• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Game

USD Ticket office is 605-677-5959

Comment

Scouting USD they have been very impressive from 3 point range which is an area we have not defended well. They also have pretty balanced scoring with a number of players with double digit averages. They also have more depth than they have had in the past. King and Mueller will get their points we just need to make sure we don't let them get to much in a groove or allow one of the complimentary players to have a great game. It will be interesting to see which of the Jacks will defend Mueller and King. I was surprised to see Boots is 17-14 against the Jacks. Before last years loss at Vermillion we had one 6 straight. This would be Nagy's 200th win. How sweet it will be!

Comment

Exactly the point I have made many times. USD will live and die by the 3-point line this year. The Jacks have a history of poor defense of the 3-point line. As I stated before, USD shoots just as well from 3-point land as from insided the arc, therefore, we must force them to drive and allow our big men to defend the goal.

Moeller can defend Mueller and a combination of Schantz and others can defend King. Trufholz is a great shooter but does not like to penetrate, easy to defend, hands up.

Our inside players are much better than theirs and we should/must dominate on the boards. Finally, by definition, USD players are individuals not teammates and they have no heart, SDSU players think of the team first and have plenty of heart. I couldn't care less about Boots' record or the individual accomplishments of the USD players.

GO JACKS as we march to our 27th consecutive win at Frost. GAURD THE 3-POINT LINE. If USD is cold from the outsided they will give up even earilier in the game!!
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If I recall correctly, the last announced "sell-out" of Frost Arena was the Cal State Hayward game.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            Exactly the point I have made many times.  USD will live and die by the 3-point line this year.  The Jacks have a history of poor defense of the 3-point line.  As I stated before, USD shoots just as well from 3-point land as from insided the arc, therefore, we must force them to drive and allow our big men to defend the goal.  

Moeller can defend Mueller and a combination of Schantz and others can defend King.  Trufholz is a great shooter but does not like to penetrate, easy to defend, hands up.  

Our inside players are much better than theirs and we should/must dominate on the boards.  Finally, by definition, USD players are individuals not teammates and they have no heart, SDSU players think of the team first and have plenty of heart.  I couldn't care less about Boots' record or the individual accomplishments of the USD players.  

GO JACKS as we march to our 27th consecutive win at Frost.  GAURD THE 3-POINT LINE.  If USD is cold from the outsided they will give up even earilier in the game!!
            I hope Marque Richardson gets Mueller so he can trip him again, and bang up his ankle. Joe Van Gore could not shut up about last years action. I wonder if both Moeller and Richardson will switch on him in order to wear Muellers sorry rear down to a frazzle if that is possible.

King will be a tough one to deal with, and this will all make the game very interesting game.

Comment

I have to wish the Rabbits the best of luck. I don't know if you'll need it, your size should overwhelm the 'Yotes. God I hate Mueller. Images of that little cheapshot and his "injured" ankle that he milked forever last year still linger in my head, not to mention "hitting the gamewinning 3" last year on a full-court pass that he jumped for and caught, faked, pivoted, and shot from about 16.5 ft, all in .4 seconds, I've never been so dejected in my life. Enough of my rant, get them for a Sioux fan who hates USD, the Dakota(High School Gymnasium Seating, Winter Trade Show Building)Dome, Vermilion, Boots, etc....please.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                If I recall correctly, the last announced "sell-out" of Frost Arena was the Cal State Hayward game.
                Actually this will be the third straight year the USD game has been a sell-out. Two years ago they shut the doors before halftime of the women's game. Last year's sell-out was two days before the game. So this year it looks like fans got the hint and bought tickets even earlier.

Will be listening via my computer on WNAX. For all those going to the game, cheer a little louder for me.

Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by D
                  I have to wish the Rabbits the best of luck.  I don't know if you'll need it, your size should overwhelm the 'Yotes.  God I hate Mueller.  Images of that little cheapshot and his "injured" ankle that he milked forever last year still linger in my head, not to mention "hitting the gamewinning 3" last year on a full-court pass that he jumped for and caught, faked, pivoted, and shot from about 16.5 ft, all in .4 seconds, I've never been so dejected in my life.  Enough of my rant, get them for a Sioux fan who hates USD, the Dakota(High School Gymnasium Seating, Winter Trade Show Building)Dome, Vermilion, Boots, etc....please.
                  Thanks for the well wishes. Gotta like a little love from the Sioux!

