X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    We just offered another 2019 grad. Maleeck Harden out of Moorhead, MN. He has an offer from NDSU.
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/8762526...ck-HardenHayes
    With 4 seniors leaving and 4 signees already coming in, bringing in another recruit would put the Jacks over the 13 scholarship limit. Which means one of the incoming would have to gray shirt or that someone on the current roster is planning on leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      With 4 seniors leaving and 4 signees already coming in, bringing in another recruit would put the Jacks over the 13 scholarship limit. Which means one of the incoming would have to gray shirt or that someone on the current roster is planning on leaving.
      Isn’t Dentlinger on an Academic scholarship?

Comment

I was thinking that was a one year deal until an athletic scholarship opened up. Could very well be wrong though.

Comment

I was thinking that was a one year deal until an athletic scholarship opened up. Could very well be wrong though.
          No you were right. Found the reply in 2017 thread.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit97 View Post
          I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but according to Coach Otz, Dentlinger will be on a full academic scholly this year and then next year will be on an athletic scholly going forward.

Comment

I thought scholarship of any kind counts. Academic scholarships would be handy to get the roster size larger. Dentlinger would need to pay for his first year on his own. This year the scholarship kicks in for him. We had the young guy, George Marshall, from Wisconsin come in on his own dime for a semester. Keep checking the roster and Key stays on there since he is now a RS. Mims, Fiegen, and CarterIII would round out the current 13 current scholarships. Howell pulled out which may have left a scholarship for one of the redshirts. The important thing is the coaching staff knows the numbers!
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              I thought scholarship of any kind counts. Academic scholarships would be handy to get the roster size larger. Dentlinger would need to pay for his first year on his own. This year the scholarship kicks in for him. We had the young guy, George Marshall, from Wisconsin come in on his own dime for a semester. Keep checking the roster and Key stays on there since he is now a RS. Mims, Fiegen, and CarterIII would round out the current 13 current scholarships. Howell pulled out which may have left a scholarship for one of the redshirts. The important thing is the coaching staff knows the numbers!
              There are some exemptions.

“NCAA Rules for Academic Scholarships
              There is something in the NCAA, it’s called Bylaw 15.02.4.3. This rule states that any financial aid except that which is specifically exempted is going to count as athletic aid and make the student a “counter” in terms of scholarships.

Federal and state financial aid based on need is exempted. Academic scholarships for freshman may be exempted if the students meets one of the following conditions depending on the division:

Division 1

Top 10% of the high school graduating class
              Achieve a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.50
              Score 1200 or higher on the SAT or ACT sum score of at least 105”

Comment

There are some exemptions.

“NCAA Rules for Academic Scholarships
                There is something in the NCAA, it’s called Bylaw 15.02.4.3. This rule states that any financial aid except that which is specifically exempted is going to count as athletic aid and make the student a “counter” in terms of scholarships.

Federal and state financial aid based on need is exempted. Academic scholarships for freshman may be exempted if the students meets one of the following conditions depending on the division:

Division 1

Top 10% of the high school graduating class
                Achieve a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.50
                Score 1200 or higher on the SAT or ACT sum score of at least 105”
                I was going to literally ask the same question about Academic Scholarships and had to go find this very thing before asking.

Comment

I think this is a sign Key is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Key needs to be gone next year, along with Daum, Flatten and T.King in order to bring in the four recruits we have already signed. Unless a younger player on the roster would leave.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      We don't need any signs that Key is gone...he's already gone and he's not coming back.

Comment

Evidently Coach Otz is in Moorhead to watch Maleek Harden tonight. Would be nice addition to next years squad.

Comment

https://twitter.com/KCC_Athletics/st...35817738076160

Doug Wilson ICCAC Player of the Year.

Grasping for any happy news after watching Western Illinois in the semis tonight rather than my Jacks...

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

Grasping for any happy news after watching Western Illinois in the semis tonight rather than my Jacks...
                            And just when you thought WIU was out of your thoughts, Wilson's teammate 6'10" Kyle Arrington may be headed to the Leathernecks. Arrington played 8.7 minutes/game and scored 4.1ppg. Wilson had 25+ minutes and almost 21ppg. Advantage Jackrabbits.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

What is the significance of this tweet? Did WIU sign him or did SDSU sign him?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                What is the significance of this tweet? Did WIU sign him or did SDSU sign him?
                                Doug Wilson will be here next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X