GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Drake Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Drake Bulldogs

Jacks win 83-75. Nothing too impressive but got a win against a team we should have. Drake played with a lot more energy than we did most of the 2nd half but we made some plays when we needed to secure the win. Daum perfect again tonight from the line. Up to 43 or something in a row which is now a school record. According to the MediaCom broadcast guys.

Comment

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Drake Bulldogs

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Theisen with some lazy offensive rebounds and lazy buckets.
      I noticed that too. He had a few big plays tonight. Though not pretty, it was good to see the team get a win with Daum having foul issues. Some other people had to pick up the weight. Wallace, in particular, threw in a few extra points.

Our FT shooting comes in really handy when trying to wrap up a tight game too. It's like having a good closer in baseball.

A win is a win and now we have one on the road.

Comment

Wallace gave instant offense whenever he came in the game. Kind of like Vinnie" the Microwave" Johnson in the old Detroit Piston days. TJ finally had to use Wallace at the point when El Darwich and Orris kept turning it over trying to pass it over the top of the 1-3-1.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
          What happened to El Darwich? He's been MIA this half, and haven't played well without him.
          I think TJ decided to ride Wallace at point since he was playing well. Sergio had a couple WTF passes in this game and I have to believe that lead to him sitting.

Still really like El-Darwich as our point guard, but he has been prone to some "freshman" moments on the floor here and there.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

A wins a win especially on the road!!!

but boy drake looked awful minus a few runs. For a while it was the battle of the 1-3-1's

Comment

The 47% shooting from the field is huge. The 21-25 from the line is huge. Telly plays 38 minutes and Hess turns in 33 minutes and they both play a solid game. Hess had trouble from the long range, but he was a big part of the defense with 7 rebounds. It seems that all the players are improving at the free throw line. 1-3-1 is still like reading Greek for me. I do not understand the finer points other than a tall guy out front is a plus and it is good when the other team shoots less than 28% from long range. Drake's only win is over Simpson which is D3 team. The Jackrabbits now have a road win. 7-7
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I liked the lineup of Orris, Wallace, Hess, Telly and Daum that was on the floor when we made that first half run. With the three 3-point shooters on the floor together, they were really able to spread the defense and make it harder to double up on Daum.

Comment

I'm sure most of you have watched this, but here are the game's highlights. This one is different from others because you get to hear TJ talk to the team after the game. So if you want to know what he's saying in the locker room this gives us a small idea. (Locker room speech starts at 3:43.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7B8...0&spfreload=10
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

A ROAD WIN!!!!!

That is a big deal when you don't have one. I don't care who it is against. I remember a few year's back when Dykstra and White were seniors that they didn't win one until the game in conference at Denver. That wears on a team. Yes, we should've beat Drake and by worse. On to the next which will be a big test.

I thought Ian Thiessen played very well tonight. He sure can't catch a break on here. He had some big rebounds and put backs and I thought he was better defensively. The system we are playing sure isn't built for him but he is working hard. We need him to be good.

Like others have said, a win with Daum in foul trouble was good. Wallace was a real spark! Telly was solid.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Nice balanced effort by the Rabbits tonight. Many contributions from many different sources. Ian had his best game of the season. Active on the offenisve glass and scored a few buckets to help the cause.

A road win is a road win. Case in point the flop call against Telly in the second half -brutal call. I found this stat interesting. We all know the Rabbits have the second longest home winning streak in the country - 34 games. Any ideas on the longest road winning streak in D1 mens hoops?

Five games held by four teams including our opponent Thursday night. http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2017/stats
                      I understand many of the big boys don't play on the road until the conference season, but it's amazing to me the difference between playing at home and away in college basketball.

Looking forward to Thursday - Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                        A road win is a road win. Case in point the flop call against Telly in the second half -brutal call. I found this stat interesting. We all know the Rabbits have the second longest home winning streak in the country - 34 games. Any ideas on the longest road winning streak in D1 mens hoops?

Five games held by four teams including our opponent Thursday night. http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2017/stats
                        I understand many of the big boys don't play on the road until the conference season, but it's amazing to me the difference between playing at home and away in college basketball.

Another example: A 4-4 Summit road record for SDSU was good enough for a championship last year. If we are able to match that this year we'd probably earn an off day on Sunday at the Summit Tournament. .500 seems like a relatively low bar but it is reality and speaks to the difficulty of winning on the road.

Keep that in mind on Thursday night when we run into a buzz-saw at Witchita State!

Comment

It is interesting to look at the link from 6-4-3. Currently the longest road streak in college basketball is 5 and it is shared by 4 teams.,
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            I'm sure most of you have watched this, but here are the game's highlights. This one is different from others because you get to hear TJ talk to the team after the game. So if you want to know what he's saying in the locker room this gives us a small idea. (Locker room speech starts at 3:43.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7B8...0&spfreload=10
                            For those of you who thought Ian was "lazy" vs. Drake - you should watch the video of TJ talking to the team in the locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                              Nice balanced effort by the Rabbits tonight. Many contributions from many different sources. Ian had his best game of the season. Active on the offenisve glass and scored a few buckets to help the cause.

The difficulty of winning on the road is obvious and yet the P5 schools rarely travel before conference. Makes it nearly impossible for mid-majors to compete for at-large bids in March. I'd love to see the NCAA mandate that the P5 schools go on the road a minimum number of games to mid-majors OOC. It'll never happen but it would give us a better idea who deserves an at-large bid.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                For those of you who thought Ian was "lazy" vs. Drake - you should watch the video of TJ talking to the team in the locker room.
                                He plays his role and plays it well IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X