Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keaton Moffitt

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    How are we not all experts on this topic by now?
    Someone should probably ask terry about it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Someone should probably ask terry about it.
      Lol, SanDakotaState beat you to the punch.

Comment

With the contributions that Keaton has made to this team, I would be so happy for him to see him get another opportunity to play basketball and get a scholarship on top of that. I remember reading a blog he did that really showed how busy he is with class and basketball. To sum it up, he didn't get a lot of sleep or free time. He is so deserving of getting his education finally paid for.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Another year with Moffitt would be a difference maker. I hope it works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            True the P3 year is spent in Sioux Falls. I have no idea how that gets worked out. I know one cross country runner Pharmacy Major who had a year of eligibility left and Coach Dehaven asked him to keep training and compete during that P3 year. The guy had to train by himself in Sioux Falls and catch up with the team for meets on weekends. He had a good year...Coach Dehaven jokingly referred to him in a story Terry Vandrovec did for the Argus, as "Charles Jefferson" (the star football player for Ridgemont High in the film "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"-- those who remember the movie will recall Jefferson was not seen in class and there was speculation he just flew into town for the Friday night games and then left--Fast Times is the movie in which Sean Penn played the iconic pot-head "Jeff Spicoli: ).

If the pharmacy student finishes in the "traditional" six years, years 1 and 2 can be at practically any college or university. Years 3 and 4 are in Brookings. At this point, the student receives a bachelor's degree in pharmaceutical sciences. Year 5 is in Sioux Falls and is considered to be graduate level courses in pursuit of the Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Year 6 is spent in one or more locations, mainly in the region, but a few national and international sites as well. These come in a series of 5 week rotations. Some people take more years to complete the traditional years 1 and 2. In fact, many start the traditional year 3 with a bachelor's degree, sometimes an advanced degree, already in their pocket. Given the arduous nature of the P3 year (year 5 of the required 6), I find it hard to believe that a student could be able to practice and travel regularly with the team while attending class in Sioux Falls. I wonder if he might be considering adding additional classes in Brookings, perhaps in pursuit of a master's degree in addition to the B.S. degree which is granted at the end of the P2 year before he proceeds to the P3 year in Sioux Falls. Such additional study could be useful to him if he wishes to enter one of the specialty positions which are currently opening up in pharmacy. This represents pure speculation on my part.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Another year with Moffitt would be a difference maker. I hope it works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              It would mean that Gentry could be brought along gradually rather than completely throwing him in the fire from the start. That would definitely be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                It would mean that Gentry could be brought along gradually rather than completely throwing him in the fire from the start. That would definitely be a good thing.
                That could be one huge lineup:
                PG: Keaton Moffit-6'5"
                SG: Skyler Flatten-6'6"
                SF: Reed Tellinghuisen-6'6"
                PF: Mike Daum-6'9"
                C: Ian Theisen-6'9"
                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

https://twitter.com/NickESPN991/stat...31250888101888
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I think it's an insult to not even think about giving Tevin consideration for one of the starting guard spots! Didn't they have tall guards the year before Parks and Marshall arrived, how did that work out?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                      That could be one huge lineup:
                      PG: Keaton Moffit-6'5"
                      SG: Skyler Flatten-6'6"
                      SF: Reed Tellinghuisen-6'6"
                      PF: Mike Daum-6'9"
                      C: Ian Theisen-6'9"
                      Well, it looks like you can strike Keaton from that possible lineup. And without some backup bigs, Mike and Ian probably can't both start. But who knows what the next few weeks will bring.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldogs53 View Post
                        I think it's an insult to not even think about giving Tevin consideration for one of the starting guard spots! Didn't they have tall guards the year before Parks and Marshall arrived, how did that work out?
                        I wasn't suggesting it should be the starting lineup. I only was suggesting we could have 5 players on the court at the same time with some size.

Comment

I'd say it's probable that Tevin will start next year for us, but I think he'll be a lock if he can gain some consistency with his shot. King has the strength, quickness, and effort to be a really good player in the league and doesn't really need to change how he plays currently, but he does need to be able to knock down open 3s on a regular basis so he isn't a liability out there. Also, he needs to improve his free throw percentage.

I'm hoping for a big freshman-to-sophomore year jump for him.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

I think it is an insult to the coaching staff and the roster to question decisions on the rotation that is a long way from being on the floor. It was a head scratcher to watch Daum sit on the bench, but the end result was successful as Daum received the accolades and he was effective in his minutes. The minutes on the floor are more important for the team than the starting line up.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

https://twitter.com/3KMoffia/status/724735539677515776
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Good young man who will be doing great in the pharmacy arena when he graduates. Keaton was the diamond in the rough for Jackrabbit basketball.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X