No announcement yet.

Tough Competiton for Newcomer of Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Competiton for Newcomer of Year!

Daum SDSU, Hollins Omaha, Konchar IPFW, did I miss anyone. Those 3 have got to be the frontrunners. Got the chance to see Konchar up close and he is one TOUGH dude. After last night I would've pick him, but I've watched Daum turn in some dominating performances and Hollins at Omaha is a good reason why Omaha has exceeded expectations. I don't know! Am I forgetting anyone who should be in the conversation, what are your thoughts?

Re: Tough Competiton for Newcomer of Year!

Originally posted by bulldogs53 View Post
    Daum SDSU, Hollins Omaha, Konchar IPFW, did I miss anyone. Those 3 have got to be the frontrunners. Got the chance to see Konchar up close and he is one TOUGH dude. After last night I would've pick him, but I've watched Daum turn in some dauminating performances and Hollins at Omaha is a good reason why Omaha has exceeded expectations. I don't know! Am I forgetting anyone who should be in the conversation, what are your thoughts?
    Spelled it wrong, fixed if for you.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Daum SDSU, Hollins Omaha, Konchar IPFW, did I miss anyone. Those 3 have got to be the frontrunners. Got the chance to see Konchar up close and he is one TOUGH dude. After last night I would've pick him, but I've watched Daum turn in some dominating performances and Hollins at Omaha is a good reason why Omaha has exceeded expectations. I don't know! Am I forgetting anyone who should be in the conversation, what are your thoughts?
      I would agree on those 3. They are all different types of players so it makes it hard to compare them. I will admit I enjoy watching Konchar play. He is almost like a throw back player from the "old" days. The kids motor never stops and is a flat out athlete. He reminds me of the worm of the old Detroit Pistons. Should be interesting to see who gets the nod.

Comment

Daum w/ 6th Man of the Year. Konchar w/ Newcomer of the Year. All three make Newcomer Team.

Comment

I'm convinced with what these 3-have done for their respective teams it would be unfair to pick one. Don't know if it's ever been done but why not share the award with all three!!

Comment

I'm convinced with what these 3-have done for their respective teams it would be unfair to pick one. Don't know if it's ever been done but why not share the award with all three!!
            Very tough decision there.

The impact these "out of nowhere" guys have made is a great example of why preseason rankings really mean so little. Next year there will a new set of guys none of us have never heard of that come in and make a huge splash. Hopefully one of them plays in the backcourt for SDSU, because we are going to need the help!

Comment

FWIW: Zimmer voted Daum as the Freshman of the Year and 6th Man of the Year.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...llot/81073926/

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

It appears that transfer of the year and the freshman of the year might be a change from newcomer of the year. I may have missed that before though.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  It appears that transfer of the year and the freshman of the year might be a change from newcomer of the year. I may have missed that before though.
                  Looking back has not had a freshman of the year. It has been newcomer as Parks picked up this distinction last year.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I like this change. Never liked "newcomer of the year" as the freshman would get overshadowed by transfers. Much easier for a transfer to put up numbers worthy of recognition than it is for a freshman. Kudos to the Summit League and whatever coaches/admins/SIDs voted to make this change.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

*obligatory Coach Williams chewing the refs post.*

It's been brought up before, but I don't know how you give both Freshman and Sixth Man to anyone other than Daum. Hollins and Konchar put up great numbers, but Daum put up better numbers in 2/3's the time played. (Daum = 20 min/gm, Konchar = 35 min/gm, Hollins = 32 min/gm.)
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        *obligatory Coach Williams chewing the refs post.*

It's been brought up before, but I don't know how you give both Freshman and Sixth Man to anyone other than Daum. Hollins and Konchar put up great numbers, but Daum put up better numbers in 2/3's the time played. (Daum = 20 min/gm, Konchar = 35 min/gm, Hollins = 32 min/gm.)
                        I'm guessing Zimmer doesn't like Amy when that's the picture he chose for the women's awards. I mean, he could have used a picture of Seekamp. (Sorry this has nothing to do with the thread, but I think it's funny he chose that picture.)
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                          I'm guessing Zimmer doesn't like Amy when that's the picture he chose for the women's awards. I mean, he could have used a picture of Seekamp. (Sorry this has nothing to do with the thread, but I think it's funny he chose that picture.)
                          I am pretty sure Zim doesn't pick the pictures. Isn't that the duties of the layout editor?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            I am pretty sure Zim doesn't pick the pictures. Isn't that the duties of the layout editor?
                            It's his blog, but maybe somebody does that for him.
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                              It's his blog, but maybe somebody does that for him.
                              Sorry didn't know it was his blog. Then I am not sure on who picks the photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X