Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Milwaukee

Time to get a win!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: GDT: Milwaukee

After the games on Friday, I thought this would be the best chance for a win this weekend. But Milwaukee played much better against Irvine. They really played good defense, getting in passing lanes and their guards have quick hands that got them a lot of steals. They are a good passing team that got their bigs some easy baskets inside. If the Friday team shows up the Jacks have a good chance, but if the Saturday team returns, we will have our hands full. The game will be on FSN North if you can't get to the Pentagon.

Comment

Interesting tidbit about today's match up. Coach Otz was initially thought to be the next head coach for Milwaukee...until he wasn't.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...arch/82961460/
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Depth and conditioning will come into play more than usual today. It looked like Theissen was hurting a bit in the second half and Gentry injured his hand late in the game. We'll probably need both if we're going to close this event out with a win.

Milwaukee did not have much height but they sure worked hard on defense yesterday. They were all over the ball when an opponent got anywhere near the lane. I expect that will be trouble.

I'm hoping to see more defensive progress. It sounds like the 1-3-1 is going to be our base defense so keep working at it. There certainly has be progress on that side of the ball. The offense: no comment!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Depth and conditioning will come into play more than usual today. It looked like Theissen was hurting a bit in the second half and Gentry injured his hand late in the game. We'll probably need both if we're going to close this event out with a win.

Milwaukee did not have much height but they sure worked hard on defense yesterday. They were all over the ball when an opponent got anywhere near the lane. I expect that will be trouble.

I'm hoping to see more defensive progress. It sounds like the 1-3-1 is going to be our base defense so keep working at it. There certainly has be progress on that side of the ball. The offense: no comment!
          Right now Im encouraged where we are defensively. We've been ok in the last couple games. BUT the offense has been SOOOOOO bad.

Comment

Joe Gibbs was 0-6 for the Washington football team with the racist nickname, and there were calls for his head. Now he's in the Hall of Fame and on a second successful career. Patience is a virtue in times like this. Get one win and go from there.

Comment

Looks like Thiesen will sit this one out. He's in street clothes sitting on the bench while the rest of the guys warm up.

Comment

Ian not in uniform today.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Ian not in uniform today.
                  Not a big loss. Healthy or not he is giving us nothing on either end of the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Not a big loss. Healthy or not he is giving us nothing on either end of the floor.
                    My feelings as well.

Comment

Looks like El-Darwich is getting the start. Wow.

Comment

22-5 Jackrabbit lead, 10:34 left in 1st half
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Jacks lead 44-19 at the break. Best 20 minutes all year (obviously)

Comment

The movement in the 1-3-1 seems a lot quicker without Theisen. And when they double Daum in the low post, we are moving the ball better and finding the open man.

Comment

I liked this starting line-up and to see Flatten return. We really need him.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                              X