replied
    Re: Future Rosters

Great news!

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Good for him and that's a big boost for next year. It seems like he's been here forever, on the fringes of making an impact. It would have been a shame to see it end so quickly after he finally "arrived". Also, there's a chance that this will be one more factor that keeps Daum on board.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Skyler Flatten given 6th year.
    http://gojacks.com/news/2018/1/12/me...igibility.aspx

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied
    Future Rosters

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I believe it is any type of a school scholarship, so if SDSU offered the scholarship, or if the scholarship had to be used at SDSU it would count. I think if they are universal scholarships, they don't count. So if you have a 6 scholarships from Wal-Mart, and the local Farmers Union and those type that can be used anywhere it doesn't count. But if it is a SDSU endowment fund scholarship that would count against the limit.
    This definitely can’t be right. In this scenario local businesses would just sponsor athletes via scholarships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    There must be some type of exception, because we were at the 13 scholarship limit during fall semester when Polk-Hilliard was still here. Maybe when the player is redshirting and not actually competing ?

I believe it is any type of a school scholarship, so if SDSU offered the scholarship, or if the scholarship had to be used at SDSU it would count. I think if they are universal scholarships, they don't count. So if you have a 6 scholarships from Wal-Mart, and the local Farmers Union and those type that can be used anywhere it doesn't count. But if it is a SDSU endowment fund scholarship that would count against the limit.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I seem to recall seeing something to the effect of a basketball or football player (specifically, those sports) that receives a scholarship of any kind from the school will count against the NCAA roster limit for scholarships, regardless of the type of scholarship. Other sports aren't that restricted but BB and FB are.

Been a long time since I read the NCAA Manual though.
    There must be some type of exception, because we were at the 13 scholarship limit during fall semester when Polk-Hilliard was still here. Maybe when the player is redshirting and not actually competing ?

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I seem to recall seeing something to the effect of a basketball or football player (specifically, those sports) that receives a scholarship of any kind from the school will count against the NCAA roster limit for scholarships, regardless of the type of scholarship. Other sports aren't that restricted but BB and FB are.

That would mean if a walk-on had any type of scholarship they would count. I know Duke has a couple walk-ons every year. With what it costs to go to school there and its prestigious academic reputation I have trouble believing that they would be paying their full way but then again lots of people have lots of money.

I understand the spirit of that rule, to keep schools with lots of money from essentially hoarding recruits but it also seems it would detrimentally affect a walk-on type player.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Someone said in an earlier post that Dentlinger is on an academic scholarship this year.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    Since Polk-Hilliard left the team can his scholarship transfer to Brown for one semester. I know he has a broke arm but it would be nice to help out the guy for his hard work, enthusiasm, and time. It would be different if we brought somebody else in that needed it but I don't think that happened. Unless Dentlinger could use the scholarship.
    Someone said in an earlier post that Dentlinger is on an academic scholarship this year.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Since Polk-Hilliard left the team can his scholarship transfer to Brown for one semester. I know he has a broke arm but it would be nice to help out the guy for his hard work, enthusiasm, and time. It would be different if we brought somebody else in that needed it but I don't think that happened. Unless Dentlinger could use the scholarship.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
    Aaron Fiegen: 6'7 F - 21 PPG for #1 ranked Madison
    I’ve been told Aaron is now taller than his brother Tony, but will probably need a year as a redshirt to gain weight.

Leave a comment:

• Project-Badass
    replied

Here's how some future Jacks have been performing so far this season:

2018:

Matt Mimms: 5'11 G - 21.8 PPG on 51.5% shooting, 43.1% on 3's, 71.2% on FT, 5 APG, and 2.56 STLPG

Aaron Fiegen: 6'7 F - 21 PPG for #1 ranked Madison

Owen King: 6'1 G - 19 PPG, including a couple 30 point games.

2019:

Baylor Scheierman: G - Couldn't find any stats, but he's listed at 6'6 on some websites, opposed to 6'3 on verbal commits.

Owen Coburn: 6'11 C - 17.5 PPG on 65.2% shooting, 82.4% FT (42/51), 9.6 RPG, 1.9 BLKPG

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    The "Future Rosters" Thread on the WBB page has been helpful for keeping track of where we are at with scholarships and looking ahead to future years. I figured it was time to start one for MBB.

Senior:
    Reed Tellinghuisen, Forward
    Ian Theisen, Center
    Skyler Flatten, Guard (Pending Medical Waiver, could be a Junior)
    Lane Severyn, Forward

Junior:
    Mike Daum, Forward
    Tevin King, Guard
    Chris Howell, Guard
    Brandon Key, Guard
    Dallas Polk-Hilliard, Forward

Sophomore:
    Beau Brown, Guard (non-scholarship)

Freshmen:
    Alou Dillon, Forward
    Ryan Krueger, Guard
    Alex Arians, Guard
    Matt Dentlinger, Post (Grayshirt)
    David Jenkins Jr., Guard

2018:
    Owen King, PG
    Matt Mims, PG
    Aaron Fiegen, F

2019:
    Owen Coburn, C
    Updated for the recent activity.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    You have to have an active fan base for heads to explode.

Ok, no smack. I'll go sit in my corner.
    I've always been of the belief that it isn't smack if it's true...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Good description of what the newcomers for the Jacks might bring to the table. Looks like they pick Fort Wayne for second. I'm surprised Yote fans heads aren't exploding !
    You have to have an active fan base for heads to explode.

Ok, no smack. I'll go sit in my corner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X