Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Season Ended Today Which Teams Are In Our Bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Season Ended Today Which Teams Are In Our Bracket?

Just curious because sometime the #1 seed is not always the easiest path.
    Last edited by bulldogs53; 02-21-2016, 10:17 AM.

Re: If the Season Ended Today Which Teams Are In Our Bracket?

IPFW vs USD
    IUPUI vs NDSU

SDSU vs Denver
    Omaha vs Oral Roberts

Chances are good this isnt how it will be

Comment

As of right now, SDSU (2) would play Denver (7). Omaha (3) and Oral (6) also would be on the Jacks' side of the bracket. USD and Denver play today. USD might be able to move up to the seventh seed and create am SDSU vs. USD opening round match. The teams all have a couple of games to go, so things remain in flux.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        As of right now, SDSU (2) would play Denver (7). Omaha (3) and Oral (6) also would be on the Jacks' side of the bracket. USD and Denver play today. USD might be able to move up to the seventh seed and create am SDSU vs. USD opening round match. The teams all have a couple of games to go, so things remain in flux.
        Id be Ok with NDSU and USD being in the opposite bracket. Even though i dont think we would lose to USD, we dont need the rivalry factor involved.

Comment

The way I see it. Our only chance to get the #1 seed would be to win out and have IUPUI beat IPFW AND finish ahead of Omaha in the standings (Note: I guess IPFW could lose out too but I'm not sure I see that happening).

Comment

I think we are stuck with #2 also. The only real negative with that is the loss of the NIT auto-bid. That's a nice thing to have in your pocket (see last year).

I think seeds 1-5 are relatively set. We're likely to run into Omaha in the second round and FW in the finals (assuming we survive). It's the opening game that is a long way from determined. There's a pretty good chance we will face the winner of today's DEN/USD game in our opening round.

NDSU and IUPUI have the tiebreaker over Omaha, but Omaha only has one game left (home vs ORU) and it is very winnable. They should finish10-6 and stay in third. I think NDSU and IUPUI will lose at least one more each and will settle into 4/5.

Comment

I am just glad the Jacks were able to hang on and lock down the 2 seed. With the health if this team, the day off on Sunday will be needed, and even with that I concerned with performance in potential back to back games in semis and finals.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                I am just glad the Jacks were able to hang on and lock down the 2 seed. With the health if this team, the day off on Sunday will be needed, and even with that I concerned with performance in potential back to back games in semis and finals.

How bout if we win one more game then we can say we have one of the top 2 seeds locked down.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  How bout if we win one more game then we can say we have one of the top 2 seeds locked down.
                  Yes exactly. I thought I had read that we all but had that locked up. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                  X