Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD/UNO...#1 At Stake

Originally posted by filbert
    I'm coming in from Kansas City...unfortunately I'll probably get there just in time for the tip of the men's game. (I hope no Missouri, Iowa, or S.D. highway patrol officers are reading this . . .)

I'll probably have to park in Aurora.

It's going to be some kind of evening.

The really interesting box score for the D-I conferences will be the UNO game.  If that one draws 5 or 6 thousand after pulling in 9,000 the night before, Fred Oien's phone just might start ringing.
    Filbert:
    Boy I know what you are talking about. I have driven from Columbus Ne to Brookings for better than 18 years, and its a bummer. Yes have parked in Aurora a few years back, but that the big advantage of giving to the Jackrabbit club, and getting prioirity parking.  Recently I have had excellent parking, I dont know but everyone who has a priortity parking permit will probably show up Friday, so I still plan to be their early.  Just fun to absorb Frost from 5 to 6 and watch the empty seating disappear.

Also I have more than I care admit,  stops by the Nebraska Highway Patrol.  When I travelled between St Joe and Omaha for business, I had pretty good luck with the Iowa Patroll, but that observation is hardly a license to exceed the speed limit.

Comment

Texas: Yes, in fact I have six season tickets in BB. One will be waiting for me on the kitchen table of the Brookings home of my friends who "tend" the tickets for me (Hi, Mel!). Sadly, I have a 1 pm Friday meeting that's pretty much a must...but I've timed it out and the trip from KC to Brookings is just about exactly six hours. I need to drop off my dog and pick up the tickets at my friends' house, so I may need to drive a portion of the way at a somewhat excessive rate of speed in order to make the tip-off.

SDSUFAN: I worked at SDSU for 18 years...I think I know some secret parking spots...I'll be OK

Alumguy: Harsh is probably good right now...we're all a bit giddy with a 16-0 team and a 9,000+ sellout. I do wonder though, who the last DII team was who moved up to DI the year after selling out a 9,000-seat arena for a home game.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert,

6 hrs. is about my norm as well. This last trip home for Christmas, I got behind a Caddy from ND that was moving and I cut an hour off the trip. Going threw IA is the worst part, waht is up with 65 MPH speed limit ???

Go Blue!

Comment

As far as I can tell, SDSU's 16-0 record is the best of any NCAA team in any division (I, II, III)...
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
          X