Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rumor: Nagy to Wright State

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
    There are talented D1 assistants all over America who would love a crack at the SDSU job. When the head coaching position was opened up after Thorson was fired (1993) and two years later when Soderberg resigned (1995), there was a tremendous amount of interest from quality coaches all over the country. As someone stated, this will be a time for Sell to shine. I trust him as he has shined a lot during his tenure as AD.
    The Jacks haven't had to hire a major program area coach in the 13 or 14 years I've been a Jacks fan. Is the AD pretty much on his own and able to move relatively quickly, or do they need to post the opening for a period of time with search committees,etc......

Comment

Evan Daniels, Scout.com Director of Basketball Recruiting ..

"Wright State will hire Scotty Nagy, per a source. The school will make an announcement tomorrow and have a press conference on Tuesday."

Comment

Because somebody's gotta say it . . .

How about Amy Williams!

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

How about Amy Williams!

And I wasn't gonna drink today...
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

How about Amy Williams!

How about Kim Mulakey? She might not like the winters but damn that gal can coach.

Comment

Coaches don't get into coaching to get rich. When the opportunity presents itself you have to take it. Good for coach. Thanks for the awesome ride.

Hopefully we don't think small on this hire. Justin needs to hit a home run. Potentially there's alot riding on this hire.

Change is hard. Hopefully the current players embrace the change.

Once again. Thanks coach & Go Rabbits!

Comment

Well I wish Nagy the best at Wright State. He has built a quality program and more importantly has brought in quality kids and developed them. There was a time when Nagy was under tremendous pressure during our lean years in the transition and I am glad he pulled through that period and led us to the NCAA 3 times.

Moving forward, SDSU is a very desirable program for potential coaches. Nagy has said numerous times that one of the enduring qualities of SDSU is that we are the leading university for the state. There are not a lot of coaching positions available that can make that claim. We also have the SLT within 50 miles of campus, which is the gateway to the NCAA tourney. We also have a very supportive fan base and university that is upgrading facilities including a remodel of Frost Arena.

I have faith that Justin Sell will find a quality head coach and the program will continue to improve.

Go State!!!
                Go Jacks!!!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Congrats to coach Nagy. It's been quite a ride with him in charge. Lots of good times.

I agree that the SDSU job will be especially attractive to up-and-comers that are looking to work their way up the ladder. The ticket to doing so at this level is making NCAA Tournament appearances. Playing the SLT in an arena full of blue gives SDSU above average odds of qualifying compared to most mid-major schools. This would be a good gateway job (though I'd much prefer someone who wants to stick around!).

And I thought the offseason would be relatively boring.....

Comment

Billeter is a very strong recruiter. I feel he is on the top of the mountain from all the names that have been mentioned from this area or past asst coaches now head coaches. Now if a guy like Billeter came in would you be surprised if he tried to keep some of the assts. on Nagy's staff or go another direction?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post
                      Billeter is a very strong recruiter. I feel he is on the top of the mountain from all the names that have been mentioned from this area or past asst coaches now head coaches. Now if a guy like Billeter came in would you be surprised if he tried to keep some of the assts. on Nagy's staff or go another direction?
                      I think Billeter would look to keep Krabbenhoft. Joe during his one year playing with the Skyorce, he would volunteer his time and help out at Augie's practices. But if Krabbenhoft has an assistant job in the works at Wisconsin, IMO Joe wouldnt stay around.

Comment

Krabbenhoft has accepted an assistant coaching job at Wisconsin according to @nickESPN991

"Source close to Joe Krabbenhoft said he took his name out of consideration at State but did get an assistant coaching job at Wisconsin."

Comment

Nagy told the team in a face to face meeting at 5pm. Sounds like a lot of tears were shed. The remaining scholarship players are all weighing their options. Workouts are supposed to start tomorrow.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Ryan Miller is very interested and would be a great fit. He's recruited, developed, and coached many pick n pop guys which this offense has thrived with. #daum

Hes making 215k at unlv but turned down 280k at New Mexico this off season to coach a couple recruits he had coming in.

Comment

Really hate to lose Nagy but it isn't the end of the world. Although we don't know who will apply we have come up with a decent list already. Think of the possibilities of all the people we haven't thought of.

According to the Wright State AD they had a ton of interest, maybe not always top quality but the interest was there. That is for a program that has 2 NCAA appearances in the last 30 years, or something like that. While SDSU may not sound sexy outside of South Dakota, anyone who does there research will see that it is a great opportunity. I think we will be pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest it generates.

i love Miller's recruiting resume. That on the outside sounds like a great match, but I trust AD Sell to make a great choice. We need to make a choice in a timely manner tho to help the players stay calm. Hopefully someone is talking with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                How about Austin Hanson?
                                He is dead to me.

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X