• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemo
    replied
    Re: Preseason stuff...Mike Daum

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    IMO the only "true" positions this team has is a 1 and 2. Telly and Daum are hybrids to me. Much like the women's team, this men's team is full of guys that can play on the perimeter as well as with their backs to the basket.
    I'd mostly agree with this, though I'd say the two "true" positions on offense is the 1 and the "post" (basically a 4 that is either on the block or setting ball/back screens near the top of the key). The other positions in the offensive sets are pretty interchangeable.

In terms of Telly, you can call his position what you want on offense, but on defense he is going to be guarding the opposing team's 4, which he has been doing his entire career and that's not likely to change unless he's on the floor with both Daum and Theisen at the same time, which isn't likely to happen often. My guess is that when we do see Daum and Theisen together on the court it will be when Telly is getting a rest.
    Last edited by Kemo; 11-09-2017, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Exactly.
    He's played the four every year he's been here. He's a stretch 4 at this point. No one else is taking the four spot.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I think he's hoping Reid can play more of the 3 vs the 4 he was more or less forced to play last year.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

I think he's hoping Reid can play more of the 3 vs the 4 he was more or less forced to play last year.
    Yes, and I was wondering why he was hoping that. It's not going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

I don't see anyone else on the team who's better set to be the 4 than Telly, especially given that you need Theisen as a backup to Daum and ***somebody*** to back up Telly. Severyn? One of the freshmen?

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    What gives you the impression that Reed will be playing the 3?

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    IMO the only "true" positions this team has is a 1 and 2. Telly and Daum are hybrids to me. Much like the women's team, this men's team is full of guys that can play on the perimeter as well as with their backs to the basket.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    If reed can play the 3 I expect him to have a big year.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    All it means as far as I'm concerned is that his teammates need to raise their level of play to match his.

(No pressure, guys!)
    If reed can play the 3 I expect him to have a big year.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Daum checks in at #17 on this top 100 list. Wow... this hype train might be out of control at this point. Crazy how much respect he's getting. If we make the tournament and makes some noise, I can't imagine the hype he'll get next year.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/ncaa-top-100-2017
    All it means as far as I'm concerned is that his teammates need to raise their level of play to match his.

(No pressure, guys!)

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Daum checks in at #17 on this top 100 list. Wow... this hype train might be out of control at this point. Crazy how much respect he's getting. If we make the tournament and makes some noise, I can't imagine the hype he'll get next year.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/ncaa-top-100-2017

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Daum checks in at #26.

Can the season start?? Man...it still seems so far away.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Argus article regarding Daum's future as a Jackrabbit after this year:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ram/773528001/

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Mike Daum makes preseason honorable mention for All America voting here.
    http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...merican-teams/

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Wow, just looked back over the last few pages of this thread. What a roller coaster. The last couple pages are interesting and would be fun in a different thread. Will start one there and let it go.

Maybe we can get this one back on track.

Would like to take a moment and thank filbert for the way he runs this board. Internet forums can be totally off the rails, just look at Bisonville, although they have improved things over the last couple years. I totally agree with the path taken when it comes to naming sources in the instances mentioned. Thanks for all you do!

Onward and upward!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X