Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    This post has the odor of smack, but you're safe, it's your board.

And when Nagy signs a new multi year deal, you can thank that "lesser university to the south" for paving the way.

If you want to be a moderator, go off and start your own board.

It is not as easy, as fun, as satisfying, or as fulfilling as it looks. It is rather tedious, though.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Just a reminder, I think, that Coach Nagy has made a mark on Mid-Major basketball and people have noticed. SDSU needs to pay him whatever it takes to keep him.
      Then we need to pull out our collective checkbooks and pay him as donors. I believe NDSU has done this for football. Supplement the school's pay with out donations.

There's a lot of people that are quick to the "pay more" discussion, but don't want to ante up.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        If you want to be a moderator, go off and start your own board.

It is not as easy, as fun, as satisfying, or as fulfilling as it looks. It is rather tedious, though.
        It was meant as a joke and light hearted humor.

Comment

Zero chance he takes this job. First off the AD there does not come off as an easy one to work with. There was a lot of scrutiny over the firing of Donlan. Coach Nagy has a phenomenal relationship with both Sell & Costello, that alone goes a long way in the coaching business.

Second, as a previous poster alluded to, this would not be a step up. Summit League is just as good if not better than the Horizon with Butler gone. Plus I highly doubt WSU gets the Fan/Booster support that SDSU gets.

It would take a MVC/MAC type program to lure Coach away.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            It was meant as a joke and light hearted humor.
            Dealing with plumbing issues at home. Not conducive to good humor unfortunately.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Life is about a lot more than money. He's doing pretty well for himself now and isn't likely to leave SDSU for a move to Wright State unless they throw a boat load of cash at him. I'm talking $4-500K over multiple years....I don't see that happening.

Now, he gets a shot at a higher mid major or a major conference opportunity that's a whole different ball of wax. I don't think he feels like he's reached the pinnacle of what can be accomplished at SDSU. I don't see this as being very likely at all.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

sort of worry when a big class graduates. he had 2 great years with the group. I worry if Daum says something like well coach i want to try a higher level and transfer, not saying he wouldnt have anything to come back too and moving family and kids isnt alway s a fun time. but if there was a chance to move on it might be something like that. I dont think the multi year contract is that much an issue since all our coaches seem to have plenty of years worth of leeway so a bad couple years doesnt mean they are on the hotseat as much as other schools. the coaches can esentially negotiate raises every year so there might be some perks that way too. plus going to some other schools who might pay more but are rebuilding might not sound as much fun. not an established program that you walk into a good situation might not be ideal at all for a coach who went through the transition. he might wait for something a little more attractive.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                  Zero chance he takes this job. First off the AD there does not come off as an easy one to work with. There was a lot of scrutiny over the firing of Donlan. Coach Nagy has a phenomenal relationship with both Sell & Costello, that alone goes a long way in the coaching business.

Second, as a previous poster alluded to, this would not be a step up. Summit League is just as good if not better than the Horizon with Butler gone. Plus I highly doubt WSU gets the Fan/Booster support that SDSU gets.

It would take a MVC/MAC type program to lure Coach away.
                  Wright State is competing with U of Dayton Flyers who have a big following. I lived in Dayton 1973-76. Wright State was D2 back then. I have not been back more than a few times but I suspect Wright State is still the step child in fan following.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Wright State is competing with U of Dayton Flyers who have a big following. I lived in Dayton 1973-76. Wright State was D2 back then. I have not been back more than a few times but I suspect Wright State is still the step child in fan following.
                    Little Brother...... we can relate...

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                      Little Brother...... we can relate...
                      At least in the 1970's so much of the curriculum was set up to serve the military personnel at Wright Patterson AFB and this does not make for a good fan base either. I believe the campus does boarder on the air base.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Life is about a lot more than money. He's doing pretty well for himself now and isn't likely to leave SDSU for a move to Wright State unless they throw a boat load of cash at him. I'm talking $4-500K over multiple years....I don't see that happening.

Now, he gets a shot at a higher mid major or a major conference opportunity that's a whole different ball of wax. I don't think he feels like he's reached the pinnacle of what can be accomplished at SDSU. I don't see this as being very likely at all.
                        I had not seen this article from the Baltimore Sun. Some interesting comments by coach Nagy which may give some insight into his thoughts on moving on.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/c...317-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                          I had not seen this article from the Baltimore Sun. Some interesting comments by coach Nagy which may give some insight into his thoughts on moving on.

Very nice little article.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                            The writer did get a little mixed up on how Scott Nagy got to SDSU. Nagy did not follow one of his dad's assistants to SDSU. Scott came on his own and applied for the assistant's job that was vacant because Mark Peterson moved on for what ever reasons. Jim Thorson hired him. Other than that detail, the writer is correct and its a good article. Brookings seems to grow on people for some reason.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 03-29-2016, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

Call me crazy but I'd be surprised if Nagy left anytime soon. Brookings is home.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                                you would think with the advent of the Internet a reporter could check facts

Comment

Working...
                                X