Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Replacing Nagy: Who Ya Got?

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    In the 'it's halftime of the Spurs/Warriors game and I have nothing better to do department'....Ryan Miller is now following Reed Tellinghuisen and Skyler Flatten on Twitter.
    Along with Justin Sell and Mike Daum.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Along with Justin Sell and Mike Daum.
      And just now...Chris Bono.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

And just now...Chris Bono.
        When you start following Bono, it's all over with...��

Comment

In the 'it's halftime of the Spurs/Warriors game and I have nothing better to do department'....Ryan Miller is now following Reed Tellinghuisen and Skyler Flatten on Twitter.
          Ha, perfect. Solid research. I would be very happy if this is the first sign of Ryan Miller becoming the next SDSU MBB Head Coach.

Comment

I think it is worth noting that UNLV is searching for new head coach as well. And from what I have been reading Miller isn't a candidate for the UNLV head coaching job.

The Rebels head coach, Dave Rice, got canned in the middle of the season so they had to name a interim head coach. The interim head coach was offered to a different assistant coach by the name of Todd Simon(was Findlay Prep's head coach last year) who now just took a head coaching job at SUU. I think it would be a perfect time for Ryan Miller to move on and become SDSU's head coach if offered and the pay is right

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              I think it is worth noting that UNLV is searching for new head coach as well. And from what I have been reading Miller isn't a candidate for the UNLV head coaching job.

The Rebels head coach, Dave Rice, got canned in the middle of the season so they had to name a interim head coach. The interim head coach was offered to a different assistant coach by the name of Todd Simon(was Findlay Prep's head coach last year) who now just took a head coaching job at SUU. I think it would be a perfect time for Ryan Miller to move on and become SDSU's head coach if offered and the pay is right
              UNLV already hired their coach.

Miller has to be the guy. It'd be kind of weird if he wasn't after following all these players.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Kyrie Irving gave his endorsement (when asked by an SDSU student.)

https://twitter.com/CoachRyanMiller/...04378143252480
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

UNLV did hire a coach but it's a mess. The administration and AD are in a debacle with the Board of Regents. The BOR is upset they didn't have more say regarding the contract and have yet to approve it. Sounds like it will get approved but they are very upset with the $ amount. Both sides upset with the other.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2010 View Post
                    UNLV did hire a coach but it's a mess. The administration and AD are in a debacle with the Board of Regents. The BOR is upset they didn't have more say regarding the contract and have yet to approve it. Sounds like it will get approved but they are very upset with the $ amount. Both sides upset with the other.
                    Vote is Today
                    http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/...without-debate

Comment

1. Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        We can probably agree he got a massive pay raise from here. That's all that matters. Joe is a good man and will make a good coach.
                      Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

SUPERBUNNY

All this talk about money makes my head spin. Nagy probably would of made over $8 million by the time he was 65 years old at SDSU and now he will make over $11 million(rough guesses). Plus, he could have retired(if he wanted to) at age 65 and made over $100,000/year off of the state retirement system(another guess). I know you can never make enough money but that doesn't sound too bad to me.

I still think he thinks this is a better opportunity to move up to being a coach at a P5 conference team and he just wanted to try a new challenge but what do I know? Everybody makes their own decisions for their own reasons and I don't blame them for that.

Comment

Has there been any other chatter out there about any other names? Are there any DII head coach names in the wind? It does not seem there has been any final list of candidates announced for interviews or consideration. Friday would be a good day for a list of names.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          If Sell is looking to massively upgrade the outlay for the coach then he kind of spit the bit not offering it to Nagy. SUPERBUNNY
                          Nagy might have said to him "Time for me to move on, even if you match, I am going to WSU"
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            [LIST=1][*]

All this talk about money makes my head spin. Nagy probably would of made over $8 million by the time he was 65 years old at SDSU and now he will make over $11 million(rough guesses). Plus, he could have retired(if he wanted to) at age 65 and made over $100,000/year off of the state retirement system(another guess). I know you can never make enough money but that doesn't sound too bad to me.

I still think he thinks this is a better opportunity to move up to being a coach at a P5 conference team and he just wanted to try a new challenge but what do I know? Everybody makes their own decisions for their own reasons and I don't blame them for that.
                            I think he was worn out from the transition still for a few years. Last thing he probably wanted was a full on rebuild. Wright state my guess has some thigns going for it. If he can do rather well i see him having the chance to move on in 4 or 5 years easily. Yes he had made a few bucks over the 21 years and would have continue to make good money according to a lot of people. But in his profession, he had to be at the lower end, and after 21 years his salary was still pretty modest compared to peers with less years of service.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Has there been any other chatter out there about any other names? Are there any DII head coach names in the wind? It does not seem there has been any final list of candidates announced for interviews or consideration. Friday would be a good day for a list of names.
                              The only DII coaches name I've heard is Billeter.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I think he was worn out from the transition still for a few years. Last thing he probably wanted was a full on rebuild. Wright state my guess has some thigns going for it. If he can do rather well i see him having the chance to move on in 4 or 5 years easily. Yes he had made a few bucks over the 21 years and would have continue to make good money according to a lot of people. But in his profession, he had to be at the lower end, and after 21 years his salary was still pretty modest compared to peers with less years of service.
                                I wouldn't say it is a full out rebuild, but just taking a glance at their roster and stats they lost a lot. He may struggle a bit the first year but I would expect some transfers will be heading to WSU. All he has to do is head down the road a bit. Seems as if half the Ohio State team are transferring out this year. Nagy will be fine, SDSU will be fine. I'm pretty excited to see who we bring in. I like Miller, and I like Billetter for different reasons. Though, much like I've heard Zimmer say. I would not be surprised at all if it is a name we currently do not have on the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X