• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: vs Denver in Round 1 of the SLT

#ChucktheRoundball

#DefendtheRoundball

#HashtagWars
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: GDT: vs Denver in Round 1 of the SLT

#FrostSouth

#BeThere
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Wow no talk about ndsu losing yet. I truly think we are the favorite now. Anytime at this level you have the best player imo you have the best chance. Here's to mike daum playing well this week!!!!! Ndsu was the one team I was worried about because they can play the grind it out defense that typically wins this thing. Fortunately for us iupui couldn't miss last night.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
        Wow no talk about ndsu losing yet. I truly think we are the favorite now. Anytime at this level you have the best player imo you have the best chance. Here's to mike daum playing well this week!!!!! Ndsu was the one team I was worried about because they can play the grind it out defense that typically wins this thing. Fortunately for us iupui couldn't miss last night.
        I continue to think USD is still the favorite. They had their "near-death experience" last night, a bit similar to our several NDE's in last year's tournament. If we get past Denver, I think the USD/SDSU winner will win the thing, although I can also see any of the three remaining teams in the other bracket winning "on any given Tuesday" as well.

We need to beat Denver before worrying about anything else, though.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There's a lot of talk about NDSU losing in the Summit Tournament thread.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I continue to think USD is still the favorite. They had their "near-death experience" last night, a bit similar to our several NDE's in last year's tournament. If we get past Denver, I think the USD/SDSU winner will win the thing, although I can also see any of the three remaining teams in the other bracket winning "on any given Tuesday" as well.

the line is 3 points. This is a home game and at times is even more of a home court advantage than frost. At frost games after we got rid of straight zone defense the closest game we had was 7 points vs oral Roberts. Our other wins were by 10, 14, and 24. I'm shocked this is only 3 points.

Comment

the line is 3 points. This is a home game and at times is even more of a home court advantage than frost. At frost games after we got rid of straight zone defense the closest game we had was 7 points vs oral Roberts. Our other wins were by 10, 14, and 24. I'm shocked this is only 3 points.
              Most books already up to -4. I'm not too surprised with this being a lower spread, as it means everything for both teams this time, instead of just being a regular season game. I don't expect SDSU to blow Denver out, but I would be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Whoever does the lines, they don't care about us much because we are a mid-major. Also, all they know is the game is at a neutral site; they don't realize it's in the middle of Jackrabbit country!
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Watching the game it wasn't that IUPUI couldn't miss, they weren't that hot shooting. They shot better than the bison did, but IMO NDSU was flat as hell. They couldn't make a bucket and Dex didn't play with the energy he always has against Daum.

Hope we lay a whoopin into Denver! With NDSU going down I won't go so far as calling us favorites, but I would say it bumps our chances by 15-20%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    Whoever does the lines, they don't care about us much because we are a mid-major. Also, all they know is the game is at a neutral site; they don't realize it's in the middle of Jackrabbit country!
                    The lines are adjusted based on betting action. If bettors thought it was skewed one way or the other it'll move. Books want 50% of the money on each side. The people who set these lines arent dumb and the process to set them is pretty sophisticated. Its not just a couple guys throwing random numbers around.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Agreed. I'd say USD is the obvious favorite. I feel the way ladt nights game went made them way more dangerous even.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Howell with 2 dumb plays already.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Howell with 2 dumb plays already.
                          And promptly taken out by TJ

Comment

Hess check? Something happen to him?

He's out there now. Was in warmup shirt. Was nervous.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

These refs sure like blowing their whistles. Lot of touch fouls both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                              X