Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: vs. Omaha for the SLT Championship!!!

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You are correct...I just read up on it...I was wrong. The extra four teams are considered part of the tournament. A win would count...I retract my statement in full.
    I have always enjoyed trans AM bisons posts. He just gave me another reason to like him.

Comment

Minimizing your place in the tournament? Could you have any more of a chip on your shoulder? Did I say I thought you should be a play in team? Did I even make any mention of what seed you should or shouldn't be? No. All I said is a hypothetical play in game does not count as a tournament win. That minimizes your place? Talk about reading comprehension.
      I thought you knew it was a 68 team tournament and trying to minimize the Jacks play if they were in the first four games. You weren't trolling, just uneducated. My bad

Comment

All this talk about play-in games has me wondering. Is a play-in game worth the same as the rest of the games for revenue sharing? As I understand it, each game a team appears in is worth a unit of $X per unit. The more you win, the more units you get. The conferences then split that up among their members. The Summit has been a one-and-done conference so, for example, State's appearance in one game last year is projected to bring the Summit $1.67 MM over six years. Is the play-in game worth a full unit like the rest of the tournament games?

Comment

You are correct...I just read up on it...I was wrong. The extra four teams are considered part of the tournament. A win would count...I retract my statement in full.
          Now that we got you educated you can discuss the "impressiveness" of a first four game win. I don't think you would get much argument that it's not as good as knocking off a five seed.

One thing to consider is a win gives the conference another "share" of the tourney revenue. That's not insignificant and benefits everyone in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
            All this talk about play-in games has me wondering. Is a play-in game worth the same as the rest of the games for revenue sharing? As I understand it, each game a team appears in is worth a unit of $X per unit. The more you win, the more units you get. The conferences then split that up among their members. The Summit has been a one-and-done conference so, for example, State's appearance in one game last year is projected to bring the Summit $1.67 a year for five years. Is the play-in game worth a full unit like the rest of the tournament games?
            I believe it is. I could be wrong but I seem remember it being worth a full share.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I believe it is. I could be wrong but I seem remember it being worth a full share.
              This article supports your belief: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...hares/6534223/

One upside of a play-in would be the opportunity to double the Summit's take.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola View Post
                This article supports your belief: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...hares/6534223/

One upside of a play-in would be the opportunity to double the Summit's take.
                Which was why I was perplexed with TAB's trying to diminish the win. It's not as sexy as a 12/5 upset but it's not insignificant either. Turns out TAB was uneducated.

Comment

Which was why I was perplexed with TAB's trying to diminish the win. It's not as sexy as a 12/5 upset but it's not insignificant either. Turns out TAB was uneducated.
                  It's kind of funny that some 16 seeds will make double what other 16 seeds and likely all of the other 15 seeds will make. The flip side, of course, is that they have a brutal schedule where they have to travel to play in Dayton and then jump on a plane to play a 1 seed two days later.

Comment

TAB is a good guy and is mostly objective and fun to have around so I will cut him some slack on this one. Hey what is on the tailgate menu this year?

Comment

Ideal Situation. Jacks get a 16 seed with First 4 and win. Big Sky champ gets 15 seed and loses. That way NDSU gets $1.5 million to offset budget cuts and UND has to make more cuts, as they don't get Summit League or Big Fluffy money.

Go State!

Comment

Now that we got you educated you can discuss the "impressiveness" of a first four game win. I don't think you would get much argument that it's not as good as knocking off a five seed.

One thing to consider is a win gives the conference another "share" of the tourney revenue. That's not insignificant and benefits everyone in the conference.
                        With what has been discussed and my subsequent education, I don't think it would be fair for me to discuss the impressiveness of a play-in win. You play the hand you are dealt...hopefully with a win and added momentum for the next game. With that all said, I highly doubt SDSU will get the play-in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          TAB is a good guy and is mostly objective and fun to have around so I will cut him some slack on this one. Hey what is on the tailgate menu this year?
                          How did you know we have been researching and experimenting? Guess we have go close the blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                            I have always enjoyed trans AM bisons posts. He just gave me another reason to like him.
                            Me too. TAB is a valuable member of the board. I like having him aboard.

Comment

KWSN has a Mike Daum interview that will play at 3:40 today. Gaskins says it's a really good one that has some insights into how the season progressed.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                KWSN has a Mike Daum interview that will play at 3:40 today. Gaskins says it's a really good one that has some insights into how the season progressed.
                                TJ is on with Barreiro with KFAN currently. Will be Podcasted later today

Comment

Working...
                                X