X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    Re: GDT: SDSU at USD

full disclosure...I have not seen one minute of last nights game. That said, I feel like I got on a thread from a year ago when the team was in danger of not making the league Tourney. Good lord, it's one game.

We lost, they won. It was a home game for them and the exorcised the demons from the Denny. Celebrate the heck out of that. Don't be jerks about it(which I don't believe they were) but enjoy it with the 5000 that came out on a Wednesday night in Vermillion! There is nothing wrong with celebrating a victory especially after beating your big brother(I should know, I'm the little brother, I think I've celebrated twice...one of those I think he let me win). I don't like losing to them ever but go crazy. Now if he celebrates like that after throttling Western than maybe I may say it's excessive. We all figured they probably wouldn't go undefeated in the Summit. They have good tape on how to fix a few things and I was thinking they were due to have an off shooting night eventually.

1 game people, there's bound to be another one or two in there. Remember last year we would've killed for a 2-3 loss league record.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Howell did not play and Severyn played garbage minutes only.

To those complaining about Smith: get over it! I've already said this, but him thanking the students for their involvement in the win is great for the program. Students will remember that and might come back to watch another game. Him running around to alumni/ fans while Midco was trying to interview him wasn't so great. To be honest, we don't know how TJ or his players would react with students/ fans because of how Frost is set-up. Maybe he would go over to the Student Section after every game if they were at court level and all together in one spot; we don't know. Also, comparing Bono does make sense because they are D1 coaches. There are definitely duals where you can tell the opposing coaches don't like how he behaves. Bono is good for our program, school, and the sport, but there are definitely people who don't like his behavior during duals (I'm sure I would get annoyed with him real quick if I was from an opposing school.)

To the person saying to bench Jenkins: ARE YOU NUTS?!? Jenkins is probably the best find by TJ and has totally earned a starting role on the team as a freshmen. Benching him because he was trying to do something when it seemed like nothing was working for the Jacks seems a bit excessive. Who do you want to replace him? Beau with his still healing arm? Get over this loss; there's a lot more season and a tournament to go! The Jacks will only get better after this loss.
    An excellent post. The board is experiencing butt hurt big time. Funny the disloyalty of Austin Hansen has not been mentioned so far and for that reason only I bring up his name. I had to look at the USED website to see if he is still coach down there. If we all had the energy of half pint Bono, there would be no need for social welfare. The man knows how to motivate. So does TJ, but what ever was his game plan, it did not work last night. He too, will get better. Jenkins??? He might just welcome a rest after reading what has been said here. Upon rechecking, there was only one negative post. Benching Jenkins would be like benching Michael Jordon in game 7 of the NBA Finals because he under-preformed in game 6.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 01-25-2018, 07:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Maybe I missed something from the broadcast as I was in Verm (somewhat unfortunately as we'v played like this at both games I've attended) But did #3 play? was he hurt? If he played and I missed it I'm blaming my #PainPills.
    Howell did not play and Severyn played garbage minutes only.

To those complaining about Smith: get over it! I've already said this, but him thanking the students for their involvement in the win is great for the program. Students will remember that and might come back to watch another game. Him running around to alumni/ fans while Midco was trying to interview him wasn't so great. To be honest, we don't know how TJ or his players would react with students/ fans because of how Frost is set-up. Maybe he would go over to the Student Section after every game if they were at court level and all together in one spot; we don't know. Also, comparing Bono does make sense because they are D1 coaches. There are definitely duals where you can tell the opposing coaches don't like how he behaves. Bono is good for our program, school, and the sport, but there are definitely people who don't like his behavior during duals (I'm sure I would get annoyed with him real quick if I was from an opposing school.)

To the person saying to bench Jenkins: ARE YOU NUTS?!? Jenkins is probably the best find by TJ and has totally earned a starting role on the team as a freshmen. Benching him because he was trying to do something when it seemed like nothing was working for the Jacks seems a bit excessive. Who do you want to replace him? Beau with his still healing arm? Get over this loss; there's a lot more season and a tournament to go! The Jacks will only get better after this loss.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Maybe I missed something from the broadcast as I was in Verm (somewhat unfortunately as we'v played like this at both games I've attended) But did #3 play? was he hurt? If he played and I missed it I'm blaming my #PainPills.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    Can't be butt hurt about the loss.....if it was TJ we would be all over his enthusiasm, stoking the fires, building the base, blah blah blah.....I think it's great. Our conference needs more enthusiastic coaches so we can quit playing in gyms under a 1000 people.
    I disagree. I would think less of TJ if he did that after a regular season game. I don't mind Smith, I'm all for animated coaches, but it's called class. You win with it, you lose with it. There are times and places to show emotions like he did. A regular season summit league game isn't one of them. Smith made an ass of himself after the game imo.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
    Jenkins needs to sit. Far too many tough tough shots and forced drives early in the shot clock. He has all of the talent in the world but needs to know his role on THIS team. He very well may get his chance to be the focal point of an SDSU team but this year isn’t it. Theres a time and place for an off balance shot and Jenkins needs to show he knows when that is. The coaching staff needs to show they can control this situation for this team to reach its full potential.
    You need to sit. Jenkins was trying to create offense when we were completely stagnant. We had an off game, USD has a good defense, their offense shot the lights out in the second half. Move on, don't throw our 2nd best offensive threat out with one poor showing by the team.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Have you ever been to a SDSU wrestling match?
    Totally different sport, atmosphere. Ive been to high school wrestling. Its not the same sport. I cant believe youre even bringing up a wrestling coach and a basketball coach that they are the same......

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Sure but coaches dont act like that. Well, good coaches dont.
    Have you ever been to a SDSU wrestling match?

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Jenkins needs to sit. Far too many tough tough shots and forced drives early in the shot clock. He has all of the talent in the world but needs to know his role on THIS team. He very well may get his chance to be the focal point of an SDSU team but this year isn’t it. Theres a time and place for an off balance shot and Jenkins needs to show he knows when that is. The coaching staff needs to show they can control this situation for this team to reach its full potential.
    He was just named Summit League Player of the Week and you want him to sit?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Exactly. I don't have a problem if players want to high five the student section after a win. But if the coaches need to celebrate winning a regular season game in the middle of the season, go do it in the locker-room.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Death, taxes, sdsu bball struggles in verm.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Jenkins need to sit??????

Leave a comment:

• tbjack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Maybe we just need to wear ndsu uniforms. Then 4000 fans would leave since they only showed up to play us. Also use would struggle since ndsu is in their heads.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I think they deserve to celebrate. When our guys shoot less than 50 percent we don’t win. Our defense was not good, theirs was very good. They handed us our arse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X