Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU game in Fargo

Originally posted by jackmd
    5 players in double figures, rebounding advantage and 10% better from the field against the 1st place team on their homecourt!!  We won't lose another game if we get that kind of performance night in and night out.

89, remind use where we stand in your master plan which you so eloquently laid out when the future didn't look so bright back in early January.  Are we still on course and what do we need to do to complete the journey?
    JackMD,

The next step is the sweep of the ND schools (so we are half way through Step 4).  If you want a full synopsis please see "Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor" thread.  Don't worry I will post there after our win tonight! ;D

Go State, beat the Sioux!

Comment

It was a big win for both men and women.  I think NDSU, men and women, are programs that will get better if not this year then next year.  We may have to take them on again before the season is over.  Our athletes need to stay focused and do what we can to play up to ability.

I thought Scott Miller of WDAY was exceptionally compliementry of SDSU. Scott said that when you take on SDSU, you are taking on one of the best in D2 and in the entire country.  Also the players Ben Nembers and CoCo Colfield were compliementary.  Both were kind of disappointed in their performance, and its understable to feel that way. At the same time they commented on how well our guys played and played together as a unit.

An speaking of Jack players, Josh Cerveny appeared to the Josh we saw when he was a freshman and Soph.
      He is as Nagy said after the Augie game, the smartest player in terms of basketball plays.  His phyical condition is improving and the rest seems to come naturally as NDSU had a difficult time covering Cervney.

Matt Jones was dressed in the street clothes outfit that the team wears while in a travel status.  I think its still going to be a while before we see him playing.

Moeller threw up an air ball early in the game and the NDSU Students would not let Moeller forget it.  Every time Moeller got his hands on the ball, there was a very vocal chant "Airball"  AirBall"

One of the things I  noticed Matt Jones do was talk to Moeller during time outs and Matt seemed to be encouraging Andy.  After Andy hit the hoops several times, the air ball chants stopped.  Students will be students, and hey they are the reason we have these games. In Moeller's case, the chants just seem to make him work harder.

I hope our good playing can continue tonight.  We have swept all four games in North Dakota before and it can be done again.  Go Jack, play up your ability.

Comment

Cerveny deserves a lot of credit for the current winning streak. I expect Schantz to have a big game tonight.

We really need to come out early with defensive intensity and blow UND out of the water. If we let them hang around they can pull of the upset like they did last week in Fargo.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          Cerveny deserves a lot of credit for the current winning streak.  I expect Schantz to have a big game tonight.  

We really need to come out early with defensive intensity and blow UND out of the water.  If we let them hang around they can pull of the upset like they did last week in Fargo.
          FYI... the mens loss (courtesy of the 3 point prayer by UND to send the game into overtime) was in Grand Forks.... we won by 25 in Fargo

it will be interesting to see what kind of crowds UND gets tonight... only about 1800 for the men's game and the attendance for the women's game wasn't even listed in the box score.... attendance should be much better for SDSU rather than Augie but Hockey is in town so who knows.

Comment

Thanks for the correction, somebison, my apologies. The 3-point heave is my point exactly. Allowing a team that doesn't deserve to win a game hang around leads to 3-point prayers at the buzzer and bad losses. Not allowing this to happen separates the great teams from the good teams.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I really enjoyed the trip to North Dakota with SDSU winning 3 out of 4. I thought the Jacks just physically put it to the Bison. Cervaney seems to do better when he goes up against someone he can muscle. He had a much more difficult time against the taller UND guys. A few things I took away from the trip.

It's an easy drive from the Twin Cities
              Frost is an exceptional faciltity compared to the Bison Sports Arena and Hyslop.
              We need to sell Jacks logo items at the games as I have stated before. This is a no brainer and will enhance revenues and bring more brand exposure.
              NDSU has the least expensive concessions I have seen anywhere. Basically a $1.00 for everything. Also had
              beef, mash potatoes, cookie buffet for $6.00
              Should we be charging for parking?
              Having SDSU in a college town rather than a metro location is a good thing.
              A real rivalary can be developed with fellow landgrant university NDSU.
              Grand Forks was 21 below when I have left and I don't care to ever go back. Prefer balmy Minneapolis.
              Sugar beets are a major ag product in N.D.
              Don't wash your car when it's 21 below or you may have a hard time getting your key in the lock when you are ready to leave.
              N.D doesn't believe in plowing or salting the roads.
              Don't share a room with your father who has a snooring problem.

Comment

Jackguy,
                Those are all very important life lessons we all can learn from.
                God Bless You !
                Texas

Comment

The WDAY Radio team does a fantastic job of covering the Bison with two solid announcers, Opposing coaches interviews, player interviews both pre and postgame. Their pre and post game shows are at least a half hour and go into in depth analysis. We (WNAX) needs to upgrade how they cover the Jacks. Someone to compliment Imming on the radio would be a good start. Also tie in the higlight reel after the game with the Sports segment on TV.

Comment

I have made this point earlier as well as alerting people to the need for more timely press releases. I still have not seen a media guide for this years men's BB team. This is not accpetable and needs to change. On the other note, WNAX needs to increase its coverage as well as adding a color man. On Saturday night Imming could only make excuses for not having the other NCC scores. He needs some help with the coverage.

Comment

Jackguy is right, I listened to the WDAY broadcast when the Bison played at Frost Arena, they are very good / experienced announcers. Imming does a great job on WNAX I just think he needs to add more features like they do at WDAY.

Comment

Texas,

I must say I like your new "dressed up" posts. Nice use of Avatar!

Comment

I was bored today 8)

Comment

Working...
                          X