TJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TJ

I know I'm late but I'm really curious what they're going to do with the extra scholarship players. I'm sure he'd never tell you though.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I know I'm late but I'm really curious what they're going to do with the extra scholarship players. I'm sure he'd never tell you though.
      The player who committed yesterday is paying his own way for a year and then going on scholarship. I'm guessing the same applies to one of the earlier commits. Which all may not be necessary if a player or two leaves after the season, which usually seems to happen.

Comment

What an extremely nice and knowledgeable man that seems to have an excellent grasp of and respect for the tradition associated with men's basketball at SDSU. He gives the impression that he is totally bought in and I think that is why all the players stuck with him. He has turned the reigns over to Daum as the team leader. TJ is confident he will excel in that role.

Latest commit is a "grey shirt". He didn't have a specific explanation for the others except to say there are a number of scenarios in play.

Frost renovation is all but set in stone. New practice facility as well. I believe they said $20 million is already committed, need to raise $20 million more. Feasibility study is under way.

Expects the 2 senior grad transfers both to start. Daum and Telly and then several guys in play for that 5th starter. Will play a fast pace offense and defense will be based off man-to-man but expect more full court and 3/4 trapping and fall back into zone.

Expects Skylar Flatten to be the most surprising of the guys coming back this year.

His goal is to improve the pre-conference home schedule and he feels he has some connections to make that happen. Problem? Coaches don't want to bring teams into Frost, its hard to get to Brookings, its difficult to get back out of S Falls during winter weather and that screws up the next game.

Announced a huge payday game to start the year next season but asked us not to reveal who it is.....

It was a great event. Scott Brown did a great job. The YJC has now provided over $50,000 dollars towards scholarships and facilities. We intend to grow things even more. Hoping some other communities can find a way to do the same thing.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thanks for the report Jackmd.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Announced a huge payday game to start the year next season but asked us not to reveal who it is.....
            Great report back, thank you. However, in regards to the statement above...

I'm really excited about Flatten though, hoping he has a break out year. I think he will fit really well into TJ's scheme.

Comment

Someone will leak the big payday game eventually, I'm sure of it.

TJ also mentioned that Oto Oseanics is the new grad assistant. Maybe someone posted that before. Most of you will recall his unique name from the Gopher's roster.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Someone will leak the big payday game eventually, I'm sure of it.

TJ also mentioned that Oto Oseanics is the new grad assistant. Maybe someone posted that before. Most of you will recall his unique name from the Gopher's roster.
                I'm not too worried about knowing who it is, but will this be a home game?
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm not too worried about knowing who it is, but will this be a home game?
                  If it is a big payday game, it won't be a home game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                    If it is a big payday game, it won't be a home game.
                    Thanks. Read it wrong. I was thinking pay out game got a team to come to Frost.

Comment

Thanks. Read it wrong. I was thinking pay out game got a team to come to Frost.
                      It's a road game and it's a big one. I have every intention to make the trip.

TJ wants to improve the home OOC schedule and he and the AD have a plan to try and do just that. Part of his thinking is play some big road payday games then use some of that money to buy some games in Frost. In addition, TJ feels like we can get some national exposure and get some home and home's with other tough mid-majors.

Comment

It's a road game and it's a big one. I have every intention to make the trip.

TJ wants to improve the home OOC schedule and he and the AD have a plan to try and do just that. Part of his thinking is play some big road payday games then use some of that money to buy some games in Frost. In addition, TJ feels like we can get some national exposure and get some home and home's with other tough mid-majors.
                        I like his plan.You don't get all that much better until you start playing better competition and start to really compete well with better competition.I like a coach who feels confident enough to embrace this strategy.He seems to have a long term vision for the program,but at an accelerated pace,if that makes any sense.

Comment

Zimmer said on his chat today that it was possibly Kansas. We'll see if he's right.

Comment

TJ

Zimmer said on his chat today that it was possibly Kansas. We'll see if he's right.
                            That would be my guess, based on the hype. I'm probably missing a couple but only four programs come immediately to mind for me as a truly "big deal" OOC game: UNC, Duke, Kentucky and Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              That would be my guess, based on the hype. I'm probably missing a couple but only four programs come immediately to mind for me as a truly "big deal" OOC game: UNC, Duke, Kentucky and Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              The programs that you refer may also be on the radar down the road. It does not appear that TJ is looking for one big payday game. This would be an annual expectation.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

https://twitter.com/coachotz/status/773574009275514881

It appears that Creighton will be coming to Frost in 2017!

Comment

Working...
                                X