Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU @ ORU

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    I hope you all were listening to the post game show on the radio with Tyler. He burst out laughing when he read the crowd attendance before signing out. Even he knows it's a joke!
    No...Watching that crap was enough for me...I didn't need to listen to a post-game interview too. I think I'm good for a while, I mean a long long while.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      No...Watching that crap was enough for me...I didn't need to listen to a post-game interview too. I think I'm good for a while, I mean a long long while.
      Same. I am embarrassed we run that out there. It's something, but it isn't basketball. Good lord.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Same. I am embarrassed we run that out there. It's something, but it isn't basketball. Good lord.
        Exactly. Certainly isn't D-1 level competent basketball. Like someone said earlier...if this is the defense we run out there, we just as well play like Grinnell in D3 or Loyola Marymount back in the day and try to score 150.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          We played the entire game in zone defense. Gave up 101 and 94 points in back to back games.
          I like how Tyler asked TJ about the second half defensive letdowns after the Western Illinois game. They said that the players couldn't hear the coaches in the second half so the players would have to communicate better. The next two games, SDSU allows 55 and 50 points in the first half. They haven't played much better in the second half but without the fouling in the Omaha game they would have probably allowed about 10-15 less points in the second half.

Comment

For those counting we've now been outscored in the second half 15 out of 18 times vs division 1 opponents.

Comment

I wonder how Klink is feeling about the season so far?

Comment

Reading the presser. Tj just does not get it. We didn't lose because of offense.

Comment

Serious question here. What the hell does TJ expect out of our offense? Last night we shoot 52% from 2, 38% from 3, score 88 points and our post game comments are about how a couple possessions we didn't "value" the ball enough!?!?! What. The. F*ck.

I'm far from a basketball expert, but it seems pretty obvious to me our defense is atrocious. Last night Bob U shot 50% from 2 and 32% from 3. A team didn't torch us from 3 and still scored north of 90 points and beat us.

I'm quickly losing patience with TJ's reluctance to acknowledge that defense is the main problem. We keep hearing energy and effort. If you watched last night the guys played hard. It's the scheme that isn't working.

Comment

Just for the record, attendance for the game was listed at 2,812. Judging from my computer feed, attendance looked more like a few hundred. Weak math skills? Maybe ORU just buys into the political practice of making up facts.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Just for the record, attendance for the game was listed at 2,812. Judging from my computer feed, attendance looked more like a few hundred. Weak math skills? Maybe ORU just buys into the political practice of making up facts.
                      They've always announced tickets sold not attendance.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We are currently ranked 338 out of 351 in adjusted defensive efficiency.

http://kenpom.com/index.php

Pretty sure it isn't our offense losing the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Ugh! We need to make an adjustment. It's that simple.

I'd also like to see Zimmer start asking some tough questions instead of writing articles about how SDSU isn't Gonzaga and we shouldn't expect to win 20 games every year. I wasn't sure what to expect this year, but our performance on defense is horrid and the refusal to acknowledge that and make adjustments is borderline unacceptable.

Comment

But this defense gives us the best chance to win, we just need to start playing with more energy #sarcasm

Comment

This is unbelievable. Well, its believable due to our performance to date, but its unbelievable that we've fallen so far so quickly as a defensive team. SDSU teams have always played solid man to man defense as long as I can remember. I've said this 10 times in the last two weeks. Defense is the constant that keeps a team in ball games when things aren't going correctly on offense. Defense is about effort, energy, positioning, and good scouting reports. Are we failing at all of this?

Defense is coached and taught. It becomes a mentality. If we are this weak defensively, it screams that we are soft. That is what pisses me off the most.

We should expect to win 20 games every year. Why would we not? We expect to be in the playoffs every year in football.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Ugh! We need to make an adjustment. It's that simple.

I'd also like to see Zimmer start asking some tough questions instead of writing articles about how SDSU isn't Gonzaga and we shouldn't expect to win 20 games every year. I wasn't sure what to expect this year, but our performance on defense is horrid and the refusal to acknowledge that and make adjustments is borderline unacceptable.
                                Zimmee will not write anything bad because with a new coach zimmer wants to be able to continue to get good access with otz. If he starts asking tough questions he will get less and less access. That's my opinion based off of zimmer defending tj.

338th ranked defense and have played strictly zone these last 11 games or so. The worst part is all he talks about is offense. There is no way he can be that naive. Time to ugly some games up.

If tj was smart the first game he would run man is vs ipfw....then he can say told you so.

Comment

Working...
                                X