of the UM DII schools or something along those lines to me.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

                              Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              If you read the two tweets below it someone directly asks about SDSU being a possibility. The phrase was do you mean state or regional by local, would love to see SDSU play.... and he responded with I believe state but Ill check it out. So sounds like it will be one of the UM DII schools or something along those lines to me.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yah, wasn't sure how to interpret that "I believe state but I'll check it out" part following tweets specifically talking about SDSU. I'm no Robert Langdon.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X