New Staff thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Staff thread

Not that I have any news, but we know Coach Otz will be hiring at least 3-4 coaching staff members. (Cooley, Sargeant, Goff, and Krabbenhoft)

Figured it needed it's own thread.

If we hear about hires... post them and discuss here!

Re: New Staff thread

Coach Otz has updated his twitter to reflect his change of jobs. there is no info there this morning.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Does Mike Daum follow him on Twitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        Does Mike Daum follow him on Twitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I don't think he does yet, but I wouldn't read too much into it. He retweeted three tweets about Otz being the new coach.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Here’s an idea:

Hire Nate Wolters as a Grad Assistant (or maybe just an Assistant.) Would definitely spark interest for the Jackrabbits.
          I also heard he left Turkey, so maybe he’s interested in beginning a coaching career if a team doesn’t pick him up.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
            Here’s an idea:

Hire Nate Wolters as a Grad Assistant (or maybe just an Assistant.) Would definitely spark interest for the Jackrabbits.
            I also heard he left Turkey, so maybe he’s interested in beginning a coaching career if a team doesn’t pick him up.
            How about Barack Obama? He only has until January!
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
              Here’s an idea:

Has he EVER indicated an interest in coaching?

Comment

I think he mentioned towards the end of his collegiate career he would like to coach at some point. He was hoping it would be after a long professional career. I believe Nagy and others said he would do a great job at coaching, also.
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Nate has a few years of playing left.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Anybody know who the guy on the far right is?

https://twitter.com/coachotz/status/721457347671896064

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                      Anybody know who the guy on the far right is?

https://twitter.com/coachotz/status/721457347671896064
                      That's Mike Daum.

Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        That's Mike Daum.

Who is standing in front of Daum?
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

So do the players have to pay for their own meals in this situation? Or can the new coach pick up the tab? I only ask because the NCAA rules are about as clear as mud
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            So do the players have to pay for their own meals in this situation? Or can the new coach pick up the tab? I only ask because the NCAA rules are about as clear as mud
                            It would seem likely since boosters are prohibited from providing this type of benefit for the student athlete. I would expect coaches follow the same protocol.

Comment

Rules were recently lightened regarding meals and food provided to student athletes. FWIR, departments can provide food at anytime where before it had to be in conjunction with a competition or practice.

Comment

Working...
                              X