Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackrabbit Journal - Episode 22 (Midco Sports Network)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit Journal - Episode 22 (Midco Sports Network)

The latest episode of Jackrabbit Journal is now online! You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUu3a4y8Esg&t=1132s

Segment 1: Host Tom Nieman recaps the previous weekend with highlights from SDSU men's and women's hoops.

Segment 2: Tom sits down with men's head coach Scott Nagy to discuss the Omaha loss, the USD win and looking ahead to the big showdown against Fort Wayne.

Segment 3: Women's head coach Aaron Johnston discusses his team's 7-game win streak and the nitpicky things he wants his team to improve.

Segment 4: Our "Rabbit Fire" interview segment with women's sophomore Lexi Alexander.

Segment 5: Tom sits down with wrestling coach Chris Bono to discuss the team's record 12th straight dual victory over West Virginia and looking ahead to the Big 12 Championships.

Midco Sports Network will have both SDSU women's games this week, starting with the matchup against Denver tonight at 7:00 PM. And then, of course, the showdown with South Dakota at 2:00 PM on Saturday.

Re: Jackrabbit Journal - Episode 22 (Midco Sports Network)

Originally posted by LetsGetJacked View Post
    The latest episode of Jackrabbit Journal is now online! You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUu3a4y8Esg&t=1132s

Segment 2: Tom sits down with men's head coach Scott Nagy to discuss the Omaha loss, the USD win and looking ahead to the big showdown against Fort Wayne.
    Can someone help me understand why Nagy continues to downplay our good shooting performances. In this segment he mentions "those things just don't matter" when referring to us hitting 3's and us having a good shooting performance.

I understand us being aggresive on defense and doing what he considers a good defensive effort. However, I don't have to look far to remember the SL Championship game last year which ended up being a dogfight and a pretty good defensive battle to the end. As I recall Parks, Marshall and Tellinghuisen couldn't buy a shot and some guy named Alexander got hot and knocked down 2 or 3 three pointers and it led to them moving on and us hoping/wishing for a better 2015/2016. Look at our losses this year; IUPUI and NDSU and Fort Wayne were poor shooting performances as we shot 41% for the game and 25% and 35% from three in two games and 35% and 20% in the other loss.

I don't know how far we'll advance this year but I sure hope it doesn't come down to our final loss being a game in which we play great defense but no one can put the ball in the basket or 2/3 of our guys are shooting poorly. I just think you welcome good shooting performances but continue to make defense the thing your team hangs its hat on! He makes it sound as if good shooting means nothing!

Comment

Working...
    X