Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: UC Irvine II

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    We don't necessarily need transfers because two of the athletes are going to pay their own way the first year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
      Someone made a comment earlier about getting a Juco guard next year. That along with this post made me think of the scholarship numbers.

13 scholarship players this year

We lose Hess and Orris next year, but we gain 4 freshmen.

That puts us at 15 scholarship players next year, so we will be seeing at least 2 transfers just to get to 13. In order to get a JuCo, we would need three to transfer.

Are my numbers correct?
      With the current rotation would not be surprised to see some kids transferring out.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        With the current rotation would not be surprised to see some kids transferring out.
        Me too. It seems that one or two transfer after a "normal" year. I think we'll have some scholarships available this spring.

It seems that the swing-and-miss on Anders Broman is really haunting us right now. Was there another PG that transferred along the way? Hopefully Gentry and Wallace can make enough progress in the next month to get us by. It is so strange to see us struggle with the ball after a long smooth stretch with Wolters and Marshall.

Comment

Actuallu, I felt like there was progress last night. Defensively they were better. UCI Has led r nation in defensive FG % the last two years I'm not mistaken. That is what they do. Add in a struggling Jacks team and the outcome was predictable. Not sure why we played nearly 100% zone defense. Maybe just working on it for future. A tough way to play long term.

Games don't matter until the conference season. Give the players and coaches time.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogs53 View Post
            Is Skyler hurt and did King play himself out of the lineup? To replace both players is ridiculous. King brings intangibles and a toughness that no other player brings. To replace him with a player who all he does is shoots threes is not a fair exchange. And to pour salt on the wound plays him only 10 minutes. The coach needs to get his starters in place and then work on his rotation. Don't think his reactionary coaching changes is benefiting anyone team or player. Reid was having an off game did he need 35-minutes? Really confused with the coaching staff decision making.
            King has been turnover prone, but he still plays quite a bit. His toughness and aggressiveness are pluses. I don't know what the deal is with Flatten. He started a game or two, and now he's on the bench. He didn't play at all Friday night against the Irvine. I don't know if injury is a factor or not.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Other than Daum, the entire team is playing with no confidence. It's easy to blame the new coaching staff, but in all honesty more blame should go to Nagy and Co. for getting the team in the sh*tty guard situation we have. Having your best 4 guards graduating and having zero recruits signed going into the spring signing period was almost criminal. That had to be a big factor in him deciding it was time to move on. Coach Otz was left in a no-win situation where he had to take whatever he could cobble together. Orris obviously isn't the answer, and they burned El Darwich's red shirt tonight to try and find someone to provide minutes. No one must be distinguishing themselves in practice either, as it seems like games are a trial and error method to try to find a combination that will click. And the schedule hasn't helped, with only one true home game out of the first 8, which doesn't allow much practice time to fix things.
              El Darwich is nowhere near ready to be on the court. The game is way too fast for him.

Comment

Late to this thread, but always enjoy reading the subjective comments about the players. I would at least credit the coaches with making the decision as to whether they should pull a redshirt.

Comment

Working...
                X