Northern State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern State

Andy Kleinjan is a red shirt freshman and he needs some more time to develope, but he be on the roster.

Then there are the ones that we will not know about until April, I believe. So its will be a real test when we go to Fresno State for D1 match ups.

Comment

Dr.Oien had told me about the Fresno Tourney, Do you know who else is invited to that, and the dates yet. I am planning on going to those games.I want to be in attendence at our first D1 game.

Comment

Northern started out the season by playing two DI exhibition games against Vanderbilt and Austin Peay. They lost both of those games by scores of 57-86 and 74-87. I know that you can't compare how teams would match up head to head by comparing them with a common opponent, but I hope this shows about where we are at. I don't know much about either one of these teams, but I read that Austin Peay is expected to win the OVC this year as they return every starter from last years tournament team, and Vanderbilt is undefeated this season beating teams like Indiana and Michigan. Now I'm sure we are not a Vanderbilt level team, but I think Austin Peay is well within our reach. If we keep producing teams like this years we could be winning conference championships a lot quicker than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
          Dr.Oien had told me about the Fresno Tourney, Do you know who else is invited to that, and the dates yet. I am planning on going to those games.I want to be in attendence at our first D1 game.
          Texas Jack

I really dont know any more about this tourney than what you do, but I am sure we will find out in time to make reservations. It will be a fun event. The Argus article said we would play 14 home games next year. All will be D2 and NAIA. We will also hire our own refs so that should be at least 14 wins next year. ;D

Comment

I think our fans/SF media, and the FES people. will be stunned at how competitive we are next year. Charger posted about Vanderbilt and Austin Peay earlier. It is hard to make a comparison like that but, It does give some degree of credibility. another example this year is Northern Kentucky lost by 11 at Cincinatti Bearcats, we beat NKU by 15. I will go as far as to say with this team we could be at least a middle finisher in EVERY D1 conference except the ACC or Big 10. Yes, I believe we could get some quality wins in the Big 12 and Pac 10 and SEC. I see these teams play all the time,and we could play with the big boys this year! The Jackrabitts are flat out AWESOME this year.

Comment

Working...
            X