JACKS #3 IN NATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JACKS #3 IN NATION

Might need to cut/past the url into Windows Media Player...I couldn't get it to launch directly from my Internet Explorer.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UNK up 36-19.  They have buried a lot of 3's.

I like the Ft. Hays guy better:

http://www.kaysradio.com/kays-am.asx
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

44-24 UNK at the half. Yeah, the Kearney radio guy sounds very bored.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Happy Gilmore is on, much more entertaining than this game.  I'm out. I'll check back later for the final score.  UNK won't blow a 20 point lead at home.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

80-55, Kearney, two and change minutes left.

No energy whatsoever in the announcer or in the crowd.

Ft. Hays must really suck this year.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              80-55, Kearney, two and change minutes left.

No energy whatsoever in the announcer or in the crowd.

Ft. Hays must really suck this year.
              Agreed and the more telling point is that they are probably the 3rd best team in the RMAC!! They crushed Col. Christian just this weekend. Clearly, Metro and UNK are much better than the best teams in the NSIC but the NSIC may be a better conference from top to bottom. No comparison for either with the NCC. It will be really unfortunate if there is an upset in the RMAC tourney allowing a 3rd (and very mediocre team) to make the regional. It seems to happen every year though.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, we can't get out of D-II fast enough.

Metro and Kearney would be very competitive in the NCC, although frankly I don't think they could stand up to the Friday-Saturday pounding week after week. Ft. Hays and Fort Lewis would probably be .500. The rest would contend for the DAC-10 title. I have much more respect anybody in the NSIC than for anyone from the RMAC whose names aren't Metro or Kearney.

What a horrible conference. Feh.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Kearney is an absolute logical fit for the NCC. They are consistently good in Men and Womens Basketball and are are near the top in DII attendence. Would make a good travel partner with UNO. For some reason they are not interested. May be money.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                    Here are the regional rankings from last week.  Again, top3 will stay the same.  Northern will move up to #4, NDSU and UNO will drop a spot or two, SCSU will drop out as will Christian, I suspect.  Ft. Hays may sneak in and with 2 quality road wins (lots of points) USD may make an appearance.

Update to last weeks region ratings.

1. Metro State (19-2) now (21-2)
                    2. Nebraska-Kearney (19-2) now (21-2)
                    3. SDSU (21-3) now (23-3)  
                    4. Colorado Christian (17-4) now (17-6)
                    5. Northern State (17-5) now (19-5)
                    6. NDSU (13-8) now (14-9)
                    7. Nebraska-Omaha (15-6) now (16-7)
                    8. St. Cloud State (15-6) now (15-8)
                    9. Fort Lewis (15-6) now (16-6)
                    10. Bemidji State (15-7) now (16-8)
                    I was wrong about Christian, they must have a bunch of points from their earlier wins this season. Bemidji held on to #10, no Ft. Hays (after last nights debacle at Kearney I'm glad). Only 2 more rankings for the year.

NORTH CENTRAL men
                    1. Metropolitan State 21-2
                    2. Nebraska-Kearney 21-2
                    3. South Dakota State 23-3
                    4. Northern State 19-5
                    5. Colorado Christian 17-6
                    6. Fort Lewis 16-6
                    7. North Dakota State 14-9
                    8. Nebraska-Omaha 16-7
                    9. South Dakota 16-7
                    10. Bemidji State 16-8

Most concerning (and laughable) Ft. Lewis jumped up 3 spots to #6!! This is no good. If they do not win the RMAC tourney they don't deserve a regional bid. Remainder of their schedule is weak (nothing like the NCC teams ranked below them faces) and I don't think they'll lose. That likely means they won't drop any spots. Hopefully, USD, UNO, or NDSU can leapfrog them even with losses to SDSU. If not, we may be looking at 3 teams from the RMAC, regardless of tourney results. That would be a travesty.

Comment

No way Ft. Lewis is better than any of the teams in the top 10 behind them. I would also bet CC or Ft Lewis couldn't beat anyone in the NCC with the exception of UND and Augie.

Comment

Don't think they could even beat Augie in S. Falls, much less UND in G. Forks.

Ft. Lewis takes advantage of the tough NCC schedule and moves up 3 spots to #6. Christian has lost 5 of 6 but holds on at #5. These two examples expose major flaws with the regional/SSI rankings. They do not take into consideration the relative "toughness" of each conference. A win in the RMAC' western div. (Ft. Lewis leads) or against a team other than UNK or Metro in the East should get equal points as a win against Augie in the NCC.

No way the RMAC deserves 3 of the top 5 spots. Both NDSU and UNO should be considered ahead of them for regional bids right now. USD deserves equal consideration with Ft. Lewis. Christian is an afterthought, no chance.

I only hope the selection committee is wise enough to recognize the descrepencies between conferences. I trust they are.

Comment

All right boys, I pulled the trigger.  I booked flights, car, and room, for California.  I feel good that '03-'04 is the year for the men!  See you there!  ;D  

Go Jackrabbits!

P.S. I just noticed that this is post 747 for me. Its got to be a sign! ;D

Comment

I'm back on board but I am not ready to plan a California trip just yet. Lets wait and see how the NCC race turns out.

Comment

89rabbit,
                              It's a sign allright, Its a sign your spending too much time on the message board ;D
                              You know I'm kidding. You still have a ways to go, a guy on Bisonville(Maybe Iowa_ bison?) went over a thousand a couple months ago.
                              Keep up the good work... What is next after the "senior" distinction... "Professor"?? ;D
                              Congrats,
                              Texas
                              see you in California!!

Comment

After seeing the Jacks stomp SCSU without some key players (Green had a walking cast on, Jones still MIA, and some of our guys in foul trouble), I am starting to think you might be right with your optimism. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X