• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemo
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Per his Twitter, Jacks have received a commitment from 6'7" JUCO Douglas Wilson from Kirkwood CC in Iowa. Also had offers from UND and Cal Poly according to Verbal Commits.
    Athletic big who is a true insider player rather than a stretch big. As a freshman in Kirkwood, his stat line was: 14.1 ppg, 69.2 FG%, 0 threes attempted, 6.6 rpg, 46.2% FT.

Here's a glimpse of Douglas as a senior in HS:
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8008227...1d6c32bc072600

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Per his Twitter, Jacks have received a commitment from 6'7" JUCO Douglas Wilson from Kirkwood CC in Iowa. Also had offers from UND and Cal Poly according to Verbal Commits.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Do you honestly believe that tailgating doesn’t have an effect on the size of the fan base?

Let’s list the largest fan bases that pop into my head for the FCS.

Ndsu: great tailgating
    Montana: great tailgating
    Montana State: great tailgating
    HBCUs: regularly have massive attendance for their “classics” because it’s a party. Bucket list level tailgating.

SEC: known for.....great tailgating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No I am not serious, just having fun. I do think that what kind of product that shows up on the field or court will determine our fan base in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

The last photo might be our first look inside the practice facility.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Caleb Grill, T.J. Otzelberger, Eric Henderson and Mike Daum

0 replies 4 retweets 25 likes

Direct message

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied
    2019 Recruits

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I trying to be humorous and also taking a shot at those who think that the quality of tailgating has a direct affect on fan base size. Play on😏
    Do you honestly believe that tailgating doesn’t have an effect on the size of the fan base?

Let’s list the largest fan bases that pop into my head for the FCS.

Ndsu: great tailgating
    Montana: great tailgating
    Montana State: great tailgating
    HBCUs: regularly have massive attendance for their “classics” because it’s a party. Bucket list level tailgating.

SEC: known for.....great tailgating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    I beg your pardon?!?
    I trying to be humorous and also taking a shot at those who think that the quality of tailgating has a direct affect on fan base size. Play on

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Will he be preforming at halftime? Might be a way to increase sale of season tickets? Seriously what an asset to our program. The Pride can take day off as they do not really add to the fan base like a guy name Caleb will.
    I beg your pardon?!?

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Me too.
    And 2 other 2019 basketball recruits to lay the red carpet for you.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Caleb Grill on campus today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Me too.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Will he be preforming at halftime? Might be a way to increase sale of season tickets? Seriously what an asset to our program. The Pride can take day off as they do not really add to the fan base like a guy name Caleb will.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

I am not quite sure how Husker football became the focus of 2019 Jackrabbit Men's Basketball thread. The QB kid does not count if he is basketball committed. If Miles was the center of the discussion, it might make more sense. OK I am ready for the reader digest report.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Nebraska will only cause problems if they start winning 10+ games per year. I see no evidence that the huskers are likely to return to that type success. Everybody is really high on frost, but the dude has coached one game as a husker so far (and lost), and there's nothing to say that he'll have them competing immediately. The college football landscape has changed dramatically in the last 17 years since UNL was a dominant force, and despite all of their tradition of winning, I don't think you'll ever see them return to their former glory. If Scott goes 9-4 a few seasons in a row, what then? If UNL starts making January bowl games on a consistent basis, it might hurt our recruiting some. And the first year or two of the Scott frost era will have a lot of hype (just like it does right now), but if that dies down after a few mediocre seasons, I don't think it'll hurt us much in the long run. He's a great coach, but I don't think he's taking UNL back to their former perch.
    some very good points here. I was watching and-NE-Co in Club 71 Sat, Scott’s demeanor was much like that of Tom Obsorne, the winner. Frost record so far is a winner, but then there is Peter Priniple. I think we should be talking 2019 B.B. recruits.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    It's not only the scholarship money, but facilities are light years ahead now at SDSU as well. It was probably much easier to turn down a half scholarship to SDSU back in the NCC days when we had outdoor practices in horrible weather, a smelly brick building for a locker room, throw away trailers for video rooms, and borderline competitive teams than it is now when we offer full rides, cost of attendance, top-notch training and practice facilities, a new stadium, and a top 5 ranked program with players in the NFL.

Not saying that Nebraska won't cause problems, but I think we'll still pull plenty of recruits from that area.
    Thank You! I totally forgot to mention. There were very few Nebraskan on the roster in 1986 when I became a full time follower. No Cade Johnson’s for sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X