New Staff thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Staff thread

On Bisonville, talk of one of their Assistants possibly being added to SDSU staff. Maybe just talk?

Eric Henderson was on McDermott's staff at Iowa State. Recruiting area is Wisconsin.
    http://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=897

*Both have coached HS BBall at Burlington Catholic in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 04-19-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      On Bisonville, talk of one of their Assistants possibly being added to SDSU staff. Maybe just talk?

Eric Henderson was on McDermott's staff at Iowa State. Recruiting area is Wisconsin.
      http://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=897

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
        Any truth or just talk?

Comment

Any truth or just talk?
          Eric's twitter profile no longer says he is an assistant coach for the Bison and Bisonville poster Mr. Burgundy, who is really in-tune with their basketball program, appears to have confirmed it.

So I'd say the chances are pretty high.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Eric's twitter profile no longer says he is an assistant coach for the Bison and Bisonville poster Mr. Burgundy, who is really in-tune with their basketball program, appears to have confirmed it.

So I'd say the chances are pretty high.
            That's a lot of turnover for the Bison as Freddy Coleman also left in the last week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              That's a lot of turnover for the Bison as Freddy Coleman also left in the last week or two.
              Ill just assume they hate watching the dribble weave as much as everyone else in the conference.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Ill just assume they hate watching the dribble weave as much as everyone else in the conference.
                This actually made me think of something I liked hearing during one of TJ's interviews after getting the Jacks head coaching position:

Coach Otz mentioned that he liked to switch defenses to keep the opposing offense off balanced. This will definitely be a change from Coach Nagy, who preferred to play one type of defense (man-to-man with slight variations based on the opposing team's personnel) and play it well. This was great against certain teams, but it allowed the opposing team to dictate the tempo at times, which I felt hurt our team offense and team energy at times.

Now, the issue of switching defenses up a lot can mean a team will likely be further away from mastery, so it's not always a great thing, but it would be nice to see us get say, the Bison, out of the dribble weave with a zone or use a press to make the opposing offense play faster (and maybe get a turnover) or at least not have to guard that kind of action for so long (as a press can force an offense to take longer to set up).

I think forcing teams like Denver (though maybe not anymore with their new coach) and NDSU to play faster would be beneficial to both our players' energy and our fans' sanity.

Obviously its effectiveness will come down to how well TJ and staff can coach these multiple defenses, but I'm excited about it at least in theory.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Any truth or just talk?
                  Truth ... to be announced Thursday!

Comment

I suspect most of the participants on this board received the email from SDSU athletics stating the basketball staff will be announced tomorrow morning on GoJacks.com and there will be a meet and greet at Cubbys with the staff from 5:30 pm to 7:00.

Comment

So do we hear three names tomorrow? Replacing Krabbenhoft, Cooley, land Sergeant. Any rumors beyond Henderson?

Comment

I can confirm that I have been offered and have accepted a coaching position on Coach Otz's staff. He said that he has seen my occasional posts on SDSUfans.com for the past 11 years and liked what he saw.

(Sidenote: have I really been reading/following SDSUFans for over 10 years?! That's pretty amazing. I have to give a big shoutout to Filbert for maintaining the site for that long)

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/4/2...completed.aspx
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Looks like a solid group - definitely from the McDermott tree. Excited for the future- now to see if/how we fill out any of the 4 remaining openings for the fall.

Comment

This looks like a really good crew. They're young but have a nice mix of experience. There's no time for them to settle in, unfortunately. They're going to have to get to work recruiting right away.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                I can confirm that I have been offered and have accepted a coaching position on Coach Otz's staff. He said that he has seen my occasional posts on SDSUfans.com for the past 11 years and liked what he saw.

(Sidenote: have I really been reading/following SDSUFans for over 10 years?! That's pretty amazing. I have to give a big shoutout to Filbert for maintaining the site for that long)
                                you've imparted some great insight and knowledge throughout.... here's for another 11...

Comment

Working...
                                X