Let's Go Rabbits!

Comment

I also remember a cheapshot by Mueller on Austin Hanson that injured him!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                      Crashola:
                      Welcome aboard, and I was not near Brookings in 1985 so I have always enjoyed the stories about the 1985 run.  The Bob story is a good one.  I bet that coach got a kick out of it too.  Did Bob's team win? Or were they getting schlacked and was that the reason for putting Bob in the game.
                      To tell you the truth, I don't remember who was leading. I just remember that the game was out of hand and poor Bob was the only person (on both squads) who hadn't seen any playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                        Speaking of waiting in line, I was one of the thousands who waited at least 2 hours in the bitter cold in March of 1998 to watch SDSU/Northern in the regional championship at Frost.  That year we had the best team since 1985 and we all expected a national title run.  One of the most disappointing losses ever.  I still can't cheer for Mike Miller thanks to his brother!!  Here is a brief synapsis from NSU website:

Wolves-Jackrabbits II. South Dakota State was the top seed, ranked fourth in the nation and had thousands of Jacks backers many of whom waited outside for two hours in frigid weather before the ticket window opened ready to annoint their team as back-to-back North Central Region champions and watch the Wolves play second fiddle in South Dakota for the second time this season (the Jacks edged NSU 88-87 in Brookings earlier in the year). But that did not happen, as the Wolves made the most of their second chance and stunned the Jacks crowd into silence with an 88-82 win. It was SDSUs first post-season loss at Frost Arena and broke a 22-game home win streak.

First team All American Ryan Miller was simply superhuman at State, exploding for 45 points on a sizzling 9-of-15 shooting from 3-point range. Down the stretch, Miller put the team on this shoulders, scoring 29 in the second half and 20 of his team's last 27 points. But his performance also rubbed off on his teammates, as NSU shot a scorching 17-of-29 from behind the arc. Many times in the second half, the great SDSU fan base would raise the audio level through the roof when Northern had the ball in a key moment, trying to help their team make a defensive stop to help start a Jackrabbit run. But Northern answered each challenge, many times by raining in long 3's that calmed the crowd's thunderous decibel storms. In the end, an uncommon noise was heard in Frost Arena as the opposing team's fans took care of the auditorium's audio with chants of "N-S-U!" as the Wolves cut down the nets.
                        First post on your guys' board, but I post on Bisonville quite frequently so you might recognize my user name. Anyway, just wanted to say that my cousin played on that 98 Northern team. Didnt' they go on to lose the first game of the elite eight because Miller couldn't hit the broad side of a barn?

Comment

I wanted to announce the newest SDSU Jackrabbit fan.

Her name is Britta and she was born at 8:51 this morning, 7lb 14 oz and 19 1/2" long. She should be home in time so her sister and her can listen to the Jacks pound the Coyotes on Friday night, both the women and men!!
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSU grad

First post on your guys' board, but I post on Bisonville quite frequently so you might recognize my user name.  Anyway, just wanted to say that my cousin played on that 98 Northern team.  Didnt' they go on to lose the first game of the elite eight because Miller couldn't hit the broad side of a barn?
                            You are correct. Miller went cold and Northern went home.

Comment

Regarding that Northern game in 1998. I hate the thought that Ryan Miller beat us. But, it was a game for the ages. Now, five years later, Northern fans still cling to that moment and I guess I don't blame them. Fifty years from now, some of the older people of Aberdeen will tell their grandchildren about the time Northern beat SDSU.

A granchild will look into his grandparent's eyes with a look of disbelief. His first question will be, "Do you mean that the team (SDSU) that won the national basketball championship last night used to play other schools in South Dakota?" Then, the second question will be, "Did Aberdeen used to have a college?"

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
                                Regarding that Northern game in 1998.  I hate the thought that Ryan Miller beat us.  But, it was a game for the ages.  Now, five years later, Northern fans still cling to that moment and I guess I don't blame them.  Fifty years from now, some of the older people of Aberdeen will tell their grandchildren about the time Northern beat SDSU.  

A granchild will look into his grandparent's eyes with a look of disbelief.  His first question will be, "Do you mean that the team (SDSU) that won the national basketball championship last night used to play other schools in South Dakota?"  Then, the second question will be, "Did Aberdeen used to have a college?"
                                Very nice! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X