Jackrabbits @ Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits @ Western Illinois

A big weekend for the Jacks starts tonight at Western Illinois.

This is a good opportunity for the Jacks to get a road win in conference. WIU is 1-1 in conference after a road trip last weekend to IPFW and IUPUI. They beat IPFW in an upset in overtime and then were smoked by IUPUI. So, it is a little hard to tell what you will get from the Leathernecks. Their overall record is 4-9.

Bottom line is winning on the road in this conference is tough every game. However, this would look to be one of the most winnable games on the road.

Hopefully the Jacks can get off to a good start in the first half and follow it up with a good second half and get a needed road W. For you degenerates out there it looks like the Leathernecks are favored by 1.

The Jacks return home to face a 7-8, 0-2 Omaha Maverick team on Saturday.

Good chance to get a couple wins and move up!

GBGBGJ!!!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Jackrabbits @ Western Illinois
    The Leathernecks played their first 2 on the road for conference. They surprised the Mastodons with 93 points and a record 18 made 3 pointers at Fort Wayne. 93 points is not the Molanari Leathernecks. The Leathernecks are shooting about 22 treys per game and making 39.7% from long distance. They are shooting a solid 44.7% from the field overall. Yet they are still 4-9 with their other D1 victory coming at the expense of Milwaukee which is the common OOC opponent with the Jackrabbits. The Jackrabbits are 19-2 during the Summit years when playing WIU. A good shooting Leatherneck team will test the zone some tonight. The defense is forcing 32 long shots per contest and the Leathernecks normally take 22 long shots. This is a road win needed to keep in the hunt for the top of the conference. Jackrabbits have enough talent on the team to give some help to Mike Daum. Jackrabbits should get the first road win in conference. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This game looks like a 50/50 game to me. In Vegas Western is a 1 1/2 point favorite. This would be a nice one to get on the road. Get a road win tonight & hold serve at home on Saturday.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Should be an easy w tonight for the jacks!!

Comment

The Jacks have got to win games like this in order to ensure the team a spot in the Summit League tourney. Nine teams are battling for eight slots. Without a clear-cut first-place or last-place team in the league, the regular season will be a dog fight.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            The Jacks have got to win games like this in order to ensure the team a spot in the Summit League tourney. Nine teams are battling for eight slots. Without a clear-cut first-place or last-place team in the league, the regular season will be a dog fight.
            agreed. The team needs to win this one. And it certainly isn't guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
              WIU knocked off IPFW, and I'm not counting any game on the road as an easy W this year, but especially not the team that took out the team that beat Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

What scares me is our 2h results....vs division one opponents we have been outscored in the second half 13 out of 15 times. That has to improve in conference play. I'm not sure if teams are scoring more because they're making the right adjustments or what but that stat is alarming.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                  I hope you're right, but I think the days of easy W's in the Summit are gone. Especially on the road.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

I think if we can hold them under 70 we win.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                      I hope you're right, but I think the days of easy W's in the Summit are gone. Especially on the road.

Go Rabbits!
                      I agree, there's going to be a lot of close games. I don't believe we'll get blown out or blow very many teams out. Must learn to win close games.

Comment

No video, apparently. It's 1995 in Macomb.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          No video, apparently. It's 1995 in Macomb.
                          Really?! I hadn't checked yet but assumed it would be since Western Illinois has always shown their home basketball feeds for as long as I can remember.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Nothing listed on ESPN3. No video on gojacks.

Interesting that WIU has the same provider (Sidearm) as us, and has video, but not sharing with gojacks.com. Neat.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Nothing listed on ESPN3. No video on gojacks.

Interesting that WIU has the same provider (Sidearm) as us, and has video, but not sharing with gojacks.com. Neat.
                              http://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=315

Premium Access. $5.95 for 24 hr access

Comment

Working...
                              X