cole gentry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cole gentry

make no mistake about it cole gentry is my favorite jackrabbit, great kid with a good sense of humor
    http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...s-deux/page119

good luck to south dakota state this season in making the ncca tournament dance again, that would also help cal's rpi

when are you guys gonna start a south dakota state monster class thread? (i'll be your unpaid consultant)

Re: cole gentry

Thanks, Shocky. Welcome to the board.
    This space for lease.

Comment

thanks for the welcome jacked up

what's the scheduling philosophy/thought process re: the team's brutal early road trips?

how many fans do you average at home?...what are the scheduling deals with high majors, are they one offs or 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 in terms of away vs home games?

cal will be traveling to seattle university next year as part of a 3-1 which was made during the coach mike montgomery era prior to coach cuonzo martin, i love traveling to new places & seeing new arenas, the roadtrip to wyoming was a lot of fun & allowed our team to bond (and buy warmer jackets) on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Shocky1 View Post

what's the scheduling philosophy/thought process re: the team's brutal early road trips?

how many fans do you average at home?...what are the scheduling deals with high majors, are they one offs or 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 in terms of away vs home games?

cal will be traveling to seattle university next year as part of a 3-1 which was made during the coach mike montgomery era prior to coach cuonzo martin, i love traveling to new places & seeing new arenas, the roadtrip to wyoming was a lot of fun & allowed our team to bond (and buy warmer jackets) on the road
        We can't get anybody (for the most part) to visit Frost Arena. We've dropped 3 games at home in the last 5 years....63-3 at home over that time frame. A P5 program won't even consider visiting due to risk of a loss. Keep in mind we've been a hell of a lot better the last 5 years than we've showed so far this season.

Comment

We have won the conference tournament 3 of the last 5 years and went to the big dance so we are normally a good team. We normally don't get "good' teams to come to Brookings. That means you have to travel to play the good teams. The last couple of years we have had better teams come to South Dakota but they play us in Sioux Falls (50 miles south of Brookings). This season we get UC Irvine, East Tennessee State and Milwaukee coming to play a round robin tournament Nov 25-27th.

The best teams coming to Brookings this season are Murray State (bracket buster payback game), Idaho and UMKC. Last season, Weber State and UC Santa Barbara came to town. With the new coach, we will try to get better teams to come to Brookings. Since he was an assistant at Iowa State and Washington, he might have some connections. We will see how that pans out. We had Doug McDermott come to his hiring and ESPN 3 had somebody here for our midnight madness or whatever it's called now.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            We had Doug McDermott come to his hiring and ESPN 3 had somebody here for our midnight madness or whatever it's called now.
            *Greg
            *CBS

Comment

Gary Parrish from CBS.

Comment

63-3 at frost arena the last couple of seasons is a remarkable home court advantage, thank you for the insights re: the scheduling challenges for mid majors

Comment

glad to hear cole went for 10 points with 4 assists, my bears could've used gentry last nite in our loss to them san diego state aztecs, sorry we're not helping your rpi
                  http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...s-deux/page125

Comment

glad to hear cole went for 10 points with 4 assists, my bears could've used gentry last nite in our loss to them san diego state aztecs, sorry we're not helping your rpi
                    http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...s-deux/page125
                    You lost too the wrong SDSU. could have done us some favors there but beating them and not us.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      You lost too the wrong SDSU. could have done us some favors there but beating them and not us.
                      well if the game had been played in frost arena you might've gotten your wish

Comment

irony: i now know that cole already knew who charlie moore is when i asked him that question

cole is from st charles illinois & charlie was mr basketball in illinois from chicago, both are true freshmen

anybody know if they played against each other in high school?

Comment

...both are true freshmen...
                          Gentry is a redshirt freshman

Comment

congrats on the win over a quality milwaukee basketball program, why didn't cole play?
                            http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...s-deux/page130

Comment

congrats on the win over a quality milwaukee basketball program, why didn't cole play?
                              http://bearinsider.com/forums/showth...s-deux/page130
                              Hurt his hand on Sat. Also, it appears both Sergio and Wallace have passed him on the depth chart.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                              X