Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

I can't believe this. The team I watched at the Pentagon in November is not this team. The team I watched at home against NDSU is not this team.

Otz grew up as a coach and my goodness did he coach these boys. I was the first to criticize him earlier this year when we sat in the trash zone and had no rotation. Well guess what, Otz had these guys playing INCREDIBLE defense and figured out one hell of a rotation. He maximized these guys' talents. I couldn't be more proud for Otz.

WE'RE GOING DANCING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
      I'm physically shaking. Can't believe that just happened. What a team man. I was ready to give up on these guys after the only 2 times I got to watch them live in December. The toughness absolutely cannot be questioned and that starts with the coach. TJ has no questions about his offensive mind and he's proven now that he can coach defense as well. When he gets 'his' guys in here the next few years I'm afraid we may be doing this coaching search thing again after a few more conference titles.

I'm guessing that will be our last win until next year, 18-16 probably won't end in a great matchup for us. But man, this might be the sweetest one we've had. Our other teams were so talented and this one just has the brass balls. Enjoy it my friends! I sure am
      Could get another 16 in a play-in game.

If you told me 2 months ago this team would be going dancing, I would have had someone check your mental capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

19 turnovers but Jacks murdered them on the boards. 44-25

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          TJs a pretty ****ty coach.
          TJ is a pretty pretty coach....that is just gay man.

Comment

Yep, I'm still hard.

Comment

Had to stop back by here tonight. Have not been here since shortly after you hired TJ. SOOOO excited for Otz and your team. I know the season was anything but smooth for you guys but the team is finally hitting it's stride and I wish you the best. I am hoping my Cyclones get sent to Milwaukee first round in NCAA so that our three Milwaukee guys Otz recruited to ISU can return home for the Dance and ISU fans can flood Milwaukee, but it would be really cool if SDSU got sent there so TJ could go home, coach there in his hometown and have all your Milwaukee recruits come out and watch the game. Just don't want to have it be us facing you in the game.... Mega congrats and best wishes from Cyclone country!

Comment

Mike daum is a bad bad man. I wish I owned some of his stock!!

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                  The trolls have been pretty quiet lately.
                  I noticed Mike Miller has now come around on twitter. No more potshots from him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Hats off to Coach Otz and the staff.
                    I second this motion.

Also congrats to Omaha. Its a long road from D2 and to come so close has to be heartbreaking.

I say this every time we make the NCAA tournament: Enjoy the ride. Savor every news story, every press clipping, every tweet. You never know when we'll be back.

Comment

I really enjoy Otz's demeanor on the sidelines when it comes to calls he doesn't like. One question and maybe a face and move on. It carries over into your players when you have that mentality. I think calls get in some teams heads (cough cough) when the coach reacts big to calls he doesn't like. Otz just focuses on coaching up our guys. From that to how he handled the pressure over the zone thing as a first year coach replacing a successful mainstay like he did, I think we made an OK hire.

And hats off to the guys for keeping their focus and not quitting all season, grinding it out and coming together. Super impressive. If we happen to catch someone on a night where guys like Flatten, Hess, and Telly get hot from 3 we could be super dangerous.

Also, super shout out to Orris man. That dude just wasn't going to let us lose when we had dead spots on offense and he saw an opening.

How badass did Daum look tearing it up wearing a shiner from beating USeD tho? Just awesome tournament by all the guys.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

If you told me 2 months ago this team would be going dancing, I would have had someone check your mental capacity.

Some basketball experts think they could get a 15 seed
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

How about that lazy SOB Theisen. Five points and a couple huge boards. And Howell manned up in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post

**** had you told me Feb 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Unreal. From 1-5 to start the conference season to this. Hats off to Coach Otz and the staff.
                              They did a good job with some of those DII guys that turned out to be SLT Champs!
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                                Some basketball experts think they could get a 15 seed
                                Yeah, that's absolutely possible it all depends on how things shake out in other conferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X